Members input

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
As usual, I'm seeking input from you guys. I placed 4 pictures at the top of the board. One, because I think it gives the board a better experience. Two, it'll help with advertising in various ways, and hopefully I can find those seeking to get the word out a place to have text links (which would be on the right sidebar).

No, I cannot have it just on the main page and not on the threads, but I am looking into fixing that. No, I won't remove John Kerry. I think he's an ugly bastard too but in all fairness to our most recent candidates he deserves to be there.

If there's too much of a lashback I will remove them but if you guys think it's not overly intrusive I would like to leave them.

jimnyc said:
As usual, I'm seeking input from you guys. I placed 4 pictures at the top of the board. One, because I think it gives the board a better experience. Two, it'll help with advertising in various ways, and hopefully I can find those seeking to get the word out a place to have text links (which would be on the right sidebar).

No, I cannot have it just on the main page and not on the threads, but I am looking into fixing that. No, I won't remove John Kerry. I think he's an ugly bastard too but in all fairness to our most recent candidates he deserves to be there.

If there's too much of a lashback I will remove them but if you guys think it's not overly intrusive I would like to leave them.

IMHO--lose Kerry--he doesn't deserve to be on a bathroom wall.

Jim….

I don’t have a problem with pics above the bar. I do have a problem with Kerry being in this particular group though. Pictures in a group like this tell a story.

When I look at this lineup I see, The President beside a proud country, next to a proud Naval Officer next to… Kerry? Remember, Kerry did not want to be associated with the Navy long before he did want to be.

Maybe all politician pics or something else would be better.

And that's my 2 cents.

Mr. P said:
….I don’t have a problem with pics above the bar. I do have a problem with Kerry being in this particular group though. Pictures in a group like this tell a story....
Agreed. There has to be a member of the opposing side that is somewhat repsectable. Possibly John Kennedy?

That was fast! Between the comments here and via PM's, I've changed the picture to Dick Cheney and separated the pictures a little more. I thought it would show more 'fairness' by having both parties but I also don't want any impression of disrespect either. If anyone can come up with something even better, speak up and we can chime in.

Thx!

lose Kerry...but now I see a pic of Dick...go figure...I agree with Joz on John Kennedy though!

Kennedy might be better. Those pictures definitely don't say "fair and balanced", y'know?

Mr. P said:
What happened to the two pics on the right? They got smaller.
Edit: wait, I see now a stepdown from left to right..why's that?
They look to be adjusted to all be the same width. The step down in height is just a byproduct of the width adjustment.

how about a guy doing a more-proper...more-correct salute? :)

soldier_salute.jpg

Forum List

Back