Melting of Greenland's ice sheets accelerates dramatically

But instead, it all grew back. The ice has gotten wider and thicker and the Arctic has grown colder and colder and colder. I don't know what the heck he was thinking. Right?

What nobody cares about - particularly the science - is what YOU give a fuck about fool.

The warming rate is now 33 times what it was 10,000 years ago. What the fuck do you think?
we're cooling off?
Sure we are, dumb ass. And look at how fast Canada is cooling off.

gfs_nh-sat1_t2anom_1-day.png

SSDD said:
And yet, Greenland's ice mass is way above normal...It has gained about 500 gigatons since September 2017...leaving it about 150 gigatons above the 1981-2010 mean.

No, totally wrong.

Did you not understand what your chart showed?

It showed the snowfall vs. melt mass balance. It did _not_ include glacier calving, which has increased massively, which is why Greenland is losing so much ice.

But then, I imagine your cult didn't inform you of that, hence you'd have no way of knowing.

Last edited:
You left out a critical piece of information...alarmists will universally leave out this bit of information when talking about arctic ice.

So, Willie Soon, the paid shill of the fossil fuel industry, quoting a Russian named Genrikh Alekseev. And how does that guy get it?
---
For instance, a strong correlation (a coefficient equal to -0.93) was found between the summer SAT in the marine Arctic and satellite-derived 1980-2014 September sea ice index (the average of SIE in the Arctic since 1978, in millions of km2). Based on this finding, anomalies of Arctic September SIE were reconstructed from the beginning of 20th century using a linear regression relationship
---

That is, he doesn't look at any actual historical ice measurements. He looks at nearby air temperature and RUNS A MODEL. His work has little connection to reality.

Meanwhile, here's what the actual historical Arctic Sea Ice levels look like, from actual ice measurements. The denier myth of "Ice was at a peak in 1979!" is exactly that, a myth.

This is taken from Meier 2012.
TC - A simple approach to providing a more consistent Arctic sea ice extent time series from the 1950s to present

arctic%2Bmo%2Banomaly%2B53-feb16.png

You left out a critical piece of information...alarmists will universally leave out this bit of information when talking about arctic ice.

So, Willie Soon, the paid shill of the fossil fuel industry, quoting a Russian named Genrikh Alekseev. And how does that guy get it?
---
For instance, a strong correlation (a coefficient equal to -0.93) was found between the summer SAT in the marine Arctic and satellite-derived 1980-2014 September sea ice index (the average of SIE in the Arctic since 1978, in millions of km2). Based on this finding, anomalies of Arctic September SIE were reconstructed from the beginning of 20th century using a linear regression relationship
---

That is, he doesn't look at any actual historical ice measurements. He looks at nearby air temperature and RUNS A MODEL. His work has little connection to reality.

Meanwhile, here's what the actual historical Arctic Sea Ice levels look like, from actual ice measurements. The denier myth of "Ice was at a peak in 1979!" is exactly that, a myth.

This is taken from Meier 2012.
TC - A simple approach to providing a more consistent Arctic sea ice extent time series from the 1950s to present

arctic%2Bmo%2Banomaly%2B53-feb16.png

You never fail to be a dupe....tell me hairball...what do you suppose the arctic looked like 10,000 years ago compared to today?

Lappi_Greenland_ice_core_10000yrs.jpg

Swemson%20Chart.2.jpg

arctic-sea-ice-holocene-stein-17.jpg

You never fail to be a dupe....tell me hairball...what do you suppose the arctic looked like 10,000 years ago compared to today?

The dishonesty of pretending that one spot in Greenland is whole globe has been pointed out to you before. Yes, we get it, you've got a limited stable of lies to fall back on.

And again, you ran from the issue I brought up, like you always do. That issue was how you used a weird MODEL from an unknown Russian dude instead of actual historical sea ice measurements, because the actual measurements showed your cult was making it all up.

Care to address that? The hypocrisy of you relying on a model over hard data was the especially funny part, given your constant blubbering about models. I can see why you ran from that, being how you were so effective hoisted on your own petard.

But then, that's always the case. We rely on hard data, while you rely on unproven models and speculation, such as that weird ice model, or the UAH satellite temperature, or your bizarro-world physics in general.

