Medical marijuana

Catch up... the term 'domestic engineer' has been around for years & means exactly what I said it means. And no one 'required' me to stay home. If I didn't want to, I wouldn't have. but WE both believed ONE parent should be home when the youngin' was small & since my earning power wasn't as great as my husband, it was for ECONOMICAL reasons that it was me who stayed home & not him. Since then, it has been my choice, but I can go out into the workforce anytime I want to. It's better this way & it frees up my husband from doing a lot of little day to day details that need taking care of.

Engineers are getting much mire protective of that term these days. Its actually one of only three professions,with a degree and testing requirement to use in the US. Doctors abd Lawyers are the other two.

My wife and I believe that the one parent who should be home is the mother in 100% of situations. Youre right that it generally frees up the husband from having to deal with little details that are really part of maintaining the household rather than the home itself. My wife couldnt work even if she wanted to. Lack of a high school diploma and drivers license will do that to you.

I don't doubt that for a second, & it answers what I already figured as much.

When I was a kid my friends and I would play football, have sex with cheerleaders and smoke marijuana. Almost every day. That's the trifecta of favorite activities when we were teenagers. We didn't smoke dope to cure illnesses. We smoked it to get high.

Medical reasons? There is probably some thereputic reasons for toking a doobie, such as particular illnesses that create lack of appetite symptom. Obviously, marijuna use can give people the munchies, thus solving that problem. Especially patients suffering from Aquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or digestive problems.

I don't see why it would be any different today. As I aged I stopped smoking the stuff for some reason. It just didn't affect me the same way. Either the marijuana changed, or perhaps I did, or maybe a combination of factors.

What ever happened to Columbian gold? It appears that currently there isn't any of that around anymore. It's all Sensimilia or dirt weed.

You may be interested to kbow that both are her choice. I've offered to assist her in getting her GED and her license. She's not interested as neither would really change her lifestyle much.

You may be interested to kbow that both are her choice. I've offered to assist her in getting her GED and her license. She's not interested as neither would really change her lifestyle much.

Well, then she will be on welfare if something happens to you & that doesn't last forever. She will have to get a job to earn her own keep.

it is a federal crime

The Feds aren't going after business' in the states where it's declared legal & they also have lifted the 'illegality status' on reservations.

what gives the federal government the authority to simply "lift" enforcing law

and if that is good for the goose

why is bad for the gander to do the same

Because there has to be an end decision, & the Feds will always have power over individual States. That's why we are the UNITED States... not the' 50 States that share borders with each other.' The feds should have as little authority as possible for Indian reservations anyway, since they are Sovereign Nations. As for marijuana, it's illegality has more to do with anti-immigrant sentiment than it ever did about it's 'dangers'. Do some research into it's history.

the federal government is to uphold whatever is the law

in fact officals take an oath promising to do so

they have no authority to simply change or ignore federal law

Even on the local PD level, there is a certain amount of discretion. Do you think prisons that are overcrowded as is, should house people with simple pot possession as they do with a rapist or murderer?

i understand it is way above your reasoning

so we will leave it at that

The Feds aren't going after business' in the states where it's declared legal & they also have lifted the 'illegality status' on reservations.

Because there has to be an end decision, & the Feds will always have power over individual States. That's why we are the UNITED States... not the' 50 States that share borders with each other.' The feds should have as little authority as possible for Indian reservations anyway, since they are Sovereign Nations. As for marijuana, it's illegality has more to do with anti-immigrant sentiment than it ever did about it's 'dangers'. Do some research into it's history.

Even on the local PD level, there is a certain amount of discretion. Do you think prisons that are overcrowded as is, should house people with simple pot possession as they do with a rapist or murderer?

Actually it is not. But you didn't answer my question so we'll leave it at THAT.

Actually it is not. But you didn't answer my question so we'll leave it at THAT.

actually it is above your head and out of your reach

so claim the last post

--LOL

actually it is above your head and out of your reach

so claim the last post

--LOL

Like I said, they are using discretion in their pursuit of "offenders".

http://www.justice.gov/iso/opa/resources/3052013829132756857467.pdf

What do you think about medical marijuana?

