McDonalds has 50,000 job openings; To have National Hiring Day?? Why?

Hell, why get a job at Mickey D's when a robo-signer for fradulent mortgage papers at a docs company starts off at $10.00/hr. and gets a title like Vice-President of Bank Of America.
Now that is true social mobility in this late great United States!

How is this even possible? With SO MANY people who "cant find work" out there, supposedly, and need an extra 99 weeks of unemployment, more welfare, more handouts..........I ask, WHY does McDonalds need to have a National Hiring Day to fill 50,000 openings?

The obvious libtard answer is gonna be this: "These 50,000 jobs were JUST created by McDonalds moron racist right winger!!!!!"

And thats true. McDonalds is just creating these jobs. #1) God Bless capitalism. #2) I read the article. McD's is trying to make almost all their spots 24 hours. So, they need an average 3-4 more employees per store. Thats why they're having this massive 1 day hiring event for 50,000 people.

So whats my point, you ask?

WHY do they need to have this National Hiring Day? IF, thats the BIG IF, if there are so many Ed Shultz-like "99'ers" out there desperate for work, whose ONLY hope is a government handout.......then it is obvious to me that McDonalds SHOULD ALREADY HAVE tens of thousands of applications on file!!!!! All the "99'ers" should already have applied to ANY source of income, such as McDonalds or Dominoes Pizza (Who is also hiring). These restaurants should already have thousands of qualified, hard working applicants who've been begging for work the last 2 years.

Yet, they obviously don't. While the "99'ers" whine to the unions and Ed Shultz about right wingers, evil corporations, and "no work" or no jobs...............................while that is going on, corporations like McDonalds are basically having to advertise "WORK AVAILABLE, PLEASE APPLY!!!!".

Sorry ass lazy people. GTFO the gov't nipple and get your asses to work. HOW MANY welfare queens and "99'ers" won't get off the couch to apply at McDonalds, then come whine on a message board about not having a job and how evil corporations are?

Because they pay minimum wage and got a "bye" from Obama on providing REAL health insurance.

Well, if 50,000 people who were sucking money out of gov't handouts become employed, thats 50,000 less people we the taxpayer have to subsidize.

Again....Working > Not working. That should sit along beside the laws of gravity and relativity. But in a liberals mind, that equation is racist, elitist, sexist, homophobic, islamophobic, xenophobic and somehow probably cruel to trees and animals also.

If you don't think that 50,000 people on minimum wage won't be soaking the government in one form or another..

Or that we are going to continue to be an "exceptional" super power doing that.

Then there is Florida swampland I'd like to see if your interested in..that I am selling.

Also..would you be interested in selling vitamins? It's the Amway..way..ya know.:lol:
BTW, McDonalds doesn't pay minimum wage. They pay over minimum wage in most cases because almost nobody will work for minimum. It's not much over, but it's still over.

You know, this is when I wish I was in journalism. Why? Because on the National Hiring Day for McDonalds, I'd get a camera crew, and at 12:00 noon, I'd go to the ghetto and trailor park, or even the suburbs and unemployment office, and interview people:

"Sir, do you have a job? No? Do you want one? Yes? Why aren't you applying for one of the 50,000 jobs being offered by one of the worlds largest, most successful companies? Why are you instead hanging out on the corner drinking beer, playing lottery tickets, and watching TV? Sir? Ma'am? Any reason?"

That news story would be classic. Answers wouldn include "I ain't workin for no $7 an hour." Or "I have a college degree in Diversity Studies, I am not working for McDonalds".

Well said, I'm always amazed by people who sit around jobless for months when they need the money.

I'm lucky enough to have a decent job, but if I got canned and there was hypothetically only jobs like this available I'd take it rather than nothing.

If you are over-qualified, take the job, and continue your job search WHILE you have a job.

Do you have a lifestyle that could be supported by McDonalds minimum wages?

If you are collecting a gov't check (unemployment), then your lifestyle can be supported by a minimum wage job.
Start selling your assets, and make deep cuts in your budget.

I did while I was on unemployment.

From gov't handout to burger fryer.....the new social mobility?
Now, if only a plethora of decent starting wage jobs with a future could be created so those student loans can be realistically paid off.

