Melbourne apartment fire forces large scale evacuation

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Hundreds of residents of an inner-city apartment building in Melbourne have been evacuated after fire broke out inside an apartment this morning.

The fire broke out shortly before 6am on the 16th storey of a high-rise building on the corner of Bourke and Spencer streets at the Docklands.

Multiple balconies appeared to be alight before firefighters brought the blaze under control.

One person was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.
Residents flee enormous tower blaze

I think this is happening now.

Hope everyone comes out of that apartment in Melbourne okay, Disir.

Have you seen the floods in Queensland? Some people have lost everything, and there are crocodiles roaming the streets.
No, I've been zeroed in on our little earthquake problem around the Alaskan coast, Northern California, and Puerto Rico/Dominican Republic today. Sorry to hear the crocodiles are out. They're hungry for human, are they? <gulp>
Sorry to hear it.

This is just unbelievable, but true. I just found out about the once-in-a-century floods online.

636396286022245482-Screen-Shot-2017-08-29-at-5.36.03-PM_1504059384675_10517610_ver1.0.jpg
01-townseville.jpg

We had floods like that last spring. Sorry the storm went down under. Aerial photos of "once in a century" flooding in Australia

Prayers up for those afflicted. :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back