MEGA BUSTED! NAACP Caught as the real racists while they lie about the Tea Party

Kind of, yes. She admitted having harbored racist thoughts, but ultimately (even back in those long-ago days) she seems to have not allowed her racial bitterness impede her from delivering on behalf of that white farmer.

Plus, as I noted before, I saw that white farmer himself express gratitude to the service he received from Ms. Sherrod, and he specifically denied that she was a racist. I figure if HE doesn't see what she did as having been anything racist, maybe I'm not justified in reaching any different conclusion.

If you are suggesting that maybe she did provide lesser effort to him (it is a bit unclear to me whether that ever happened), then all can say is, "Maybe. I don't know." Perhaps I'm missing something, though. Can you tell me what she did that she shouldn't have done or what she didn't do that she ought to have done?

As for the speech she gave, it seems to me that what she was saying was that it would be wrong to permit personal feelings of racial disaffection to interfere with her responsibilities. And that certainly seems like a truthful and noble sentiment.
No...I agree with you. I'm just dealing with someone in another thread who insists she committed a racist act. I think what you've posted makes perfect sense and pretty much follows my line of thinking.

:eek:

I understand that finding that you and I agree on something can be jarring. "Ah feel your pain." :lol:

But, hell, some things really do turn out to be uncomplicated. I confess it. I was right on the verge of rushing to judgment regarding Ms. Sherrod's speech. But then I saw a piece on NBC (I believe it was on the Today show). Ms. Sherrod was given a pretty full chance to speak her mind. The piece also provided a video clip of the very white farmer about whom she had spoken. HE, himself, defended her and credited her with having saved his farm. In that light, I went back to hear her speech again. It was at that point that I realized that she appears to have been the victim of being quoted very much out of context.

I'll go one step further. Anybody, like her, who may have harbored some racist sentiments in the past but who chose NOT to ACT on that sordid sentiment deserves some congratulations. The improper sentiments are not a good thing, but making a conscious choice to not permit those sentiments to dictate one's behavior is a very good thing. I think it takes a fair amount of personal insight to recognize a huge negative like that and then something even rarer to accept the burden of publicly admitting it. It takes guts, honesty and integrity.

And I'm still at a loss to see what she did OTHER THAN refuse to permit her racist feelings to dictate her actions.

Why are you buying this pap?

I have two words to say to this: Macaca and niggardly?

How many apologies were given for that, and were they given any "chances?" Were they given more context? Would anyone even HEAR their side?

Was the "full transcript" heard?

And the truth is she did say she discriminated against the white farmer.

No one made her say that. But now we are supposed to be oh so sorry, when the left has no such conscience when it comes to the people they try to destroy for a whole lot LESS.

You want the double standards to end, then the left are going to have to get bloodied by their own double standards.

As long as we have to prove we are "better" people, then we will always lose that battle.

No...I agree with you. I'm just dealing with someone in another thread who insists she committed a racist act. I think what you've posted makes perfect sense and pretty much follows my line of thinking.

:eek:

I understand that finding that you and I agree on something can be jarring. "Ah feel your pain." :lol:

But, hell, some things really do turn out to be uncomplicated. I confess it. I was right on the verge of rushing to judgment regarding Ms. Sherrod's speech. But then I saw a piece on NBC (I believe it was on the Today show). Ms. Sherrod was given a pretty full chance to speak her mind. The piece also provided a video clip of the very white farmer about whom she had spoken. HE, himself, defended her and credited her with having saved his farm. In that light, I went back to hear her speech again. It was at that point that I realized that she appears to have been the victim of being quoted very much out of context.

I'll go one step further. Anybody, like her, who may have harbored some racist sentiments in the past but who chose NOT to ACT on that sordid sentiment deserves some congratulations. The improper sentiments are not a good thing, but making a conscious choice to not permit those sentiments to dictate one's behavior is a very good thing. I think it takes a fair amount of personal insight to recognize a huge negative like that and then something even rarer to accept the burden of publicly admitting it. It takes guts, honesty and integrity.

And I'm still at a loss to see what she did OTHER THAN refuse to permit her racist feelings to dictate her actions.

Why are you buying this pap?

I don't see it as "pap." And I "buy" the fact that Ms. Sherrod was a victim of some reporting that was out of context because I did review the entire speech after seeing her interviewed and listening to the farmer in question.