Those jobs go to India... ask the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. They'll tell you how good outsourcing is for us.

Well, if 50,000 people who were sucking money out of gov't handouts become employed, thats 50,000 less people we the taxpayer have to subsidize.

Again....Working > Not working. That should sit along beside the laws of gravity and relativity. But in a liberals mind, that equation is racist, elitist, sexist, homophobic, islamophobic, xenophobic and somehow probably cruel to trees and animals also.

If you don't think that 50,000 people on minimum wage won't be soaking the government in one form or another..

Then there is Florida swampland I'd like to see if your interested in..that I am selling.

Also..would you be interested in selling vitamins? It's the Amway..way..ya know.:lol:
BTW, McDonalds doesn't pay minimum wage. They pay over minimum wage in most cases because almost nobody will work for minimum. It's not much over, but it's still over.

Oh, people will work for minimum wage. People in the 16 to 18 year old bracket in high school living at home. It isn't that people won't work for minimum wage, it is that they can't live on minimum wage. Minimum wage is for aftger school and summer starter jobs for kids, not adults with a family.

How is this even possible? With SO MANY people who "cant find work" out there, supposedly, and need an extra 99 weeks of unemployment, more welfare, more handouts..........I ask, WHY does McDonalds need to have a National Hiring Day to fill 50,000 openings?

The obvious libtard answer is gonna be this: "These 50,000 jobs were JUST created by McDonalds moron racist right winger!!!!!"

And thats true. McDonalds is just creating these jobs. #1) God Bless capitalism. #2) I read the article. McD's is trying to make almost all their spots 24 hours. So, they need an average 3-4 more employees per store. Thats why they're having this massive 1 day hiring event for 50,000 people.

WHY do they need to have this National Hiring Day? IF, thats the BIG IF, if there are so many Ed Shultz-like "99'ers" out there desperate for work, whose ONLY hope is a government handout.......then it is obvious to me that McDonalds SHOULD ALREADY HAVE tens of thousands of applications on file!!!!! All the "99'ers" should already have applied to ANY source of income, such as McDonalds or Dominoes Pizza (Who is also hiring). These restaurants should already have thousands of qualified, hard working applicants who've been begging for work the last 2 years.

Yet, they obviously don't. While the "99'ers" whine to the unions and Ed Shultz about right wingers, evil corporations, and "no work" or no jobs...............................while that is going on, corporations like McDonalds are basically having to advertise "WORK AVAILABLE, PLEASE APPLY!!!!".

Sorry ass lazy people. GTFO the gov't nipple and get your asses to work. HOW MANY welfare queens and "99'ers" won't get off the couch to apply at McDonalds, then come whine on a message board about not having a job and how evil corporations are?

Because they pay minimum wage and got a "bye" from Obama on providing REAL health insurance.

Ironic. Their Obamacare waiver is EXACTLY WHY they can afford to hire. IMAGINE if all companies got a waiver, how many others would be hiring? Ever ponder that fact libtards?

McD's pays more than minimum wage by the way. AND their company is well known for advancement opportunities for the best workers at the entry level. Many fast food chains are. I was raised by a single mom who managed a Hardees growing up. She earned over 55K a year as a fast food manager, and she started off flipping burgers as an 18 year old.

Now, I await the flood of "99'ers" who are begging for this paycheck from one of the world's largest and most successful companies.

And if you work real hard at it, maybe someday you can become a manager and make the really big bucks.

Oh, people will work for minimum wage. People in the 16 to 18 year old bracket in high school living at home. It isn't that people won't work for minimum wage, it is that they can't live on minimum wage. Minimum wage is for aftger school and summer starter jobs for kids, not adults with a family.

You know what is less than minimum wage? NO WAGE.

So, the answer is just keep sitting on a fat ass on the couch? And NOT earning any money at all? $0.00 an hour? We can't keep sustaining that.

Sure, it'd be better to have a higher paying job. But absent that chance, WHY NOT EARN WHAT YOU CAN RATHER THAN SITTING ON A FAT ASS ON THE COUCH??????????

Ironic. Their Obamacare waiver is EXACTLY WHY they can afford to hire. IMAGINE if all companies got a waiver, how many others would be hiring? Ever ponder that fact libtards?

