Meanwhile, in fdr's Concentration Camps....

Battling fascism and oppression around the world, and that villain fdr was building concentration camps right here in the US.

Survivor recalls life in internment camp for Japanese-Americans Japan Today Japan News and Discussion

http://www.japantoday.com/category/...ul-truths-about-japanese-american-internment/

"Attempting escape, resisting orders, and treason were all punishable by death in internment camps. Guards would face little consequence for killing without just cause.

A mentally ill man in his mid-forties, Ichiro Shimoda, was shot trying to escape in 1942. He’d attempted suicide twice since entering the camp, and the guards were well aware of his mental illness. That same year, two Californians were killed during an alleged escape attempt from the Lourdsburg, New Mexico camp. It was later revealed that Hirota Isomura and Toshiro Kobata were both extremely weak upon arrival—too weak to walk, much less escape.

A handful of guards went to court for their wrongdoings but with disappointing results. One guard was tried for the 1943 murder of an elderly chef named James Hatsuki Wakasa. He was found not guilty. Private Bernard Goe was also tried after killing Shoichi James Okamoto. Goe was acquitted and fined for unauthorized use of government property. The amount: $1—the cost of the bullet used to kill the victim."
As the most famous jap I know george tekai says, "oh my"

Have you heard how the japs Russians and German treated their prisoners?

I understand those were Americans but they were also the enemy. America wasn't as liberal and tolerant as it is now. Today we don't lock up Arabs but we do monitor non Americans phones and emails. Hell, they probably spy on all of us.

If Arabs started suicide bombing in America I wonder how we would react. How would you?
So are your posts outlining Japanese atroscities an effort to justify FDR's?

Fix the quotes? Japan started WII Fix the quot
Brilliant! More politicical obfuscation. He in no way admits to Japan's culpability, let alone apologizes for ACTULY starting the war. No one in the media or anywhere else buys that as an "apology". Wrong. As usual. You never cease to amaze me to what level BS you will espouse as truth

Read the quotes, instead of merely posting prepared comments reflecting your prejudice.
Japan was wrong , and you damned well know it.

Abe would not disagree with you.
That's a start, Japan got punished during the saturation bombings of Tokyo. Killed more people than Dresden or Hiroshima. Germany and Japan the paid price of their agression
Some people have trouble with spelling, others have trouble with a lack of character.
You left out the most important topic. Comprehension . But you nit pick silly things. Forest for the trees, you miss a lot here, boyo. Japan started the war, and they can't apologize enough, and they aren't so far, you silly ditz. You got the point, Jesus.

Last edited:
Brilliant! More politicical obfuscation. He in no way admits to Japan's culpability, let alone apologizes for ACTULY starting the war. No one in the media or anywhere else buys that as an "apology". Wrong. As usual. You never cease to amaze me to what level BS you will espouse as truth

Read the quotes, instead of merely posting prepared comments reflecting your prejudice.

Japan was invading other countries from 1933 on. Burma, Korea onto China Wow. America stopped funding Japan, which pissed them of to the point they attacked us at Pearl Harbor. Sneak attack. What reason did Japan have for this? Long term comprehension, spelling and grammar optional. Japan was an international menace, killed millions, started the war in the pacific. Saying "We are sorry", priceless.

Japan was invading other countries from 1933 on. Burma, Korea onto China Wow. America stopped funding Japan, which pissed them of to the point they attacked us at Pearl Harbor. Sneak attack. What reason did Japan have for this? Long term comprehension, spelling and grammar optional. Japan was an international menace, killed millions, started the war in the pacific. Saying "We are sorry", priceless.

Citing Japanese atrocities is not a defense for placing innocent Americans in concentration camps. How can allegedly educated Americans possibly promote that idiotic argument? You could almost understand rounding up all the Japanese on Hawaii but they didn't. FDR's executive order only put middle class hard working Japanese American citizens in jail in California. It's unbelievable that the same people who are adamant about so-called "sanctuary cities" for illegal aliens would defend FDR's order to incarcerate American citizens.

rs.g jvj./xzv'jxasdv

Citing Japanese atrocities is not a defense for placing innocent Americans in concentration camps. How can allegedly educated Americans possibly promote that idiotic argument? You could almost understand rounding up all the Japanese on Hawaii but they didn't. FDR's executive order only put middle class hard working Japanese American citizens in jail in California. It's unbelievable that the same people who are adamant about so-called "sanctuary cities" for illegal aliens would defend FDR's order to incarcerate American citizens.
I people am not inferring that, kiddo. Japan basically started the war. No reason to lock up innocent people that happened to Japanese, I agree all way around. Forgiveness, it's a hard thing to do.

Last edited:
rs.g jvj./xzv'jxasdv

I people am not inferring that, kiddo. Japan basically started the war. No reason to lock up innocent people that happened to Japanese, I agree all way around. Forgiveness, it's a hard thing to do.

This is a discussion about historic events. Find the ethics/religion forum for forgiveness. It used to be a stimulating exercise to argue over generals and strategies and military battles as well as political administrations on both sides of the isle. The winning side writes the history books and somehow emotion gets in the way of a logical argument when certain legends are under scrutiny.

That's a start, Japan got punished during the saturation bombings of Tokyo. Killed more people than Dresden or Hiroshima. Germany and Japan the paid price of their agression
Some people have trouble with spelling, others have trouble with a lack of character.
You left out the most important topic. Comprehension . But you nit pick silly things. Forest for the trees, you miss a lot here, boyo. Japan started the war, and they can't apologize enough, and they aren't so far, you silly ditz. You got the point, Jesus.
So again, since Japan's government and military committed aggression and atrocities, the American government and military can murder Japanese civilians on a vast scale....that is your conclusion.