I have two words to say to this: Macaca and niggardly?
The reaction to the maccaca line was also a bit of a rush to judgment (but even if he learned that word in his youth and never associated it with racist thinking, it did have racist roots). "Niggardly" is a different matter. It is a valid word devoid of racist meaning standing alone, but it unfortunately does sound (and look) like it has a direct racist meaning.

How many apologies were given for that, and were they given any "chances?" Were they given more context? Would anyone even HEAR their side?
What does that have to do with the treatment Ms. Sherrod got?

Was the "full transcript" heard?

Whose? When. I got more than enough from my review of the entire story with Ms. Sherrod to form my own opinion. IF you are saying that the Senator didn't get that benefit when he said "macaca" then I have to ask you: does the bias of liberal main stream media on matters of political issues surprise you?

And the truth is she did say she discriminated against the white farmer.

No. She said no such thing. Harboring racist thoughts is not acting on them. Her behavior is thus what matters. Show me how she acted on her racist feelings in a way that was unfair to the farmer who now publicly thanks her.

No one made her say that. But now we are supposed to be oh so sorry, when the left has no such conscience when it comes to the people they try to destroy for a whole lot LESS.
She never said she acted on her racist thinking at the time and there's no evidence that she did as far as I have seen. Tell me what she did, not what she said, that reflects official racist behavior.,

You want the double standards to end, then the left are going to have to get bloodied by their own double standards.

I'd love for double standards to come to an immediate end. But we don't end racism and double standards by treating Ms. Sherrod unfairly. I'm not clear what it is you are suggesting should be done.

As long as we have to prove we are "better" people, then we will always lose that battle.

We don't have to "prove" jack shit. But we also don't have to behave in a knee jerk reaction like the very racists we oppose, either.

Simply stated, it looks to me like you have presumed that Ms. Sherrod not only spoke of her long ago racist thinking but also improperly acted on that racism. I have yet to see evidence of that. And again, that farmer coming to her defense speaks volumes.

The Klan members in the tea party are fucking it up for normal conservative whites. This lady grew up in seriously racist south, to not fight back at all would be un American. but please grand wizards keep hijacking the tea bagger movement.

Liability that's the point!

Macaca, niggardly, Twana Brawley, Duke Lacrosse, the lying accusation the Tea Party called Rep Cartson an "N" word, and on and on and on.

They were ALL RUSHES TO JUDGEMENT.

And on fabricated or partial information.

In the case of Breitbart's video, he gave what he had. He obviously didn't have the full video and I find it interesting the full video didn't come out until AFTER Breitbart's release.

In other words, it's possible Breitbart was deliberately set up to take heat off of the NAACP lying about the Tea Party and getting caught lying (and it worked didn't it?)

Now, Breitbart is supposed to apologize, while the LIARS on the left are lionized????

Should Sherrod get her job back?

I dunno. Read the FULL transcript and you will see that her speech is not only about class envy but double talk about race.

It's not about race, it is about race, blah blah blah

American Rhetoric: Shirley Sherrod - Speech at the NAACP 20th Freedom Fund Banquet

I mean here is from the same speech of the woman who earlier in the speech claims it's not about race but being poor:

But then they started looking at the injustices that they faced and started then trying -- you know, the people with money -- you know, they started -- the...poor whites and poor blacks who were -- they -- you know, they married each other. They lived together. They were just like we would be. And they started looking at what was happening to them and decided we need to do something about it -- you know, about this. Well, the people with money, the elite, decided, "Hey, we need to do something here to divide them."

So that's when they made black people servants for life. That's when they put laws in place forbidding them to marry each other. That's when they created the racism that we know of today. They did it to keep us divided. And they -- it started working so well, they said, "Gosh, looks like we've come up on something here that can last generations." And here we are over 400 years later, and it's still working. What we have to do is get that out of our heads. There is no difference between us. The only difference is that the folks with money want to stay in power and, whether it's health care or whatever it is, they'll do what they need to do to keep that power, you know. It's always about money, y'all.

You know, I haven't seen such a mean-spirited people as I've seen lately over this issue of health care. Some of the racism we thought was buried. Didn't it surface? Now, we endured eight years of the Bush's and we didn't do the stuff these Republicans are doing because you have a black President.

