Meister Has Left the Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are some good people here who whould be great mods but they get in there and suddenly want to leave. What is going on?

Are the posters hard to handle? Good grief.

Obviously, I have not been a moderator here but I have on other boards and even worse I was a fantasy football commissioner for over 12 years. If it's anything like those experiences I can assure you it's a thankless job. You spend all your time dealing with whining and bitching. Everyone has a legitimate complaint now and again but usually there are a small handful that just never leave you alone and will raise all holy hell over the most minute little thing. It exhausts you after a while and one day you look at it and say "this isn't fun....why am I doing all this work for zero reward?" And that's pretty much the end of it.

Again, I don't know that that is the case here, but based on my prior experience in similar roles I would guess it's something along those lines.

It is at times Thankless.

Just letting everyone know that I will not be a moderator or a poster on this board any longer.

It has nothing to do with the way Pixie has run this board, as I think she has done a great job considering the way she was treated and talked about by several members of this board.

This board has become more about cliques and witchhunts than it has about the issues. It seems that several members want to dictate how this board is run and moderated, so, by all means step and and walk the walk.

Meister, I know nothing of the issues you discussed, but I do wish you well in all that you do. You will be missed and I hope you will reconsider. You are a genuine delight.

So is it against TOS to protest Mod and Admin decisions NOW?

Well, infract me!

Count me in. I'll wear that infraction badge with honor.

I still have an expired warning from Modbert on my user CP for politicizing a thread he used to talk about one of his favorite special interests.

I don't know if it will ever be removed.

It's just a reminder of what a jem he was when he was a mod.

there are some good people here who whould be great mods but they get in there and suddenly want to leave. What is going on?

Are the posters hard to handle? Good grief.

Obviously, I have not been a moderator here but I have on other boards and even worse I was a fantasy football commissioner for over 12 years. If it's anything like those experiences I can assure you it's a thankless job. You spend all your time dealing with whining and bitching. Everyone has a legitimate complaint now and again but usually there are a small handful that just never leave you alone and will raise all holy hell over the most minute little thing. It exhausts you after a while and one day you look at it and say "this isn't fun....why am I doing all this work for zero reward?" And that's pretty much the end of it.

Again, I don't know that that is the case here, but based on my prior experience in similar roles I would guess it's something along those lines.

Thanks Blue, it has to be pretty bad for all of them to quit witnin a relatively short time span. We've had some good mods for years and now they have no motivation to even visit the place.

So is it against TOS to protest Mod and Admin decisions NOW?

Well, infract me!

I still have an expired warning from Modbert on my user CP for politicizing a thread he used to talk about one of his favorite special interests.

Wow. I guess he couldn't express that personal view on the board.

Wow. I guess he couldn't express that personal view on the board.

He decided that the subject was untouchable.....so I illuminated the hypocrisy and he posted a warning on my User CP.

It's essential for mods to be non-biased. They can't put their own feelings into action.

They have the ability to cause so much trouble on a msg board. The have access nobody else has. They can read our PMs and spy on us if they wish. That's why it's important for folks like pixie and meister to have the job....because they've proven to be honest and fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back