I don't believe there is any medical need for marijuana that cannot be covered by other medications. Therefore no need exists for medical marijuana.

Yes, man made chemicals are always better than what occurs naturally in nature for the same ailments.
Yep. Almost always.

You can find atropine, opium, quinine, willow bark and cocaine in nature.

Man made analogs are much better and less toxic in all cases.

Well, then she will be on welfare if something happens to you & that doesn't last forever. She will have to get a job to earn her own keep.

She's already Permanently Disabled per the Social Security Administration so working is not likely. She would move back in with her parents or her brother and have a nice nest egg from my life insurance.

I don't believe there is any medical need for marijuana that cannot be covered by other medications. Therefore no need exists for medical marijuana.

Yes, man made chemicals are always better than what occurs naturally in nature for the same ailments.
Yep. Almost always.

And I didn't say ALL natural remedies were better, did I? but the poster I responded too eleded that ALL man made drugs were superior than something found in nature. If you thought I was talking about those kinds of chemicals you described, you are seriously mistaken. I was talking about benign treatments like those practiced in Chinese herbal medicine or what the indigenous peoples of South America use.

I think a little a little pot brownie would have been much better for pregnant women with morning sickness than taking Thalidomide, don't you?

LOL.

Last edited:

She's already Permanently Disabled per the Social Security Administration so working is not likely. She would move back in with her parents or her brother and have a nice nest egg from my life insurance.

Well, good luck to the both of you & seems like you found what you were looking for, but if she is "permanently disabled", do you think having kids is a good idea? (I may or may not have read that correctly from you).

I don't really want an answer, but it's worth thinking about.

Did
What do you think about medical marijuana? Don't you think it's strange that it's getting legalized everywhere since recently? Some years ago potheads were laughing at and now it is completely okay to smoke weed almost everywhere. Sure thing it can be used for medical purposes but it seems like things are going way too fast. It can cause schizophrenia and make people addicted in no time.
Maybe it's too early to legalize it? A question to pot smokers: how has marijuana improved your life?
Did you just watch refer madness? Pot causes schizophrenia? I didn't know that.

We've been smoking pot for hundreds of years. It should never have been made illegal. It's not addicting.

Is a person better off not smoking? Sure but cigarettes are worse so why ban pot and not cigs?

How does alcohol improve your life? It makes you feel good when you want to feel good.

You don't know the truth about pot.

The government is dumb. If they let Marlboro sell 20 joints for $20 it would shut guys like me down. Hundreds of thousands of us sell pot and millions buy and uncle same not getting his cut.

Well, good luck to the both of you & seems like you found what you were looking for, but if she is "permanently disabled", do you think having kids is a good idea? (I may or may not have read that correctly from you).

She is disabled due to PTSD issues, not physical ones. With her medication and therapy she lives a relatively average life.

She is disabled due to PTSD issues, not physical ones. With her medication and therapy she lives a relatively average life.

M'k.

Yep. Almost always.

And I didn't say ALL natural remedies were better, did I? but the poster I responded too eleded that ALL man made drugs were superior than something found in nature. If you thought I was talking about those kinds of chemicals you described, you are seriously mistaken. I was talking about benign treatments like those practiced in Chinese herbal medicine or what the indigenous peoples of South America use.

I think a little a little pot brownie would have been much better for pregnant women with morning sickness than taking Thalidomide, don't you?

LOL.

I don't know specifically to what substances you are referring, but I'm guessing the vast majority of those also have a poor benefit to risk ratio.

And your analogy is not a good one. I can think of any number of naturally occurring compounds that are more toxic than thalidomide. And for certain disorders, thalidomide is vastly superior to pot brownies.

Yep. Almost always.

LOL.

I don't know specifically to what substances you are referring, but I'm guessing the vast majority of those also have a poor benefit to risk ratio.

And your analogy is not a good one. I can think of any number of naturally occurring compounds that are more toxic than thalidomide. And for certain disorders, thalidomide is vastly superior to pot brownies.

