Media Left Wing Censorship in Action - Closing a Conservative Private Board

Historymaven

Jul 11, 2016
http://investordiscussionboard.com/boards/politpub/re-quick-update-admin-4

Investors Discussion Board - IDB politpub

This has been a long time conservative discussion spot by invitation only with a no trolls allowed special feature. A couple of years ago the lefty IDB Board's owners restricted new members to the Pol-pub board which was their most popular board of all by taking it private so that only old members could use it. Now without a legitimate explanation they are closing this board altogether and our free speech spot will be taken away in one week.

This is scary stuff! UNABASHED CENSORSHIP...

Historymaven

This has been a long time conservative discussion spot by invitation only with a no trolls allowed special feature. A couple of years ago the lefty IDB Board's owners restricted new members to the Pol-pub board which was their most popular board of all by taking it private so that only old members could use it. Now without a legitimate explanation they are closing this board altogether and our free speech spot will be taken away in one week.

Historymaven
so rube, if its a secret board how did libs shut it down?

Historymaven
I may have missed it but, where did he say this was a "secret board"?

Historymaven
Your reading comprehension skills are terrible.

Historymaven
Your reading comprehension skills are terrible.

He's a leftie, he cant read he just parrots talking points.

Historymaven
They own and control the website.
Historymaven

Historymaven
They own and control the website.
Historymaven
The owners tried to make it a "secret" board when they took it private and not allowing new members. They did succeed in strangling the once very active and productive discussion there as posting has dropped off in recent months.
Historymaven

So it's a privately owned company that decides to make changes with it's set up and that's "censorship"?

So it's a privately owned company that decides to make changes with it's set up and that's "censorship"?
Coyote, Interesting I see you make rules for this US Discussion Board.That is not encouraging to me. I see my posts reaching your page 2 in record time!!
But to answer your question IDB bills itself as a place for developing free discussions on any topic - in other words a place for free speech. The polpub Board was by far their most popular spot when the lefty owners took it "dark" and only allowed existing users - no new blood. So this is a Investor Discussion Board encouraging free speech except when it threatens their lefty(perhaps NWO) corrupt agenda.

C4AfB1oVMAQsHK1.jpg

Coyote, Interesting I see you make rules for this US Discussion Board.That is not encouraging to me. I see my posts reaching your page 2 in record time!!
But to answer your question IDB bills itself as a place for developing free discussions on any topic - in other words a place for free speech. The polpub Board was by far their most popular spot when the lefty owners took it "dark" and only allowed existing users - no new blood. So this is a Investor Discussion Board encouraging free speech except when it threatens their lefty(perhaps NWO) corrupt agenda.

I don't make the rules, but this board, probably like the one you referenced is a privately owned entity. In my experience every single messageboard I"ve been on is privately owned and the owners make determinations as to what constitutes free speech. I don't see how it's censorship when it's privately owned. I've been some places I didn't like, so I left.

I don't make the rules, but this board, probably like the one you referenced is a privately owned entity. In my experience every single messageboard I"ve been on is privately owned and the owners make determinations as to what constitutes free speech. I don't see how it's censorship when it's privately owned. I've been some places I didn't like, so I left.
But privately owned bakeries have to bake cakes for those they don't want to...

This falls under business rights, sometimes shitty, but yea they can censor anything they want for any reason they want.

But privately owned bakeries have to bake cakes for those they don't want to...

They also can't discrimminate on the basis of race by having separate drinking fountains.

On the other hand - no one can force them to make fried chicken when they specialize in cake.

That's debatable, they can force said person to make a wedding cake for something they don't consider to be a wedding.

That's debatable, they can force said person to make a wedding cake for something they don't consider to be a wedding.

They can't discriminate against a person because he's gay. If they don't consider it a wedding then maybe they don't consider a mixed race wedding to be a wedding.

It's a fine line.

Yes well it goes right along with the left wing idea that Milo can't speak at UC Berkely heh

All the fine lines.

Forum List

Back