McDonalds has 50,000 job openings; To have National Hiring Day?? Why?

So you didn't say how someone should pay off their mortgage when they are making minimum wage? This is a real issue and you completely ignored it. We're talking about real world problems people have to face when making these kind of decisions. What's your solution? "Hope for better to come" isn't going to cut it with the mortgage company.

Ok, I'll answer.

I don't know how one pays a mortgage by working at McDonalds.

I do know this however: Paying a mortgage by earning $0 an hour is harder than trying to pay it earning $7 an hour. Right?

You gotta understand, the big-time jobs aren't coming anytime soon. For a while, this is all we're gonna get. So people are either gonna suck it up and earn every single $ they can find, or they are gonna whine about "That job ain't enough for me, I'm gonna stay unemployed."

Yes, it sucks. But YOU explain to me: Is it easier to pay a mortgage by earning $0 an hour or by earning $7 an hour? Simple answer one would think.

So your solution to just suck it up and work for minimum wage doesn't make sense for a lot of people. Would you work a shitty job if you were going to lose your home anyway? OR, would you not take that shitty job and look for something better that actually can come close to helping you pay your bills?

Until you can come up with a solution for people who have bills to pay, you aren't going to convince anyone that working a min. wage job makes any sense when they are just going to lose their house anyway.

They can sell their house & rent where the jobs are. Even on minimum wage you can pay rent, utilities & eat. Now that your health-care is paid for what is there left to bitch about.

So you didn't say how someone should pay off their mortgage when they are making minimum wage? This is a real issue and you completely ignored it. We're talking about real world problems people have to face when making these kind of decisions. What's your solution? "Hope for better to come" isn't going to cut it with the mortgage company.

Ok, I'll answer.

I do know this however: Paying a mortgage by earning $0 an hour is harder than trying to pay it earning $7 an hour. Right?

You gotta understand, the big-time jobs aren't coming anytime soon. For a while, this is all we're gonna get. So people are either gonna suck it up and earn every single $ they can find, or they are gonna whine about "That job ain't enough for me, I'm gonna stay unemployed."

Yes, it sucks. But YOU explain to me: Is it easier to pay a mortgage by earning $0 an hour or by earning $7 an hour? Simple answer one would think.

So your solution to just suck it up and work for minimum wage doesn't make sense for a lot of people. Would you work a shitty job if you were going to lose your home anyway? OR, would you not take that shitty job and look for something better that actually can come close to helping you pay your bills?

Until you can come up with a solution for people who have bills to pay, you aren't going to convince anyone that working a min. wage job makes any sense when they are just going to lose their house anyway.

My God, your logic is mind boggling. Your solution is too just keep on NOT WORKING?

McD's isn't asking for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They're offering a small paycheck for the willing. Earning $ is better than not earning anything.

You continue demanding I come up with a solution for all these people who have shit they can't afford any longer. Well guess what? If I had that, I'd either be president, or be getting paid millions as an economic advisor.

Wanna hear the reality? THAT SOLUTION DOESN'T EXIST.

Life sucks right now, and it's gonna for a while. So, here is the two choices, and ONLY two choices:

MY IDEA: Take the job. It sucks. It's shitty. It doesn't pay a lot. But it's a pay check. Work it 20 hours a week. Spend the rest of your days off and free time looking everywhere for something better. Pray.

YOUR IDEA: Keep NOT working. Keep looking for more work (just as I said in my idea). Pray.

So, basically, my idea and yours both include looking for better work and hoping for something better. The only difference? My idea includes actually working about 20 hours a week and earning SOMETHING which is more than nothing.

There is absolutely NO logical reason why a person earning $0 can justify refusing to work for $7 an hour. None. At all. Ever.

Ok, I'll answer.

They can sell their house & rent where the jobs are. Even on minimum wage you can pay rent, utilities & eat. Now that your health-care is paid for what is there left to bitch about.

Sell it in todays market? Do you know how many people are completely upside down on their mortgage? Many people would have to come up with 20-30k or more just to sell their house with the way values have plummeted.

Ok, I'll answer.

They are gonna say:

- They can't find a buyer
- McD's doesn't provide healthcare (they got Obamcare waiver)
- They can't afford shit on $7 an hour

So, THEIR solution in response: Keep earning $0 an hour, which I guess they find as a better option than working.

$15,080 is not much but it is a lot more than $00,000. I don't understand the I'm worth more mentality when you are not making anything. I don't like paying taxes to take care of lazy dead beats who think the world owes them a living Oh, RDD take the picture off your post it is insulting.

Sell it in todays market? Do you know how many people are completely upside down on their mortgage? Many people would have to come up with 20-30k or more just to sell their house with the way values have plummeted.

So now tax payers are responsible for everyones upside down loans & bad investments?

Ok, I'll answer.

My God, your logic is mind boggling. Your solution is too just keep on NOT WORKING?

McD's isn't asking for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They're offering a small paycheck for the willing. Earning $ is better than not earning anything.

You continue demanding I come up with a solution for all these people who have shit they can't afford any longer. Well guess what? If I had that, I'd either be president, or be getting paid millions as an economic advisor.

