Members List of USMB

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
In viewing the Members List of this board, I was astonished to see how many members there are and how many of these members never post to the board. Why is this? I'm just curious.

I think many of them come online as visitors and create a membership then either forget where they went or never feel comfortable posting.

I believe that for some people posting on the site for the first time seems like interrupting a conversation between old friends to interject. We have built a community of well known faces and names and sometimes that is a barrier that is difficult for some people to cross.

Could very well be. I just don't understand why you become a member of something and then don't partipate.

Do you know if there is a limit to the number of times you can visit this board unless you are a member? If there is a limit, maybe some of them become members just to have access to the board. I have noticed in the mornings when I log on more than 3/4 of those on the board at that time are listed as "guest".

Adam's Apple said:
Could very well be. I just don't understand why you become a member of something and then don't partipate.

Do you know if there is a limit to the number of times you can visit this board unless you are a member? If there is a limit, maybe some of them become members just to have access to the board. I have noticed in the mornings when I log on more than 3/4 of those on the board at that time are listed as "guest".

I don't think so. You would have to ask jimnyc or one of the Moderators.

Adam's Apple said:

There is no limit to how many times you can visit the board as a guest. Many people register for the board thinking that you need to be registered in order to read the threads - which isn't true.

Generally speaking, there will likely always be more guests than members on the board. I frequent the board myself in the AM without logging in. We are ranked rather high in search engines for political chat sites as well. And lastly, 'spiders' aka search engines are always sending the spiders here to crawl the site for data. Hope that helps!

Sometimes people like to lurk in the background and watch others.... participate.......Im sometimes like that, it depends on my mood. Maybe their getting pointers to use elsewhere? LOL

no1tovote4 said:
I believe that for some people posting on the site for the first time seems like interrupting a conversation between old friends to interject. We have built a community of well known faces and names and sometimes that is a barrier that is difficult for some people to cross.

This is true. Sometimes I feel intrusive and don't post. Also, most of the people that do post is so much better than I with words that it would embarrass me to add anything. Its hard for me to put into words what I am thinking.

Sir Evil said:
I wouldn't worry too much about it, have something you wanna say than just say it. We don't bite too hard! :D

Well, most of us don't bite too hard....

The more the merrier!

Forum List

Back