Meet the team leader who gets to destroy Dahl's books

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
But ready for something that probably won't shock you at all? The project manager in charge of the movement to bowdlerize some of the British author's most cherished works was a woman named Jo Ross-Barrett, who describes herself as a "non-binary, asexual, polyamorous relationship anarchist who is on the autism spectrum," and, of course, she uses "they/them" pronouns.

Since leading the charge to pansify Dahl's books, Ross-Barrett has taken a break from her position in charge of the Inclusive Minds "sensitivity team" to become a professional in the oh-so-trendy field of, you guessed it, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Consulting.

On her website, she lists her areas of expertise as "autism, aromantic- and asexual-spectrum topics, the bi umbrella, children's books, illustration, interactive narratives, intersectional feminism, mental health, non-binary gender, relationship education, sex and puberty education."
Read the rest .....but have barf bucket ready

this is what happens when you give deranged retards any sort of power

sggshshsgsggs.jpg

whhwhahhahahahah.jpg

People need to find real reasons to live.

If they'd put half the energy into volunteering at a homeless shelter or an animal shelter or for a program that battles human trafficking as they put into this identity charade, the world would be a better place and they'd still get their SJW brownie points.

Um, okay, Given that Dahl was a generally unpleasant person and an anti-Semite, why are we exposing his books to children?

Let's be honest, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory should be retitled "Child Endangerment" and end with OSHA closing Wonka's factory down for slave labor and unsafe practices.

Not that you should ever publicly dare say it , but --------

losing the whole bunch of them would be such a tragedy and so unfair .
In fact , absurdly discriminatory and judgmental .

As for the" it" leader . We have all met them -- are they a clone sub species programmed for uniforms , looks and style ?

Oh Luiza , you are a horrible woman
Yes .

Changing someones book doesn't make it the creators work any longer.

It does sell a lot of books. Now I want to go and buy all of Dahl's work that I can get my hands on, before they destroy it.

Someone has to keep literature alive while we wait out the time clock, until it's time to get these lunatics committed and deprogrammed.

Can't tell you how many books I've bought in the last few years for this reason.

Fahrenheit 451, baby.

Um, okay, Given that Dahl was a generally unpleasant person and an anti-Semite, why are we exposing his books to children?

Let's be honest, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory should be retitled "Child Endangerment" and end with OSHA closing Wonka's factory down for slave labor and unsafe practices.
I bet you’re fun at parties

If I'm being honest........you're an idiot.

I'm a blast at parties.

It's still an awful book, written by an awful man.
Oh nigga please

Just because his masculinity, bravery ,ingenuity, and god given talent offends your feminine sensitivities that doesn't or rather didnt make him a bad person..

Also
Go write a fan letter to the retarded commie fat pig whore ruining his books ...she's stunning n brave !
Shell save countless retards from being fake offended and unsafe

Now you can go back to your blog censorship thread and see if your fake outrage jives with this thread

So don’t read his books.

I don’t recall any misogyny or racism, unless you mean those little orange guys. And that’s a stretch to call it “racist”.

Your lack of knowledge isn't my problem.

His racist and misogyny is a matter of record. His family has even apologized for it.

So the question is, do change a story to make it more palatable to modern audiences? We've been doing that for years. Disney is notorious for taking works from the public domain and giving them "Happy endings". But it goes much futher than that.

Take the story of Little Red Riding Hood. In the original version of the story, the wolf just straight up eats her after tricking her into eating her grandmother's flesh and getting naked. That was probably appropriate for a story in the Middle Ages, where the moral was don't talk to strangers in the woods, but it was considered a bit too harsh for modern audiences, so it was changed to "She gets swallowed, but is rescued by a friendly woodsman!"

But ready for something that probably won't shock you at all? The project manager in charge of the movement to bowdlerize some of the British author's most cherished works was a woman named Jo Ross-Barrett, who describes herself as a "non-binary, asexual, polyamorous relationship anarchist who is on the autism spectrum," and, of course, she uses "they/them" pronouns.

Since leading the charge to pansify Dahl's books, Ross-Barrett has taken a break from her position in charge of the Inclusive Minds "sensitivity team" to become a professional in the oh-so-trendy field of, you guessed it, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Consulting.

On her website, she lists her areas of expertise as "autism, aromantic- and asexual-spectrum topics, the bi umbrella, children's books, illustration, interactive narratives, intersectional feminism, mental health, non-binary gender, relationship education, sex and puberty education."
Read the rest .....but have barf bucket ready

this is what happens when you give deranged retards any sort of power

View attachment 762072
View attachment 762071
Mengele would have Aktion T-4'd every one of them

His racist and misogyny is a matter of record. His family has even apologized for it.

So the question is, do change a story to make it more palatable to modern audiences? We've been doing that for years. Disney is notorious for taking works from the public domain and giving them "Happy endings". But it goes much futher than that.

Take the story of Little Red Riding Hood. In the original version of the story, the wolf just straight up eats her after tricking her into eating her grandmother's flesh and getting naked. That was probably appropriate for a story in the Middle Ages, where the moral was don't talk to strangers in the woods, but it was considered a bit too harsh for modern audiences, so it was changed to "She gets swallowed, but is rescued by a friendly woodsman!"
So what if Dahl was racist and sexist? His books are still classics. A lot of writers and actors are probably assholes. Doesn’t mean changing his work is justified.

And you’re comparing an oral-tradition story from the Middle Ages to an actual book written in most of our lifetimes. Apples and oranges.

So the Big Bad Wolf was a demoncrat. Interesting.

So what if Dahl was racist and sexist? His books are still classics. A lot of writers and actors are probably assholes. Doesn’t mean changing his work is justified.

And you’re comparing an oral-tradition story from the Middle Ages to an actual book written in most of our lifetimes. Apples and oranges.

Is it, though?

So let's take Chocolate Factory, where the fat kid is made the butt of a lot of jokes, and kids use that to shame the overweight kid in their class. So they try to rewrite it so there is less fat shaming.

There's a whole series of cartoons made by Warner Brothers and Disney, which will not see general broadcast or distribution. Disney also massively re-edited the movie Fantasia to remove a character who was a racist stereotype.

So what

Ya know dahl was adamant about publishers not changing a damn word he ever wrote ...at times he was pretty nasty about it .

God they can't booster shot or starve you fucking Nazi subhuman rats to death fast enough for me

Then he shouldn't have left his works to an estate that went along with updating them.

God they can't booster shot or starve you fucking Nazi subhuman rats to death fast enough for me
Yeah, buddy, you don't have issues.

Forum List

Back