Memo to new employee.

To: Bert
Date: 2/4/10
Subject: More help

Bert,

We still have received no reply from you to our memo of 10/25. No doubt you noticed, some of your friends were fired and replaced back in November. A couple of which, we noticed you campaigned for. Then just last month, we rejected another of your friends you campaigned for, resoundingly.

But... We now see we're partly to blame for the situation getting worse. We foolishly thought that if you had friends controlling the other two departments with a super-majority, you all would really be able to fix this mess.

We realize now that by far the worse thing you inherited was the same leaders in the other two departments! We assure you, come November we are going to rectify that situation resoundingly.

You really really should read our 10/25 memo again, and do some thinking. I mean, really. Really read it and do some thinking, for real.

John.

Dear John Q. Public

Thank you for your comments. I certainly appreciate your perspective. I think, perhaps, it is time to discuss what expectations are reasonable and what expectations are unreasonable. As you are well aware, my predecessor left us deeply in debt, having funded an overabundance of discretionary projects while, for some inexplicable reason cutting your revenue stream. This means not that I am unwilling or unable to repair the damage he left, but that the resources available to me for such repairs are more limited than might otherwise be the case. This does not make my task impossible, it does, however, make it more herculean. Things have been steadily improving during my tenure. Given the time my predecessor had, I have no doubt I will leave your enterprise in much better condition than I found it.

I would request your continued patience in this matter since I think we both agree that things are moving in the right direction, albeit more slowly than we might both like. I would also request that you stop complaining to our customers and clients and investors about the speed not being what you like since that is clearly undermining the confidence of our customers, clients and investors. This further burderns an already arduous process.

In sum, I believe that a realistic view requires that we work together and continue on the path that we started. I know your expectations are great as are my own. But I cannot make things go faster than can be realistically accomplished given the great damage caused to your enterprise prior to my employment.

I look forward to our continued joint efforts.

Best regards,

Bert

Last edited:
Dear John Q. Public

Thank you for your comments. I certainly appreciate your perspective. I think, perhaps, it is time to discuss what expectations are reasonable and what expectations are unreasonable. As you are well aware, my predecessor left us deeply in debt, having funded an overabundance of discretionary projects while, for some inexplicable reason cutting your revenue stream. This means not that I am unwilling or unable to repair the damage he left, but that the resources available to me for such repairs are more limited than might otherwise be the case. This does not make my task impossible, it does, however, make it more herculean. Things have been steadily improving during my tenure. Given the time my predecessor had, I have no doubt I will leave your enterprise in much better condition than I found it.

I would request your continued patience in this matter since I think we both agree that things are moving in the right direction, albeit more slowly than we might both like. I would also request that you stop complaining to our customers and clients and investors about the speed not being what you like since that is clearly undermining the confidence of our customers, clients and investors. This further burderns an already arduous process.

In sum, I believe that a realistic view requires that we work together and continue on the path that we started. I know your expectations are great as are my own. But I cannot make things go faster than can be realistically accomplished given the great damage caused to your enterprise prior to my employment.

Best regards,

Bert
Bert,

Obviously you never read our memo dated 10/25/09. Please do so and give us a reply that shows you're cognizant of what it said. First hint: Continuing to blame your predecessor, blame-shifting and making excuses is 99% of our problem with you.

This memo you sent is nothing other than what you have been saying for a year, and what you said all during your campaigning for this job. Meanwhile, the stock market has lost 700 points in the last two weeks and the unemployment rate continues to climb.

We GET it, we KNOW you inherited a bad hand, but you also knew this when you campaigned and indeed asked for this job.

We don't need you constantly telling us what we already know and have heard from you well over three hundred times last year alone.

As we said earlier, we will be rectifying your worst inherited problem come November. Meanwhile, work on YOU and leave others out of it.

Roll up your sleeves, shut your mouth and get to work already.

John.

Last edited:
Dear John Q. Public

Best regards,

Bert
Bert,

Obviously you never read our memo dated 10/25/09. Please do so and give us a reply that shows you're cognizant of what it said. First hint: Continuing to blame your predecessor, blame-shifting and making excuses is 99% of our problem with you.

This memo you sent is nothing other than what you have been saying for a year, and what you said all during your campaigning for this job. Meanwhile, the stock market has lost 700 points in the last two weeks and the unemployment rate continues to climb.

We GET it, we KNOW you inherited a bad hand, but you also knew this when you campaigned and indeed asked for this job.

We don't need you constantly telling us what we already know and have heard from you well over three hundred times last year alone.

As we said earlier, we will be rectifying your worst inherited problem come November. Meanwhile, work on YOU and leave others out of it.

Roll up your sleeves, shut your mouth and get to work already.

John.

:clap2:

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back