Media ridicules "pay-go" rhetoric

Every one of those examples have a high level of injury attached to them. Injuries that are unessessary, but injuries just the same. They will need to be paying more taxes. Prime examples that he gave.

Swimming has a high level of injury attached to it? :lol:
Eh, yes it does...there is a risk of broken back from diving, coma from lack of oxygen...Never been a surfer, huh? Knarly, dude.

Swimming isn't the same thing as surfing. Care to give me the injury stats on swimming?

So my taxes won't go up with nationalized healthcare? :cuckoo:
The plan would eventually eliminate my healthcare coverage, and would have to have your socialized healthcare coverage which I don't want.....GET IT! You want the government to take care of you....I don't want the government to take care of me...I can do that all by myself.

Over these [citizens] is elevated an immense, tutelary power, which takes sole charge of assuring their enjoyment and of watching over their fate. It is absolute, attentive to detail, regular, provident, and gentle… It works willingly for their happiness, but it wishes to be the only agent and the sole arbiter of that happiness. It provides for their security, foresees and supplies their needs, guides them in their principal affairs, directs their testaments, divides their inheritances… In this fashion, every day, it renders the employment of free will less useful and more rare; it confines the action of the will within a smaller space and bit by bit it steals from each citizen the use of that which is his own. Equality has prepared men for all of these things: it has disposed them to put up with them and often even to regard them as a benefit. .......Tocqueville

THIS is what bigger and bigger, more expensive more intrusive government has as its end result.
This is what Nik wants.....my,my.

The plan would eventually eliminate my healthcare coverage, and would have to have your socialized healthcare coverage which I don't want.....GET IT! You want the government to take care of you....I don't want the government to take care of me...I can do that all by myself.

Well nobody has suggested nationalized healthcare, so I don't know if they would go up under that. What they've suggested is a public plan and, thats correct, your taxes won't go up. Well, not because of the healthcare anyway.

And why exactly do you think you'd have to choose the public plan?

Really?...so you can defend yourself? You don't use roads, or firefighters, or cops? You are completely self sufficient? You never use the internet (government created it)? Yeah...thought so.

The public plan, propped up by tax payer dollars will be able to stay afloat when a private business would have failed. the goal here is not more choice but less as more and more tax dollars create a behemoth insurance agency that private firms cannot compete with as they do not have the unlimited resources of the government owned company.

And yes I will defend my home and property because the cops can't. All they can do is react after the fact.

In my town the firefighters are all volunteers and i have installed sprinklers because it is the prudent self sufficient thing to do

And as far as internet service is concerned, I pay for it and i pay taxes on the service. it ain't free.

Actually I did refute the argument, and threw in some insults because you made me listen to such ignorant bullshit. If you want to run away and cry because I called you a name, go for it, but I've refuted everything you've said.

If you say so champ ......after all everybody knows that when you've refuted your adversaries arguements it's only proper to demonstrate it by resorting to ad hominem..... priceless. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Over these [citizens] is elevated an immense, tutelary power, which takes sole charge of assuring their enjoyment and of watching over their fate. It is absolute, attentive to detail, regular, provident, and gentle… It works willingly for their happiness, but it wishes to be the only agent and the sole arbiter of that happiness. It provides for their security, foresees and supplies their needs, guides them in their principal affairs, directs their testaments, divides their inheritances… In this fashion, every day, it renders the employment of free will less useful and more rare; it confines the action of the will within a smaller space and bit by bit it steals from each citizen the use of that which is his own. Equality has prepared men for all of these things: it has disposed them to put up with them and often even to regard them as a benefit. .......Tocqueville

THIS is what bigger and bigger, more expensive more intrusive government has as its end result.

And without government regulation/taxation you get this.

And, for this, at the end of the week, he will carry home three dollars to his family, being his pay at the rate of five cents per hour-just about his proper share of the million and three quarters of children who are now engaged in earning their livings in the United States."

This is no fairy story and no joke; the meat will be shoveled into carts and the man who did the shoveling will not trouble to lift out a rat even when he saw one."

Upton Sinclair

Actually I did refute the argument, and threw in some insults because you made me listen to such ignorant bullshit. If you want to run away and cry because I called you a name, go for it, but I've refuted everything you've said.

If you say so champ ......after all everybody knows that when you've refuted your adversaries arguements it's only proper to demonstrate it by resorting to ad hominem..... priceless. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You don't seem to know what an ad hominem is, retard.

Well nobody has suggested nationalized healthcare, so I don't know if they would go up under that. What they've suggested is a public plan and, thats correct, your taxes won't go up. Well, not because of the healthcare anyway.

And why exactly do you think you'd have to choose the public plan?

Really?...so you can defend yourself? You don't use roads, or firefighters, or cops? You are completely self sufficient? You never use the internet (government created it)? Yeah...thought so.