Life sucks right now, and it's gonna for a while. So, here is the two choices, and ONLY two choices:

MY IDEA: Take the job. It sucks. It's shitty. It doesn't pay a lot. But it's a pay check. Work it 20 hours a week. Spend the rest of your days off and free time looking everywhere for something better. Pray.

YOUR IDEA: Keep NOT working. Keep looking for more work (just as I said in my idea). Pray.

So, basically, my idea and yours both include looking for better work and hoping for something better. The only difference? My idea includes actually working about 20 hours a week and earning SOMETHING which is more than nothing.

There is absolutely NO logical reason why a person earning $0 can justify refusing to work for $7 an hour. None. At all. Ever.

This may be where I misunderstood you. Are you only talking about people who can no longer receive unemployment? If so, then I agree, people should just work to make something if unemployment is no longer an option.

But if you are advocating people give up unemployment to work at McD's for less then what they can get on unemployment, then thats where we have a difference in opinion.

When I was on unemployment, I did the calculations. I made $200 a week, not much at all. But I would of had to work 35 hours a week at McDonalds to break even. Sorry I would rather have that extra 35 hours to look for job openings.

Like I said, irresponsible to take a job at McDonalds.

I'm amazed at all the excuses people have to NOT WORK.

No matter what situation you folks throw on here, what sob story, what circumstance..........there is nothing you can say that justifies the idea that earning $0 an hour is better than earning $7 an hour. None.

How this debate is even an issue is astounding.

People trying to justify the following:

That somehow, because of their debt, it is smarter to not work than to take shitty work.

It's like the Twilight Zone.

I remember the first time I was layed off in the summer of 1978 at age 22. I had worked almost a year full time at this job and I was laid off.
But why get another job in June in Georgia?
I was amazed that I would get $115 a week for drinking beer and sitting by the pool. I did so for 4 months.
Only in America. Unemployment benefits causes more harm than good.

So now tax payers are responsible for everyones upside down loans & bad investments?
Where did I say that? I'm waiting for you to tell me how people can sell their house when they owe more then its worth. That seems to be your grand plan, right?

When I was on unemployment, I did the calculations. I made $200 a week, not much at all. But I would of had to work 35 hours a week at McDonalds to break even. Sorry I would rather have that extra 35 hours to look for job openings.

That makes you a MOOCHER.

$15,080 is not much but it is a lot more than $00,000. I don't understand the I'm worth more mentality when you are not making anything. I don't like paying taxes to take care of lazy dead beats who think the world owes them a living Oh, RDD take the picture off your post it is insulting.

If it insults you, tough. It's a picture of Jesus and a dinosaur. Lighten up, it's not Hitler raping a baby.

I was laid off last June at age 67, my unemplyment would have barley kept us afloat with my wife working, I was lucky and got a got for $50 a week more and took it. Some people said I should just stay home. I am sick and tired of people who deserve something from everyone else. You don't deserve anything, get a job and pay your way.

I love it when I hear the same old, tired, worn out argument:
"Families can not get by on $7 an hour"
Well WTF are you doing having a damn FAMILY when you CAN NOT afford to feed your damn kids?
Why is it MY resposnbility to make sure someone that is irresponsible, uneducated and a moocher to be able to raise THEIR KIDS?
I grew up when you had to PULL YOUR OWN DAMN FREIGHT.

I was laid off last June at age 67, my unemplyment would have barley kept us afloat with my wife working, I was lucky and got a got for $50 a week more and took it. Some people said I should just stay home. I am sick and tired of people who deserve something from everyone else. You don't deserve anything, get a job and pay your way.

You sir, are a great American.

This may be where I misunderstood you. Are you only talking about people who can no longer receive unemployment? If so, then I agree, people should just work to make something if unemployment is no longer an option.

But if you are advocating people give up unemployment to work at McD's for less then what they can get on unemployment, then thats where we have a difference in opinion.

Yes, I'm advocating that. Unemployment is gonna run out. When it does, they'll wish they'd taken that McD's job and tried to work their way into a manager's position. Unemployment isn't a permanent option. A job is. It's probably guaranteed that when that person's unemployment runs out, Boeing isn't gonna be waiting on them with a 70K a year job. So, why delay the inevitable? Take the job you can get, and try to work one's way up. It's called "starting over" and many people have to do it.

Could they lose their home? Maybe. Is it gonna happen eventually anyway? Probably. Just being honest. But the Job Fairy doesn't exist.

That makes you a MOOCHER.

So? Why should I give a fuck what some redneck from one of the dumbest states in America thinks? Exactly. You're opinion doesn't affect my decision making on what is the best think for me to do.

Sorry you're too stupid to take advantage.

I love it when I hear the same old, tired, worn out argument:
"Families can not get by on $7 an hour"
Well WTF are you doing having a damn FAMILY when you CAN NOT afford to feed your damn kids?
Why is it MY resposnbility to make sure someone that is irresponsible, uneducated and a moocher to be able to raise THEIR KIDS?
I grew up when you had to PULL YOUR OWN DAMN FREIGHT.

You're just racist:tongue:

New Topics

Forum List

Back