McDonalds answer to $15 per hour arrives in small city America

McDonald's fast-food ordering kiosks will boost sales, analyst says

They bring your food and have less employees in the store.

Gas stations have had self serve pumps for 40 years

Were those $2.35 an hour wages too much?

You do the math, 40 years ago with inflation? Also, the gas stations are almost completely self serve, so attendants end up without work, so....
Went right over your head

Automation will occur regardless of minimum wage

Convenience stores already have kiosks to order sandwiches and the minimum wage hadn’t increased

Yet the liberal line is, no job losses at McDonald from automation. You really need to at least read the talking points.

You do the math, 40 years ago with inflation? Also, the gas stations are almost completely self serve, so attendants end up without work, so....

Convenience stores already have kiosks to order sandwiches and the minimum wage hadn’t increased

Yet the liberal line is, no job losses at McDonald from automation. You really need to at least read the talking points.
What makes you think that's the liberal line. It's the reality of the current situation.

What makes you think that's the liberal line. It's the reality of the current situation.

No it is not the current situation.

No it is not the current situation.
But it is. I've provided evidence showing that is, all you've provided is a ZH article that mentions "2,500 jobs" lost without really mentioning specifics. I provide you with an article from a more credible source showing mcdonald's pushing so hard to hire more employees they're turning to snapchat of all things.

But it is. I've provided evidence showing that is, all you've provided is a ZH article that mentions "2,500 jobs" lost without really mentioning specifics. I provide you with an article from a more credible source showing mcdonald's pushing so hard to hire more employees they're turning to snapchat of all things.

No you provided an old article that you thought was talking about 2018. I provided a McDonald's CEO with insight into the reasons the kiosk was developed AND the loss of 2,500 jobs. McDonalds is losing in the hiring game, because it is a tight job market and entry level does not deserve higher pay.

No you provided an old article that you thought was talking about 2018. I provided a McDonald's CEO with insight into the reasons the kiosk was developed AND the loss of 2,500 jobs. McDonalds is losing in the hiring game, because it is a tight job market and entry level does not deserve higher pay.
Jesus christ, YOUR SAME ARTICLE is from around the same time as the one I posted. I know damn well when the article I posted was put up. You know what's funny? The article in your OP is from June 2017. LOL.
And it literally supports my argument:
Although some analysts view touch-screen ordering as a way to reduce labor costs, McDonald's has said that's not its strategy.

"It’s not actually meant as a labor replacement," CEO Steve Easterbrook said at the company's 2016 shareholders meeting.
I'm sorry but you are so wrong it's not even worth entertaining you anymore. You try to call me out for posting information from 2017 when your OP article is from 2017. Your own article mentions that the kiosks have nothing to do with replacing labor, and I supplement this with something that is actually happening, a hiring push by McDonald's. You're literally denying reality.

Jesus christ, YOUR SAME ARTICLE is from around the same time as the one I posted. I know damn well when the article I posted was put up. You know what's funny? The article in your OP is from June 2017. LOL.
Although some analysts view touch-screen ordering as a way to reduce labor costs, McDonald's has said that's not its strategy.

"It’s not actually meant as a labor replacement," CEO Steve Easterbrook said at the company's 2016 shareholders meeting.
I'm sorry but you are so wrong it's not even worth entertaining you anymore. You try to call me out for posting information from 2017 when your OP article is from 2017. Your own article mentions that the kiosks have nothing to do with replacing labor, and I supplement this with something that is actually happening, a hiring push by McDonald's. You're literally denying reality.

My 2017 article is relevant, yours has no implications for current hiring by McDonalds.

My 2017 article is relevant, yours has no implications for current hiring by McDonalds.
LOL. My article is incredibly relevant, as is yours. Your article explicitly states that the new kiosks aren't a strategy to reduce labor costs at all, as said at a shareholder's meeting. Which makes perfect sense, considering THAT SAME YEAR they pushed to hire an additional 250,000 employees. There is absolutely no reason to think that they've begun laying off a large amount of people. It's simply not happening. Just admit you're wrong and stop peddling bullshit from ZH.