The public plan, propped up by tax payer dollars will be able to stay afloat when a private business would have failed. the goal here is not more choice but less as more and more tax dollars create a behemoth insurance agency that private firms cannot compete with as they do not have the unlimited resources of the government owned company.

Right, because that happens with all government owned companies. :cuckoo:

And yes I will defend my home and property because the cops can't. All they can do is react after the fact.

In my town the firefighters are all volunteers and i have installed sprinklers because it is the prudent self sufficient thing to do

And as far as internet service is concerned, I pay for it and i pay taxes on the service. it ain't free.

Your firefighters are all volunteer, huh? Do they have trucks? Who paid for the trucks?

And the government invented the internet, genius. Its not just the paying for it now that allows you to have it.

And without government regulation/taxation you get this.

This is no fairy story and no joke; the meat will be shoveled into carts and the man who did the shoveling will not trouble to lift out a rat even when he saw one."

Upton Sinclair

Never said i wanted no government did I?

there is a tipping point where too little and too muchgovernment hinders growth

Government Size and Economic Growth

Government has an essential role to play in a free and open society. Its average contribution is positive; but I believe that the marginal contribution of going from 15% of the national income to 50% has been negative

Ad hominem argument is most commonly used to refer specifically to the ad hominem abusive, or argumentum ad personam, which consists of criticizing or attacking the person who proposed the argument

Look familiar ? want I should drop down a rope so you can climb outta that hole you're digging for yourself?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your firefighters are all volunteer, huh? Do they have trucks? Who paid for the trucks?

And the government invented the internet, genius. Its not just the paying for it now that allows you to have it.

I pay for the trucks asshole with my state and local taxes.
And the invention of technology has nothing to do with its use. the amount of tax dollars used to create the internet have been paid back many times over I'm sure.

And the invention of technology has nothing to do with its use. the amount of tax dollars used to create the internet have been paid back many times over I'm sure.

If one really wants to get to the root of the personal computer use to even get to the internet...Look at Bill Gates in the private sector, and not the government

Ad hominem argument is most commonly used to refer specifically to the ad hominem abusive, or argumentum ad personam, which consists of criticizing or attacking the person who proposed the argument

Look familiar ? want I should drop down a rope so you can climb outta that hole you're digging for yourself?

An Ad hominem is attacking someone as a refute to their argument. Not just attacking someone who makes an argument. I didn't say "you are a retard, therefore you are wrong". I explained why you were wrong, and then called you retarded.

Of course you do...and other people pay for them too, who don't use them.

No shit. So was Gramm-Rudman. What's that got to do with the point I made? It was the law of the land for us to have a balanced budget, and Clinton was given the tools to be able to obey that law.

That those laws were later struck down by DEMS in the SCOTUS, isn't relevant to what Clinton actually had when he had it.

Clinton didn't face the massive economic problems we have today, so it surely isn't clear how he would have handled the current situation. Clinton definitely would have gotten more cooperation from Republicans, that's for sure. As for PAYGO, Bush allowed that to expire in 2002, I believe, knowing full well that as we went to war, there was no way the rules could be met.
Congress could have brought it back any time. And when they finally did, in 2007, it was totally toothless and ineffectual. And still is. Now, it's not only not even a law, it has zero enforcement ability. It's a House "guideline" that also doesn't even affect the Senate.

And it wasn't Booooosh who "allowed it to expire" it was the House. A President cannot just cancel out a law, or let one "expire." That's the legislative branch. They had a timetable to re-up it, and because they couldn't agree on whether to continue to use the old version or a new, toothless one the Dems wanted, which they have now, the law was allowed to expire by the House, with no action.

Paygo is nothing but cheap lip service now, totally worthless as anything other than a demagogue.

First off, using the all-inclusive word "Bush" does not mean George Walker Bush in the flesh in most instances. So that was a big waste of your time trying to defending a dumb point. Second, there's nothing wrong with having PAYGO on the record even if it IS rarely used. Another moot point. But you might think of it this way: If the Republicans sweep in with a victory in 2010 and again in 2012, they will have a nice little "worthless" tool at their disposal with which to underfund or defund some of Obama's programs.

An Ad hominem is attacking someone as a refute to their argument. Not just attacking someone who makes an argument. I didn't say "you are a retard, therefore you are wrong". I explained why you were wrong, and then called you retarded.

"Ad hominem argument is most commonly used to refer specifically to the ad hominem abusive, or argumentum ad personam, which consists of criticizing or attacking the person who proposed the argument"

Looks like one, quacks like one, must be one .... you truly are priceless entertainment, can you do your impression of a rational human being for us next? Or are you not finished trying to worm your way out of your previous idiotic statements yet?

Forum List

Back