McManus: Romney's arithmetic problem

hey little troll, I didn't START the flame war..

from you post above.

get a clue

So you are unable to explain how Romney will meet his pledge, and raise defense spending from 3.2% to 4% is going to provide his promised outcome of deficit reduction. You're a simpleton.

good grief, it's an opinion from the LASlimes dude..you want to Obsess over it, have at it

So you're unable to do the simple math? Let me give you some remedial arithmetic. Look at GDP. Look at that percent of GDP that we devote to the DOD budget. Then look at the difference between 3.2% and 4%. Tell me if that equates to about $2 trillion more over the 10 year span that Romney proposed. Than reconcile that with Romney's promise of not passing off extra debt to our children.

Last edited:
So you are unable to explain how Romney will meet his pledge, and raise defense spending from 3.2% to 4% is going to provide his promised outcome of deficit reduction. You're a simpleton.

good grief, it's an opinion from the LASlimes dude..you want to Obsess over it, have at it

So you're unable to do the simple math? Let me give you some remedial arithmetic. Look at GDP. Look at that percent of GDP that we devote to the DOD budget. Then look at the difference between 3.2% and 4%. Tell me if that equates to about $2 trillion more over the 10 year span that Romney proposed. Than reconcile that with Romney's promise of not passing off extra debt to our children.

now you all are worried about the dept.

So Mitt doesn't have to tell the truth because Republicans have been blocking all Demorcrat budgets, and putting out half-assed budget blueprints that make no sense?

Is that the logic you use to give Mittens a license to lie?

Actually Obama's last budget was voted down by his own party.
Try again.

Yeah, it was too austere, and Democrats wanted a budget that stimulated more growth. Obama isn't nearly as lying through his ass with his budgets. Yet, he still had majority Democrat support, with zero Republicans willing to act like adults. But you don't care about being bullshited to, as long as you get that black dude out of power. Intellectual honest is a foreign term to you.

But that still has nothing to do with wanting to significantly increase defense spending by 2 trillion dollars over ten years, and claim that he's going to bring down the deficit. His numbers are bullshit. Mitt is a liar. His plans make no sense. And you want to defend them.

Your such a lying hack, Dick Suck!
Senate rejects Obama budget in 99-0 vote - The Hill's Floor Action

Try again.

Yeah, it was too austere, and Democrats wanted a budget that stimulated more growth. Obama isn't nearly as lying through his ass with his budgets. Yet, he still had majority Democrat support, with zero Republicans willing to act like adults. But you don't care about being bullshited to, as long as you get that black dude out of power. Intellectual honest is a foreign term to you.

But that still has nothing to do with wanting to significantly increase defense spending by 2 trillion dollars over ten years, and claim that he's going to bring down the deficit. His numbers are bullshit. Mitt is a liar. His plans make no sense. And you want to defend them.

Your such a lying hack, Dick Suck!
Senate rejects Obama budget in 99-0 vote - The Hill's Floor Action

of course he is..and a troll

now you all are worried about the dept.

Ignoring your stupid spelling error, yes, I've always been concerned about debt. You seem to think it's not a problem with the Romney claim that he'll raise defense spending to 4% of GDP, as opposed to 3.2% of GDP. Romney certainly whined about how debt is hurting our children. Can you explain how this proposal makes any sense?

So Mitt doesn't have to tell the truth because Republicans have been blocking all Demorcrat budgets, and putting out half-assed budget blueprints that make no sense?

Is that the logic you use to give Mittens a license to lie?

Try again.
So that's the logic you use to give Mittens a license to lie?

You're the only one lying here.
If you want accountibility,, demand it across the board.
Where's the budget, Dems?

So Mittens is caught in another lie.

His defense numbers don't add up with the rest of his platform.

Here's an issue that hasn't been debated much in the presidential campaign but ought to be: How much should we spend on defense?

President Obama has proposed keeping the Pentagon budget essentially flat for the next 10 years. Mitt Romney, by contrast, wants to increase defense spending massively — by more than 50% over current levels, according to one estimate. That could mean almost $2 trillion in additional military spending over 10 years.

But the biggest problem with Romney's defense numbers is that they don't add up with the rest of his platform, which calls for decreasing federal spending overall while also lowering taxes — and, at the same time, balancing the budget.

"My administration will … make the hundreds of billions of dollars in cuts necessary to reduce spending to 20% of GDP by the end of my first term," Romney said in February. "And then, without sacrificing our military superiority, I will balance the budget."

from your first link, dumb ass...

Romney hasn't actually proposed a defense budget or offered any specific numbers for his military strategy.

If he has not proposed any actual defense spending numbers, your whole thread is based on ASSumptions.

Color me fucking surprised.

And yet again, when confronted with facts, instead of ASSumptions, Dickless Fuck runs away from his own thread.