The dishonesty of pretending that one spot in Greenland is whole globe has been pointed out to you before. Yes, we get it, you've got a limited stable of lies to fall back on.

And again, you ran from the issue I brought up, like you always do. That issue was how you used a weird MODEL from an unknown Russian dude instead of actual historical sea ice measurements, because the actual measurements showed your cult was making it all up.

Care to address that? The hypocrisy of you relying on a model over hard data was the especially funny part, given your constant blubbering about models. I can see why you ran from that, being how you were so effective hoisted on your own petard.

But then, that's always the case. We rely on hard data, while you rely on unproven models and speculation, such as that weird ice model, or the UAH satellite temperature, or your bizarro-world physics in general.
if Greenland is only a spot on the globe, why are we discussing it here? Isn't this your folks discussion point? I'm just saying, way to shit on your peer.

How long, and how many times has climate science told us that the arctic was the "canary in the coal mine"...that what happens in the arctic, follows globally? Is that yet another lie told by climate science?

Canary in the Coal Mine: The Arctic as a National Imperative
Why the Arctic is climate change’s canary in the coal mine – William Chapman
Melting Sea Ice: A Canary in the Coal Mine

What the hell are you talking about hairball? What "wierd" model. Do you never tire of being bitch slapped for your stupidity?

I don't run hairball...although I can't help but notice how you ran from your idiocy over on the ozone thread..not having any idea what Ox is, claiming that it was O3 and hung around for months..

How long, and how many times has climate science told us

That has nothing to do with the dishonesty of pretending that the temperature of one spot in Greenland represents the temperature of the entire world.

What the hell are you talking about hairball

Is everyone else in your cult also a predatory old queer? No wonder you're so cranky and frustrated. It must be really creepy there. I can see why you choose to do your cruising here.

What "wierd" model

First, if you're going to call others stupid, it's best to spellcheck.

As I explained in post #90, your graph of Arctic Ice levels in post #50 comes from a model from a Russian guy. In contrast, I posted the hard data on Arctic ice, data based on ice measurements instead of models.

The result? Your ran. But then, you always run, from everyone on every topic. And you're going to keep running here, since you won't want to explain why you embraced a model after screaming about the evils of models. So, I'll get to keep laughing. Ah, life is good.

How long, and how many times has climate science told us

That has nothing to do with the dishonesty of pretending that the temperature of one spot in Greenland represents the temperature of the entire world.

What the hell are you talking about hairball

Is everyone else in your cult also a predatory old queer? No wonder you're so cranky and frustrated. It must be really creepy there. I can see why you choose to do your cruising here.

What "wierd" model

First, if you're going to call others stupid, it's best to spellcheck.

As I explained in post #90, your graph of Arctic Ice levels in post #50 comes from a model from a Russian guy. In contrast, I posted the hard data on Arctic ice, data based on ice measurements instead of models.

The result? Your ran. But then, you always run, from everyone on every topic. And you're going to keep running here, since you won't want to explain why you embraced a model after screaming about the evils of models. So, I'll get to keep laughing. Ah, life is good.

And who exactly cares about temperatures in Greenland ? Looks like you, your faggy cat and about 17 other people!:flirtysmile4:

Of course it does...did you not read the articles...climate science says it is of great importance...the fact that you disregard what climate science says when it doesn't support your political beliefs is telling hairball.

So no answer? Just another logical fallacy. How unsurprising is that?

IAs I explained in post #90, your graph of Arctic Ice levels in post #50 comes from a model from a Russian guy. In contrast, I posted the hard data on Arctic ice, data based on ice measurements instead of models.

Some Russian guy? You don't think Russians are capable of producing valid science? I suggest that you look up Genrich Alekseev. He is very well published and well respected in the climate science community. That's the first time I have heard anyone attempt to disregard a scientist's work based on his nationality.

No hairball...the result is that once again I showed you just how stupid you are....same as always.

Once again you showed us that you are ignorant and dishonest.

Once again you showed us that you are ignorant and dishonest.

You libs are always accusing your opponents of being precisely like you...just because you are stupid and a congenital liar, doesn't mean that other people are...

Forum List

Back