McDonalds has 50,000 job openings; To have National Hiring Day?? Why?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Apr 5, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    How is this even possible? With SO MANY people who "cant find work" out there, supposedly, and need an extra 99 weeks of unemployment, more welfare, more handouts..........I ask, WHY does McDonalds need to have a National Hiring Day to fill 50,000 openings?

The obvious libtard answer is gonna be this: "These 50,000 jobs were JUST created by McDonalds moron racist right winger!!!!!"

And thats true. McDonalds is just creating these jobs. #1) God Bless capitalism. #2) I read the article. McD's is trying to make almost all their spots 24 hours. So, they need an average 3-4 more employees per store. Thats why they're having this massive 1 day hiring event for 50,000 people.

So whats my point, you ask?

WHY do they need to have this National Hiring Day? IF, thats the BIG IF, if there are so many Ed Shultz-like "99'ers" out there desperate for work, whose ONLY hope is a government handout.......then it is obvious to me that McDonalds SHOULD ALREADY HAVE tens of thousands of applications on file!!!!! All the "99'ers" should already have applied to ANY source of income, such as McDonalds or Dominoes Pizza (Who is also hiring). These restaurants should already have thousands of qualified, hard working applicants who've been begging for work the last 2 years.

Yet, they obviously don't. While the "99'ers" whine to the unions and Ed Shultz about right wingers, evil corporations, and "no work" or no jobs...............................while that is going on, corporations like McDonalds are basically having to advertise "WORK AVAILABLE, PLEASE APPLY!!!!".

Sorry ass lazy people. GTFO the gov't nipple and get your asses to work. HOW MANY welfare queens and "99'ers" won't get off the couch to apply at McDonalds, then come whine on a message board about not having a job and how evil corporations are?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    Well said, I'm always amazed by people who sit around jobless for months when they need the money.

I'm lucky enough to have a decent job, but if I got canned and there was hypothetically only jobs like this available I'd take it rather than nothing.

If you are over-qualified, take the job, and continue your job search WHILE you have a job.

3. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Do you have a lifestyle that could be supported by McDonalds minimum wages?

4. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    No, I do not. Am I entitled to that lifestyle? NO. I am not. If I lose my job, I'll adjust my lifestyle to what I am able to earn, NOT bitch and whine about why someone else should have to pay more to the gov't in order to subsidize my prior lifestyle.

Guess what? Life sucks, it's hard, and at times unfair. If you are not employed, working for McDonalds can ONLY improve your life.

Working > Not working. That equation should be among the laws of the universe.

So, your logic is that if you are UNEMPLOYED but are used to a lifestyle of earning 50K a year, then rather than swallow some ego and earn 20K a year, you'd say keep sitting on your arse and earning 0K per year out of spite and/or pride? WTF?

5. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    It was a complete hypothetical.

However if Mcdonald's was my ONLY option than you can rest assured I'd make lifestyle changes.

6. Big Fitz

Big Fitz User Quit *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,475
    Apply for all the gubmint aid out there and increase your disposable income by 30k more than what you did making 60k. Yes I'm being ironic. But didn't Nancy Peelousy say that being on unemployment is better for the economy?

Besides, this is the flea shaking the dog. After years of "oh these are worthless jobs that can't support a family of 4 on these wages". And they're right. You can't They're starter, fill in and desperation jobs for the young, elderly and not so bright. But under W, these same jobs were derided as what they are. Under P-BO... sign of economic growth!

Think someone's desperate for good news for P-BO? He's not had much to cheer about.

7. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,824
    Great!

Just what we need: a nation of minimum wagers. That'll get this economy cranking.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    You couldn't have been more on-point.

Under GWB, the left would've cried "Bush gave tax cuts to the rich, and destoryed middle class jobs, now SEE how they are trying to funnel former middle class workers into lower class fast food jobs!!! Evil greedy rich racist repugs!!!"

Under Obama, the left declares "The economy is recovering!!! One company is hiring 50,000 new workers!! Hope! Change!"

9. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Well, if 50,000 people who were sucking money out of gov't handouts become employed, thats 50,000 less people we the taxpayer have to subsidize.

Again....Working > Not working. That should sit along beside the laws of gravity and relativity. But in a liberals mind, that equation is racist, elitist, sexist, homophobic, islamophobic, xenophobic and somehow probably cruel to trees and animals also.

10. KissMy

KissMy Free Breast Exam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,922
    You can do fine on McDonald's wages if you can walk, bike or not have to drive far to the location for work everyday. Housing is cheap & if government would stop printing money for the unemployed then utilities would also remain affordable. Unless McDonald's got a health care waiver then they will also provide you with health-care.

Dollar stores are also hiring like crazy & provide health-care to part timers.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011