I would appreciate instructions on how one differentiates from a stupid, factless unwarranted campaign fantasy and a lie.

Both the definition and the results seem to be the. same

If he has not proposed any actual defense spending numbers, your whole thread is based on ASSumptions.

When you look at Romney's proposal, it is not an assumption that he is calling for an increase in defense spending. The exact amount can't be calculated precisely because Romney is prevaricating, but there is no question it is an increase.

That's all Romney does is prevaricate. He has gotten very good at it.

Is that the kind of politician you like? Really? A guy who won't provide any actual plan?

Just taking him on faith, eh?

Looks to me like you are the one making an ASSumption.

When you look at Romney's proposal, it is not an assumption that he is calling for an increase in defense spending. The exact amount can't be calculated precisely because Romney is prevaricating, but there is no question it is an increase.

That's all Romney does is prevaricate. He has gotten very good at it.

Is that the kind of politician you like? Really? A guy who won't provide any actual plan?

Just taking him on faith, eh?

Looks to me like you are the one making an ASSumption.

With all due respect, G5000...isn't Barrack Obama the guy that YOU elected on "faith"...a guy who gave you a vague notion of "Hope & Change" with zero in the way of specifics?

The reason that I find your post so amusing is that at least with Romney people have an idea from how he governed Massachusetts, how he would govern the country...whereas they had no idea at ALL how Barry would govern until he put his butt in the chair on the Oval Office but you're here criticizing others for taking Romney "on faith".

Last edited:
With all due respect, G5000...isn't Barrack Obama the guy that YOU elected on "faith"...a guy who gave you a vague notion of "Hope & Change" with zero in the way of specifics?

Oopsie! ANOTHER assumption! I did not elect Obama. I hate Obama with the passion of a thousand burning suns. But I don't allow it to blind me.

That's my whole point. There's an awful lot of bitching about Obama not being vetted by the voters before being elected. Something you just now did.

And yet here we have people giving Romney a pass! Romney provides NO details, but hey, it's okay because he's got an R after his name!

I can't stand the stench of the hypocrisy here.

Last edited:
So Mittens is caught in another lie.

His defense numbers don't add up with the rest of his platform.

Here's an issue that hasn't been debated much in the presidential campaign but ought to be: How much should we spend on defense?

President Obama has proposed keeping the Pentagon budget essentially flat for the next 10 years. Mitt Romney, by contrast, wants to increase defense spending massively — by more than 50% over current levels, according to one estimate. That could mean almost $2 trillion in additional military spending over 10 years.

But the biggest problem with Romney's defense numbers is that they don't add up with the rest of his platform, which calls for decreasing federal spending overall while also lowering taxes — and, at the same time, balancing the budget.

"My administration will … make the hundreds of billions of dollars in cuts necessary to reduce spending to 20% of GDP by the end of my first term," Romney said in February. "And then, without sacrificing our military superiority, I will balance the budget."

from your first link, dumb ass...

Romney hasn't actually proposed a defense budget or offered any specific numbers for his military strategy.

He's stated that he wants to increase defense spending from 3.2% of GDP to 4% of GDP.

And yet again, when confronted with facts, instead of ASSumptions, Dickless Fuck runs away from his own thread.

I didn't know you expected me to be on call 24/7. Are you too stupid to understand the asynchronous communication of a message board? I guess you are.

I didn't know you expected me to be on call 24/7. Are you too stupid to understand the asynchronous communication of a message board? I guess you are.

Don't get your titties all twisted just because your own source bit you in the ass, I pointed it out to you, and you fled crying.:tongue:

Romney Defense Spending Proposal a Return to Normal
But, alas, Sharp’s numbers disprove the CNNMoney spin and make two things clear. The first is that, even with modest economic growth, the United States can afford to spend what’s needed on its military; 4 percent of a $25 trillion economy is a lot of money. Indeed, there’s no reason we couldn’t afford more: The 50-year Cold War average for defense spending–also an era of unprecedented American prosperity–was 6.3 percent of GDP.

Sharp’s numbers also make plain Obama’s plan for American military decline. As the president proclaimed in his January defense guidance, he has walked away from the traditional “two-war” standard of military strength, the measure of U.S. capability throughout the 20th century. Indeed, his principal “national security imperative” is “deficit reduction through a lower level of defense spending.” This allows every other department of the Obama administration to advance its imperative: increase the deficit through higher levels of spending.

The Romney 4 percent Pentagon budget is no “spike”; it’s more like a return to normal, even very constrained military spending given the global mission of America’s armed forces. It’s Obama’s levels of spending that are abnormal, digging a deep hole that even now will take a decade of reinvestment to repair. That’s what is really “piling up.”

Of course, things could be worse. Obama could continue to insist on pulling the sequestration trigger that would chop another $500 billion-plus from military budgets.

Forum List

Back