Actually the Chinese have survived forever & the South American peoples who have not been exposed to 'modern man' have gotten along quite nicely & also have survived without the need for 'better living thru chemistry'. A lot of medicines first came about using plants from the rain forest, but have fallen by the wayside for cheaper, easily obtained substances made in the lab- thus raising the profit factor for those drug companies.

Well, perhaps in the case of leprosy, you are correct about the use of thalidomide... but not for a far more common ailment of morning sickness AS i have stated. If cannibinol, the active compound in marijuana, had no medicinal value- the US Government wouldn't bother holding a patent on it, now would they? the FDA & big Pharma are in bed together & there's a reason why it's not being marketed... ie...not as much profit to be made.

Yep. Almost always.

LOL.

Actually the Chinese have survived forever & the South American peoples who have not been exposed to 'modern man' have gotten along quite nicely & also have survived without the need for 'better living thru chemistry'. A lot of medicines first came about using plants from the rain forest, but have fallen by the wayside for cheaper, easily obtained substances made in the lab- thus raising the profit factor for those drug companies.

Well, perhaps in the case of leprosy, you are correct about the use of thalidomide... but not for a far more common ailment of morning sickness AS i have stated. If cannibinol, the active compound in marijuana, had no medicinal value- the US Government wouldn't bother holding a patent on it, now would they? the FDA & big Pharma are in bed together & there's a reason why it's not being marketed... ie...not as much profit to be made.

The Chinese have shorter lifespans than Americans. Not sure any of them have lasted 'forever'.

The South Americans who have not been exposed to modern man also have quite short lifespans.

Again, the drugs that are in plants are vastly improved by a bit of medicinal chemistry, boosting both their efficacy and lessening their toxicity. Nature generally doesnt place compounds in plants to make you feel better... they are usually in there to discourage you (or more likely, other thngs) from eating them.

Cannabinol may have medicinal value. The only way to know is to do extensive studies. Anecdotes are suggestive, but not that helpful, especially if you want to compare it to rigorously tested modern drugs.

Yep, The profit motive for looking at THC is minimal, and we probably wont get real extensive data for a lot of things. But the absence of evidence is not evidence. And history tells us that there are lots of nasty surprises when you use drugs without extensive studies.

Yep. Almost always.

LOL.

The Chinese have shorter lifespans than Americans. Not sure any of them have lasted 'forever'.

The South Americans who have not been exposed to modern man also have quite short lifespans.

Again, the drugs that are in plants are vastly improved by a bit of medicinal chemistry, boosting both their efficacy and lessening their toxicity. Nature generally doesnt place compounds in plants to make you feel better... they are usually in there to discourage you (or more likely, other thngs) from eating them.

Cannabinol may have medicinal value. The only way to know is to do extensive studies. Anecdotes are suggestive, but not that helpful, especially if you want to compare it to rigorously tested modern drugs.

Yep, The profit motive for looking at THC is minimal, and we probably wont get real extensive data for a lot of things. But the absence of evidence is not evidence. And history tells us that there are lots of nasty surprises when you use drugs without extensive studies.
They've been studying marijuana for nearly a century, (if not longer). It's the most "studied" drug in the world. Problem is, the only goals they have had until recently were to find something WRONG with it. NOW they are finding that it has many beneficial uses. Oops!

Cannabis reduces tumor growth in study

Yep. Almost always.

LOL.

They've been studying marijuana for nearly a century, (if not longer). It's the most "studied" drug in the world. Problem is, the only goals they have had until recently were to find something WRONG with it. NOW they are finding that it has many beneficial uses. Oops!

Cannabis reduces tumor growth in study

Not really. Just seeing how patients do on a drug isnt really rigorously 'studying it' and its not even close to being the 'most studied drug in the world' since most medical research on the drug has been banned for the last fifty years or so. It used to be very, very hard to do any type of study using marijuana. Now its just very hard- its still a federal Schedule 1 drug, you know.

And I wouldnt get real excited about tumor growth reductions. Those studies tend to be pretty specific about concentrations and specific compounds - what they really do is define the roles of certain receptors in tumor growth, which can be helpful.

Forum List

Back