So, she's not a racist, but all Republicans are racist. Yeah right!

The whole speech is nothing but class envy and race. I'd like to see ALL these liberals lose their job in the government.;)

But as for apologies.

Breitbart should apologize when we see apologies from the left, and they have a long list of apologies to make.

I do not know if this has been posted here yet. This was posted on youtube in April. It shows how racists are recieved at Tea Party events.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYfmShJe5MA]YouTube - Proof That The TEA Party IS NOT Racist![/ame]

From what I've been hearing, he has more videos.
this should get real interesting.
the difference with Breitbart and the Naacp, Breitbart has video PROOF, the Naacp just used hearsay from SOME people and they presented that, AS PROOF.

Well the NAACP keeps saying it's true, but when they have to fabricate the evidence, and all we have to do is show actual videos of NAACP meetings, I think you see who wins that argument.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm just reading this thread for the first time and I have to laugh at the CON$ making complete fools of themselves for the first 10 pages before the whole video was posted. The two above have to be the funniest since the Bigotbart clip was dishonestly edited to make the NAACP look racist. :rofl:

The Klan members in the tea party are fucking it up for normal conservative whites. This lady grew up in seriously racist south, to not fight back at all would be un American. but please grand wizards keep hijacking the tea bagger movement.

"To not fight back"? So, one person's discrimination makes another's okay? And how did the white farmer discriminate against her, anyway?

Oh, hey, how's that "Klan" meme working out? Doesn't look like it's getting much traction.

LOL, this tape showed just what the Naacp is all about. The are a RACIST ORGINIZATION

The American people saw it and will make up their own minds.

Of course now the leftest is trying to defect on all this by blaming Fox News and Andrew Breitbart, the same thing they did with Acorn.

But it's too late to put the ole Naacp isn't RACIST HORSE back in the barn.

good show for Andrew Breitbart.
Yep, it is always the black people's fault, isn't it Stephanie. No mention of your glee all day yesterday at "exposing" Ms. Sherrod as a racist.

The story was all about Sherrod describing her, essentially, racist attitudes and response and how she learned, through those events that she was wrong in her thinking.

The thing that exposes the NAACP members in the audience as being racist is that they did not know how Sherrod's story was going to end, but they were laughing and whooping it up as she described how she "didn't do all that it was in her power to do" and how she "left the farmer to 'his own people' to take care of him."

Regardless of what Sherrod is or was, the salient part of the story is about NAACP being in a glass house and throwing stones at the tea party. So, now their membership is shown to be tolerating, nay reveling in racism.
I picked this post to show just how thoroughly brainwashed CON$ are.

Even after the whole video was posted and watched, the poster parrots the lies of Bigotbart even though the audience was SILENT during the quotes posted. The poster is so easily suggestible that even after seeing the whole video he STILL swallows everything Bigotbart says and even regurgitates Bigotbart's glass houses line. :cuckoo:

Seeing some of the uber libs here desperately trying to keep the fires stoked is pretty illuminating.

Edthesickdick is desperately still trying to preserve the dishonesty of the liberal race-baiters. The dishonesty from so many of that kind of lib is telling.

There was an element of racism in Ms. sherrod's speech (albeit one referencing some feelings she had over 20 years ago). Yet tools like edthesickdick try mightily to deny it. The NAACP did react before the "pay-off" thus revealing SOME residual feelings of racism even from a group otherwise dedicated to rooting racism out of our society. Breitbart did post edited tapes which, collectively, put the NAACP in an even worse light than the facts actually justified, but that doesn't serve as a valid basis to fully acquit the NAACP. The NAACP and our President DID rush to judgment.

Denying these things is silly. But some libs love to wallow in their old slogans even when they are no longer valid or even justifiable.

The story was all about Sherrod describing her, essentially, racist attitudes and response and how she learned, through those events that she was wrong in her thinking.

The thing that exposes the NAACP members in the audience as being racist is that they did not know how Sherrod's story was going to end, but they were laughing and whooping it up as she described how she "didn't do all that it was in her power to do" and how she "left the farmer to 'his own people' to take care of him."

