Meister Has Left the Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's essential for mods to be non-biased. They can't put their own feelings into action.

They have the ability to cause so much trouble on a msg board. The have access nobody else has. They can read our PMs and spy on us if they wish. That's why it's important for folks like pixie and meister to have the job....because they've proven to be honest and fair.

Excuse me while I go and delete all my PM's.:redface:

So sorry to hear that Meister and PixeStix.
You will be sorely missed.
Meister, I hope you reconsider about posting,your knowledge and wisdom of old school really needs to be heard.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
People cycle in, they cycle out.

So long as we don't get someone batshit crazy...like Care or Artie, or shat, I'm good.

Last edited:
It's essential for mods to be non-biased. They can't put their own feelings into action.

They have the ability to cause so much trouble on a msg board. The have access nobody else has. They can read our PMs and spy on us if they wish. That's why it's important for folks like pixie and meister to have the job....because they've proven to be honest and fair.

Mod's cannot read PM's unless they are Reported, only Administrators can do that. Administrative Staff does Review controversial Decisions, that is Normal. Someone is responsible here for putting the Site at Risk. The fact that it is so close to the Election, makes it only more Pitiful.

I agree. We have a good set of mods here.... and Pix rocked as Admin. Never let friendship override the rules, was rational, humorous and rational. Meister was always even handed... it totally sucks that really good people get so pissed that they walk.... and that is on the heads of the assclowns.

Mod's cannot read PM's unless they are Reported, only Administrators can do that. Administrative Staff does Review controversial Decisions, that is Normal. Someone is responsible here for putting the Site at Risk. The fact that it is so close to the Election, makes it only more Pitiful.

Like I said....they can read them.

I was not aware of the distinction. Thanks for the info.

Newby, too. And, she's a female. :thup:

We should learn the lesson of board history. This place, without a decent Admin, does not function well... If this board goes back to that, I'm out.

I'm not out, but I agree with the highlighted portion. Highly used forum boards without strong administration yields moderation issues.

While the cat's away...

Were you around last time this happened? It was a clusterfuck. I don't waste my time in clusterfucked boards.

We should learn the lesson of board history. This place, without a decent Admin, does not function well... If this board goes back to that, I'm out.

I'm not out, but I agree with the highlighted portion. Highly used forum boards without strong administration yields moderation issues.

While the cat's away...

Were you around last time this happened? It was a clusterfuck. I don't waste my time in clusterfucked boards.

Well without moderation anyone can type what they like, basically a prison without the CO's and warden.

While the cat's away...

I just hope that some fair and decent working board administration is found. Moderators left unchecked is not a healthy thing on a highly used board.

I belong to some boards with thousands of active members posting daily.

Not "cannot". Are not SUPPOSED to.

There's a difference.

Cannot. Administrator Access is more in depth than Moderator Access. A Mod is not going to see a PM unless it is forwarded to them, as a Recipient, or it shows up on the Red Flag Thread, when It's Reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back