Meister Has Left the Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only comment I have is don't let them force you out. If you want this site to become like other failed sites then your leaving will usher that in.

I've been on too many sites where liberals turned them into a total joke. Dishonest or over-reactive moderators can turn a decent web site into a place nobody wants to visit. Many of the libs here don't like the fact that there are rightwingers in great numbers. They're used to having at least a 3-1 advantage.

Btw, don't take this wrong.....but criticism goes with the job. Not that I don't sympathize with you in that area. A thick skin is essential......but having to put up with the constant crap takes all of the fun out of it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Just letting everyone know that I will not be a moderator or a poster on this board any longer.

It has nothing to do with the way Pixie has run this board, as I think she has done a great job considering the way she was treated and talked about by several members of this board.

This board has become more about cliques and witchhunts than it has about the issues. It seems that several members want to dictate how this board is run and moderated, so, by all means step and and walk the walk.

Meister..... It hits like a Punch in the gut, Brother. This is not a good day at USMB. It's clearly Our Loss.

there are some good people here who whould be great mods but they get in there and suddenly want to leave. What is going on?

Are the posters hard to handle? Good grief.

Obviously, I have not been a moderator here but I have on other boards and even worse I was a fantasy football commissioner for over 12 years. If it's anything like those experiences I can assure you it's a thankless job. You spend all your time dealing with whining and bitching. Everyone has a legitimate complaint now and again but usually there are a small handful that just never leave you alone and will raise all holy hell over the most minute little thing. It exhausts you after a while and one day you look at it and say "this isn't fun....why am I doing all this work for zero reward?" And that's pretty much the end of it.

Again, I don't know that that is the case here, but based on my prior experience in similar roles I would guess it's something along those lines.

Meister & Pixie to the forum. said:
We're making a few changes in our lives.

If you don't hear back from either of us, then you are one of those changes!

It's a sad day for me with regards to this forum, but I know both of you will have more time to deal with the things that matter in real life and which have been taken to the side while dealing with these forum internecine angst and issues.

See you there my friends. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOIo4lEpsPY&feature=related]James Taylor - Fire and Rain, Live 1970 - YouTube[/ame]
James Taylor - Fire and Rain, Live 1970

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv-0mmVnxPA]*[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back