Meet the Press

Indeed, the Tulsa Massacre is much in the news lately.

Deservedly so. Long time coming.

As I've read and watched various accounts of that deplorable day two things have stuck with me:

1. The astonishing revelation that students of the Tulsa school system ...be they now in their 50's or 30's or today's teenagers.....had never been taught about that day. Reported interviews stated that most had never ever heard of it. And they lived in Tulsa!!
That absolutely amazes me.

2. And then second, that some news outlets are devoting airtime, or page space brings to mind today's Jewish mantra about the Holocaust-----"Never forget".

I am persuaded that the focus on those events, their costs and ramifications must be revealed, spoken about. and taught. And not forgotten.

It is right and just to do so. And it is time.

IMHO

Last edited:
The Tulsa massacre proves that the US government can wipe out an entire city and the world would be none the wiser.
Except it wasn't the gov't, it was White racists, a group no longer in control of the country.
A women still living says she wants justice before leaving this world.

I suggest that she seek reparations from the democrat party that fought to keep slavery, created Jim Crow, and created the KKK.

Sounds just to me.

She also should sue CNN, just because.
Blacks owned property in Tulsa, what happened to it after the massacre. The original owners certainly are due what they lost from those that gained from their misfortune
As soon as the black community in S. Central LA pays reparations to the Korean businesses that the looted and burned during the Rodney King debacle, maybe you can consider recompense. Black riots during the last 100 years and Affirmative Action have more than paid back any losses from Tulsa. Cry me a river.
So two wrongs make a right. Got it.

I happened to flip through the channels today and saw Meet the Press. What did relevant news story where they talking about? That's right, a story that happened in 1921 known as the Tulsa Massacre. Blacks were attacked due to racial tensions you can read about in Wiki.

That's right everyone, that is the relevant topic for today. The story was presented by a movement dedicated to focusing in on the slavery and racial oppression that happened centuries ago, while ignoring the fact that there are more slaves in the world today than at any other time in human history. After all, who cares about suffering today when we can focus on suffering of the past in order to work up enough people to lash out at others with racial ill feelings towards people based on what their long dead forefathers did?

That's Chuck Todd for you. He's a race baiting POS. I quit watching that propaganda outlet a couple years ago along with anything else that the big four put out.

Oh, yes!

In the 20th century (I am 84), I used to religiously watch "Meet the Press" and "Face the Nation."

In this new century, especially since the 2008 presidential election, I simply stopped watching those two programs because they became so politically correct.

It was nice when the moderators were actually neutral and treated ALL the guests in a respectful and friendly manner.

Those days are far gone and have been replaced by the bitterness and viciousness of the division between so-called conservatives & so-called liberals.
I remember those days--Sixty Minutes was worth watching in those days as well. Objective journalism is dead. These people who read the fiction on the national news wouldn't know a true journalist if they bit them in the ass. These are not what the founders were talking about when they wrote the first amendment.
Oh, yes!

I forget about "60 Minutes," for I have long stopped watching it since it no longer practices impartial and courageous journalism. Like all network (and, of course, cable) "news" outlets, "60 Minutes" is advocacy, not actual investigative reporting.

Last edited:
The Tulsa massacre is currently relevant for the fact that it was so completely swept under the rug like most of America's actual history. It's never too late to come to terms with the past.
What does that even mean, in real terms? Aside from a very few survivors, none of us had anything to do with it. What exactly am I supposed to come to terms with? That bad people do bad things? Why should I care one way or another? I had nothing to do with it, nobody in my family history had anything to do with it, only a select few people in Tulsa had something to do with it and they are all dead. I fail to see the point in this push to remember not to do things we or our ancestors never did in the first place.
The point of Democratic Party's relentless drum beat of racist demagoguery is to make people feel ashamed and then for them to submit to their Radical and Racist "Progressives" policies.
That is why the Democrats are forcing their "critical race theory" on easy targets >>>> your children.

The Tulsa massacre is currently relevant for the fact that it was so completely swept under the rug like most of America's actual history. It's never too late to come to terms with the past.
Democrats will never come to terms with their racist kkk Tulsa massacre past. Did you read the article? Democrats are STILL enabling slavery today.
Democrats came to terms with all that when it became clear that racist scumbags like the KKK and the other confederate/nazi enthusiasts had no place in the party. They damned sure found a warm welcome with the republican party though. Now republicans have to come to terms with the legacy that all these people represent.
When did Democrats drum Robert Byrd out of the party?