Blood lust!

Who knew where their loyalty was. They thought there emperor was a God. Similar to how repubs felt about Reagan.

[/QUOTE] The fighting of almost every war began before an official declaration thereof.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] It had never happened involving the United states of American before. [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Of course it had.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Would that have been the War of 1812,The Mexican War, the Spanish/American War, or WW1?[/QUOTE]

These were 'sneak attack' wars?

Who knew where their loyalty was. .

No Japanese-Americans were convicted of espionage or sabotage throughout the war (unlike German Americans), and the 442 is still the most highly decorated unit in U.S. Military history.

Who was really loyal was pretty fucking clear, and it wasn't that scumbag fdr.

FDR was the Progressives Favorite fascist.

Here's the Poll

Progressives Most Favorite Fascist Evah!

1. FDR
2. Stalin
3. Mao
4. Hitler

Citizens wanted internment camps. They were afraid of Japanese sabotage and even a Japanese invasion. The US military commanders responsible for keeping the west coast secure and protecting against sabotage and preparing for possible invasion wanted internment camps. Business interest saw the support for internment camps as a way to profit from removing Japanese from west coast competition and lobbied for interment camps. Politicians pressured Washington DC to satisfy citizen, military and business interest to create and implement internment camps.
FDR had won the election and been inaugurated for his third term on Jan 20. 1941. His issue of Executive Order 9066 on Feb 19, 1942 to create internment camps was based of the recommendations of his military advisers and particularly that of Lt. Gen. DeWitt, commander of the western US forces and responsible for security. Until the military had voiced and and demanded internment both FDR and FBI Director Hoover had opposed it. The military evaluations and predictions of Japanese attempts at invasion and sabotage sealed the fate for the creation of the camps.
The country gave approval and any doubts about the possibility or intent of the Japanese to invade were squashed a few month after the order to implement EO 9066 when the Japanese invaded America with the landing and occupation of Alaska, specifically, the Aleutain Islands of Attu and Kiska. These may have been small and remote islands, but they were American territory and key to controlling Pacific sea transportation routes that would have been needed for a Japanese invasion.

Last edited:
Battling fascism and oppression around the world, and that villain fdr was building concentration camps right here in the US.

Survivor recalls life in internment camp for Japanese-Americans Japan Today Japan News and Discussion

http://www.japantoday.com/category/...ul-truths-about-japanese-american-internment/

"Attempting escape, resisting orders, and treason were all punishable by death in internment camps. Guards would face little consequence for killing without just cause.

A mentally ill man in his mid-forties, Ichiro Shimoda, was shot trying to escape in 1942. He’d attempted suicide twice since entering the camp, and the guards were well aware of his mental illness. That same year, two Californians were killed during an alleged escape attempt from the Lourdsburg, New Mexico camp. It was later revealed that Hirota Isomura and Toshiro Kobata were both extremely weak upon arrival—too weak to walk, much less escape.

A handful of guards went to court for their wrongdoings but with disappointing results. One guard was tried for the 1943 murder of an elderly chef named James Hatsuki Wakasa. He was found not guilty. Private Bernard Goe was also tried after killing Shoichi James Okamoto. Goe was acquitted and fined for unauthorized use of government property. The amount: $1—the cost of the bullet used to kill the victim."

I understand those were Americans but they were also the enemy. America wasn't as liberal and tolerant as it is now. Today we don't lock up Arabs but we do monitor non Americans phones and emails. Hell, they probably spy on all of us.

If Arabs started suicide bombing in America I wonder how we would react. How would you?

I understand those were Americans but they were also the enemy.

really

you guys will excuse anything

as long as it furthers the party

really

If Muslims start suicide bombing here we'll round them up too.

If we had the ability to round up jap Americans why can't we do the same with illegal immigrants.

PS. I know what we did to the Jap Americans was wrong

really

If Muslims start suicide bombing here we'll round them up too.

If we had the ability to round up jap Americans why can't we do the same with illegal immigrants.

PS. I know what we did to the Jap Americans was wrong

we have had several radicals terrorizing folks in this country

no one is talking about rounding them up

Who knew where their loyalty was. .

No Japanese-Americans were convicted of espionage or sabotage throughout the war (unlike German Americans), and the 442 is still the most highly decorated unit in U.S. Military history.

Who was really loyal was pretty fucking clear, and it wasn't that scumbag fdr.

Calling FDR a scumbag for interning Japanese in WWII is the same as calling America and what we refer to as "The Greatest Generation" as scumbags.

The action to intern the Japanese was overwhelmingly supported by the American population. They believed and many still believe that if not for the US Navel victories in the Pacific against the huge overwhelming force of the Japanese Navy, the US west coast would have experienced major attacks.

The guy you call a scumbag was the guy responsible for insisting, promoting and eventually developing and producing advanced aircraft carriers and attack aircraft that defeated the Japanese Navy, which would have been greatly advanced technologically if FDR did not have the knowledge of Navel warfare and the skill to advance the US Navy in a way that would shock the Japanese Navel commanders. The US Navy would have most surely been defeated in the Pacific if FDR's advancement had not been supported and made during his first two terms in office during the 1930's.

Most people are not knowledgeable or ignore an important fact about FDR. He served as Assistant Secretary of the Navy for seven years, 1913 to 1920, before during and after WWI. Before becoming a politician he spent years working with and coordinating military affairs and spending time with military commanders. He was in fact, a military expert with a military background.

Forum List

Back