McD's pays more than minimum wage by the way. AND their company is well known for advancement opportunities for the best workers at the entry level. Many fast food chains are. I was raised by a single mom who managed a Hardees growing up. She earned over 55K a year as a fast food manager, and she started off flipping burgers as an 18 year old.

Now, I await the flood of "99'ers" who are begging for this paycheck from one of the world's largest and most successful companies.

IF McDonald's was such a GREAT employer, would they really have 50,000 unfilled jobs and need to have a national day of hiring? THINK for just a moment, dumbass.

Well said, I'm always amazed by people who sit around jobless for months when they need the money.

I'm lucky enough to have a decent job, but if I got canned and there was hypothetically only jobs like this available I'd take it rather than nothing.

If you are over-qualified, take the job, and continue your job search WHILE you have a job.

If you are collecting a gov't check (unemployment), then your lifestyle can be supported by a minimum wage job.

It's not that I don't think everyone has to do an honest days' work. But let's assume one does everything you said. You can't not pay your mortgage. You can't let your credit go because if you do, you can't get more credit and the interest/payments on your existing and outstanding credit keeps going up.

Then what if there is an illness in the family while you're making these lifestyle changes?

Hint: You go bankrupt because you've lost your health insurance when you lost your job and couldn't afford the COBRA payments.

Then what?

Or what if someone is 50 and is no longer marketable? They aren't getting a job as a fry cook when the company can invest its money into an 18 year old who might stay with the company for a while

It's so easy to judge and to call people lazy... most people would welcome a fair day's wage for a fair day's work.

And if you work real hard at it, maybe someday you can become a manager and make the really big bucks.

In fact, you can. I was raised by a single mom who managed a Hardees (thats the Southern version of Carl Jr's for you west coast guys). She started as an 18 yr old cooking for them. By 25 she was a manager, earned 55K doing it. She hated it, was a pain in the ass. But she raised 2 kids off that job until she was in her mid 30's and landed a good job in the medical field.

Of course, I suppose she could've instead just not worked and demanded government handouts. But she didn't.

I await the 99'ers to attempt the same path with these 50,000 "opportunities". Because there is a 100% chance that some of the 50,000 hired will end up in managment. Just truth of the odds that someone hired in that group will rise the chain and get paid great.

If thats the case, why are all the fast food places in my area employed by hispanics who can barely speak english? Im sure they are all legal and just doing the jobs that Americans wont do.

Not a pointed question at you, but just making a point.

You know, this is when I wish I was in journalism. Why? Because on the National Hiring Day for McDonalds, I'd get a camera crew, and at 12:00 noon, I'd go to the ghetto and trailor park, or even the suburbs and unemployment office, and interview people:

"Sir, do you have a job? No? Do you want one? Yes? Why aren't you applying for one of the 50,000 jobs being offered by one of the worlds largest, most successful companies? Why are you instead hanging out on the corner drinking beer, playing lottery tickets, and watching TV? Sir? Ma'am? Any reason?"

That news story would be classic. Answers wouldn include "I ain't workin for no $7 an hour." Or "I have a college degree in Diversity Studies, I am not working for McDonalds".

You sound like a shill for Steve Forbes.
Get real for chrissakes! Last spring in Las Vegas, 800+ people showed up the first day for jobs at one new McDonald's that was opening.
Unfortunately, that sucking sound I hear IS NOT you removing yer head from your ass.

It's not that I don't think everyone has to do an honest days' work. But let's assume one does everything you said. You can't not pay your mortgage. You can't let your credit go because if you do, you can't get more credit and the interest/payments on your existing and outstanding credit keeps going up.

Then what if there is an illness in the family while you're making these lifestyle changes?

Hint: You go bankrupt because you've lost your health insurance when you lost your job and couldn't afford the COBRA payments.

Then what?

Or what if someone is 50 and is no longer marketable? They aren't getting a job as a fry cook when the company can invest its money into an 18 year old who might stay with the company for a while

It's so easy to judge and to call people lazy... most people would welcome a fair day's wage for a fair day's work.