Regardless of what Sherrod is or was, the salient part of the story is about NAACP being in a glass house and throwing stones at the tea party. So, now their membership is shown to be tolerating, nay reveling in racism.
Actually, they knew how the story was going to end because she set it up by explaining it was a story about how her attitude changed. But nice try!

I take it you never bothered to watch the entire video and are making claims based on your own prejudices and generalizations.

But, but, but - the laughing and clapping came BEFORE the ending that was clipped.... Did they read her speech before they came in? Yeah - that must've been it. :cool:
Again even after having seen the whole video and after Ravi posted the transcript, the brainwashed still parrot Bigotbart and HanNITWITy who said there was no way for the audience to know "there was going to be a point of redemption."

American Rhetoric: Shirley Sherrod - Speech at the NAACP 20th Freedom Fund Banquet

But when I...made the commitment years ago I didn't know how -- I didn't...I prayed about it that night and as our house filled with people I was back in one of the bedrooms praying and asking God to show me what I could do. I didn't have -- the path wasn't laid out that night. I just made the decision that I would stay and work. And -- And over the years things just happened.

And young people: I just want you to know that when you're true to what God wants you to do the path just opens up -- and things just come to you, you know. God is good -- I can tell you that.

When I made that commitment, I was making that commitment to black people -- and to black people only. But, you know, God will show you things and He'll put things in your path so that -- that you realizethat the struggle is really about poor people, you know.

The first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm, he -- he took a long time talking, but he was trying to show me he was superior to me. I know what he was doing. But he had come to me for help. What he didn't know -- while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me -- was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him.

Just to remind you what Bigotbart and HanNITWITY said after showing the FOX edited clip from the whole NAACP video.

Andrew Breitbart on 'Hannity': 'This Is Not About Shirley Sherrod' - Hannity - FOXNews.com

BREITBART: And what this video shows and what the NAACP affirms in their initial rebuke is not just that Shirley Sherrod, what she said was wrong, but that the audience was laughing and applauding as she described how she maltreated the white farmer.

HANNITY: Before she gets to the end of the story which is — which she's claiming puts context. But there's a —

(CROSSTALK)

BREITBART: Did the people in the audience know that there was going to be a point of redemption?

HANNITY: No.
[/QUOTE]

TPS and Stephanie creaming themselves over the racist Sherrod and what a hero Breitbart is at the beginning of this thread is hilarious.

I do not know if this has been posted here yet. This was posted on youtube in April. It shows how racists are recieved at Tea Party events.

YouTube - Proof That The TEA Party IS NOT Racist!
That performance was obviously STAGED by the teabaggers to pretend they don't tolerate hateful bigots AFTER their open acceptance of hate mongers was exposed.

Here is how the teabaggers really treat hate mongers. Not only was the guy with the Obama swastika tolerated throughout the speeches right up in front for everyone to see, after the speeches were over Malkin poses for a picture with him.

3288761864_51c8fb75752.jpg

That's noted right-wing shill Michelle Malkin posing with who we've dubbed "Swastika Guy," owing to the sign he carried right onto the stage with State Senator Josh Penry, Congressman Mike Coffman, Colorado GOP Chairman Dick Wadhams, State Senator Dave Schultheis, former Congressman Tom Tancredo, and Independence Institute president Jon Caldara, among others. None of whom did anything about it, and in fact one person defended the guy to one of our people saying that the swastika is not a Nazi symbol, but an honored Native American symbol.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7GZtKY5XR0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Right Wing Anti-Stimulus Rally in Colorado[/ame]

Actually...the swastika is an old Indian symbol. I've seen it a lot.

Just saying.

What am I supposed to look for in that youtube clip? Because I am not going to watch the whole thing.

TPS and Stephanie creaming themselves over the racist Sherrod and what a hero Breitbart is at the beginning of this thread is hilarious.

LOL, and you all creaming yourselves to make this radical racist bigoted woman a hero, is a sight for sore eyes.

What am I supposed to look for in that youtube clip? Because I am not going to watch the whole thing.
You mean you don't want to listen to the stirring inspirational speeches of the teabaggers? :lol:

If you start at the 17 minute mark you can see him standing right up front on the left in plain sight with the speakers, unmolested the whole time and at the end of the video Malkin poses for a picture with him rather than booting him off the stage.

Forum List

Back