I happened to flip through the channels today and saw Meet the Press. What did relevant news story where they talking about? That's right, a story that happened in 1921 known as the Tulsa Massacre. Blacks were attacked due to racial tensions you can read about in Wiki.

That's right everyone, that is the relevant topic for today. The story was presented by a movement dedicated to focusing in on the slavery and racial oppression that happened centuries ago, while ignoring the fact that there are more slaves in the world today than at any other time in human history. After all, who cares about suffering today when we can focus on suffering of the past in order to work up enough people to lash out at others with racial ill feelings towards people based on what their long dead forefathers did?

It's am episode that every Republican should be embarrassed about. Yes, it was republicans who did the slaughtering, without doubt. The same biggest racist at the time.
You can rant about a waste of time but it should be raised every year to remind people the type republicans are.

It's am episode that every Republican should be embarrassed about. Yes, it was republicans who did the slaughtering, without doubt. The same biggest racist at the time.
You can rant about a waste of time but it should be raised every year to remind people the type republicans are.
Your hatred of republicans borders on obsession certainly not rational thought. You are holding millions of people responsible for a riot that happened 100 years ago in a town of 100K people. You can blow anything you want out of context, like slavery and every other wrong the black race has endured, I am not involved, my ancestors were not involved, so take YOUR problems down the road--I'm not interested.

Your hatred of republicans borders on obsession certainly not rational thought. You are holding millions of people responsible for a riot that happened 100 years ago in a town of 100K people. You can blow anything you want out of context, like slavery and every other wrong the black race has endured, I am not involved, my ancestors were not involved, so take YOUR problems down the road--I'm not interested.

Oh the irony. When you talk about hatred, republicans are of Olympic standards.

It was a Republican your party performed slaughter for no reason and is branded the culprit and nothing you say will change it.
But you never forget how Clinton had episode with a girl and you cant forget that though. You're hypocrisy is breathtaking. Let it drop. It's over and you're involved by supporting the very same party.

It was a Republican your party performed slaughter for no reason and is branded the culprit and nothing you say will change it.
But you never forget how Clinton had episode with a girl and you cant forget that though. You're hypocrisy is breathtaking. Let it drop. It's over and you're involved by supporting the very same party.
Sorry dude, you're misinformed. Democrats are the party of KKK--check out Robert Byrd. Republicans are the party of Lincoln--you can check that out too. You also are welcome to check out where I said anything about Clinton. Fail again. Anything else?

Sorry dude, you're misinformed. Democrats are the party of KKK--check out Robert Byrd. Republicans are the party of Lincoln--you can check that out too. You also are welcome to check out where I said anything about Clinton. Fail again. Anything else?
Trump embraced the KKK after that Republican smashed into the people with the car. Remember this "good people on both sides" for which he had to clarify after the press remi did him.
It's not about what you said. It's about how a misdeamour by a Democrat is never forgotten but we are expected to not mention about Republican atrocities.
You hypocrite.

Trump embraced the KKK after that Republican smashed into the people with the car. Remember this "good people on both sides" for which he had to clarify after the press remi did him.
It's not about what you said. It's about how a misdeamour by a Democrat is never forgotten but we are expected to not mention about Republican atrocities.
You hypocrite.

That is not what Trump said, and you damned well know it!

You hypocrite.

You hypocrite.

Probably not word for word but here is what was said and I accept your apology.
Before you blurt your ignorant defense of trump, check you facts.

You hypocrite.

You hypocrite.

Maybe you should quit linking opinion pieces as fact. YOUR apology is accepted.

You hypocrite.

You hypocrite.

What was that you were mumbling?
Not so smart now boy.

You hypocrite.

You hypocrite.

Maybe you should quit linking opinion pieces as fact. YOUR apology is accepted.

It's not my opinion dickhead. I linked what he said. If you can't accept your Lord and savior is a liar, that's not my fault. Suck it up.

Interesting how that Tulsa massacre was a Democrat/kkk thing, and how a hundred years later it is still democrats who promote slavery.
Clown, do you really think that the Dem party of 100 years ago is the same party of today, you asswipe?

Interesting how that Tulsa massacre was a Democrat/kkk thing, and how a hundred years later it is still democrats who promote slavery.
Clown, do you really think that the Dem party of 100 years ago is the same party of today, you asswipe?

Are you suggesting the Republican party isn't? Dickhead.
Nope. But after all they have turned into a bunch of Trump lackeys in servitude to an ex game show host who fucked that up because he couldn't even follow a script, the poor thing.

Forum List

Back