Have you eaten at a Chic-Fil-A lately? Have you noticed about half their staff is over 50????? Your statement is simply not true. Many companies would gladly hire a 50 year old with a better attitude and work ethic than an 18 year old. There just aren't many willing to do the work.

Anyhoo........99'ers, I await to see you all flooding McDonalds.

The real question is....why does McD's need this day? SHouldn't they already be flooded with applications from 99'ers "desperate for work"? Obvioulsy the 99'ers aren't THAT desperate for work, huh?

No, I do not. Am I entitled to that lifestyle? NO. I am not. If I lose my job, I'll adjust my lifestyle to what I am able to earn, NOT bitch and whine about why someone else should have to pay more to the gov't in order to subsidize my prior lifestyle.

Guess what? Life sucks, it's hard, and at times unfair. If you are not employed, working for McDonalds can ONLY improve your life.

Working > Not working. That equation should be among the laws of the universe.

So, your logic is that if you are UNEMPLOYED but are used to a lifestyle of earning 50K a year, then rather than swallow some ego and earn 20K a year, you'd say keep sitting on your arse and earning 0K per year out of spite and/or pride? WTF?

You're 50K lifestyle doesn't exactly come to a grinding halt when you lose your job. You most likely have a mortgage and car payment and utilities all in the pipeline and all of those obligations will expect to be paid each month just like when you had a job. When you go get a 20K job, you have 40% of what you had coming in, but the mortgage company and the bank with your car loan are not going to accept a 40% payment. Sure, they'll take it, but they still expect you to come up with the other 60%. Can you sell your house and car to get out from under them? Sure, over time.....not overnight. And if you sell your car, how are you going to get to job interviews. In fact, if you take the 20K job, is you boss going to be excited when you ask off a few hours three or four times a week to go interview for a job in hopes of finding another job that will keep you from dropping into financial ruin? Telling a person who has lost a decent paying job to go flip burgers for a little over minimum wage is a catch 22. Yes, you are making "some" money to hold the creditors at bay, but not enough to sustian it long term. And taking that less paying job prevents you from searching for a better job. By the grace of God, I've never been out of work since the day I graduated college back in 79. But I know a lot of people who have and it is never as easy as "man up and go flip burgers".

Fifty thousand new burger flipper jobs!

Whoopee!

Is that part of the "American Exceptionalism" the right is alway going on about?

You sound like a shill for Steve Forbes.
Get real for chrissakes! Last spring in Las Vegas, 800+ people showed up the first day for jobs at one new McDonald's that was opening.
Unfortunately, that sucking sound I hear IS NOT you removing yer head from your ass.

I bet 600 were Mexican. Just saying.

But we'll see. I guarantee the majority of unemployed people won't bother even picking up a McD's application. Gay-rawn-tee it.

No, I do not. Am I entitled to that lifestyle? NO. I am not. If I lose my job, I'll adjust my lifestyle to what I am able to earn, NOT bitch and whine about why someone else should have to pay more to the gov't in order to subsidize my prior lifestyle.

Guess what? Life sucks, it's hard, and at times unfair. If you are not employed, working for McDonalds can ONLY improve your life.

Working > Not working. That equation should be among the laws of the universe.

So, your logic is that if you are UNEMPLOYED but are used to a lifestyle of earning 50K a year, then rather than swallow some ego and earn 20K a year, you'd say keep sitting on your arse and earning 0K per year out of spite and/or pride? WTF?

How are people supposed to adjust when they have a mortgage that can't be paid with a minimum wage salary? Sell their house? In this market? That's just not an option in todays market for millions of people with the value of homes in the shitter. People would need to come up with 20-30k or more at closing very often just to get out from under their house. Life isn't always as simple as you'd want to make it out to be.

You know what is less than minimum wage? NO WAGE.

So, the answer is just keep sitting on a fat ass on the couch? And NOT earning any money at all? $0.00 an hour? We can't keep sustaining that.

Sure, it'd be better to have a higher paying job. But absent that chance, WHY NOT EARN WHAT YOU CAN RATHER THAN SITTING ON A FAT ASS ON THE COUCH??????????

You do realize that many companies won't hire an "over qualified" person because they know they won't be able to keep them. They'll bolt the minute they can find something making even a little bit more.

Forum List

Back