LOL. My article is incredibly relevant, as is yours. Your article explicitly states that the new kiosks aren't a strategy to reduce labor costs at all, as said at a shareholder's meeting. Which makes perfect sense, considering THAT SAME YEAR they pushed to hire an additional 250,000 employees. There is absolutely no reason to think that they've begun laying off a large amount of people. It's simply not happening. Just admit you're wrong and stop peddling bullshit from ZH.

Okay, answer me this then, what does it mean when McDonalds recruits 250,000 employees in 2017, but not 2018?

Okay, answer me this then, what does it mean when McDonalds recruits 250,000 employees in 2017, but not 2018?
Amazing. Just give up. Mcdonald's recruited 250,000 employees during that summer, and they're continuing to hire in expectation of delivery to customers, mobile ordering/etc.. Employees are needed for all of this. You are trying to argue that mcdonald's is laying off employees because of kiosks which is false considering THE CEO laid out what their goals are with the kiosks, and it has nothing to do with labor costs. Their push towards service REQUIRES more employees no matter how you look at it. You're being silly by asking such a question, you find me a mcdonald's that not hiring right now.

Show me the talking point

[
A
mazing. Just give up. Mcdonald's recruited 250,000 employees during that summer, and they're continuing to hire in expectation of delivery to customers, mobile ordering/etc.. Employees are needed for all of this. You are trying to argue that mcdonald's is laying off employees because of kiosks which is false considering THE CEO laid out what their goals are with the kiosks, and it has nothing to do with labor costs. Their push towards service REQUIRES more employees no matter how you look at it. You're being silly by asking such a question, you find me a mcdonald's that not hiring right now.

So they are recruiting less is what you're saying. Finally, a little honesty. I never used the term layoff, you simply do not replace employees that leave at the same rate. I see you had to rely on proving a negative with that last sentence, clear sign you have lost the argument.

Get off your ass and work for it.

[
A
mazing. Just give up. Mcdonald's recruited 250,000 employees during that summer, and they're continuing to hire in expectation of delivery to customers, mobile ordering/etc.. Employees are needed for all of this. You are trying to argue that mcdonald's is laying off employees because of kiosks which is false considering THE CEO laid out what their goals are with the kiosks, and it has nothing to do with labor costs. Their push towards service REQUIRES more employees no matter how you look at it. You're being silly by asking such a question, you find me a mcdonald's that not hiring right now.

So they are recruiting less is what you're saying. Finally, a little honesty. I never used the term layoff, you simply do not replace employees that leave at the same rate. I see you had to rely on proving a negative with that last sentence, clear sign you have lost the argument.
HOLY FUCK LOL.
McDonald's is still hiring employees for their service push, and will continue to do so. You would think if kiosks were meant to reduce labor costs they wouldn't have pushed to hire 250,000 employees last year right around the time they introduced them. But they did, and continue to hire, not fire, employees. You're telling me I lost the argument when I've provided ample evidence to support my claims. You want to argue that kiosks are meant to reduce labor costs, which your own fucking article points out isn't the goal. Sit the fuck down.

So the McDonalds down the street that went to all automation and now has two employees where they once had six did not actually reduce the number of employees at all! In liberal math, two is actually more than six.

So the McDonalds down the street that went to all automation and now has two employees where they once had six did not actually reduce the number of employees at all! In liberal math, two is actually more than six.
It's actually impossible for a mcdonald's to function with two employees. Either that shift was severely short staffed due to a scheduling mix up, or employees called in. That's what happens in jobs like that. You can't gauge anything from that. What do you mean by "all automation." The only automation mcdonald's has right now is kiosks, and all mcdonald's are still keeping their front counter service with registers, since the majority of customers still prefer that.

Well, you want a standard of living, they want a standard of living.

I know, I know, it was fucking great having slaves who'd work for nothing, but shit man, that time has gone.

I wasn't aware McDonald's engaged in slavery. It's odd considering that was outlawed 150 years ago.

Sigh.

Do you really not see what I did? Really? Do I really have to go and explain it like I would to a little child?

Well, you want a standard of living, they want a standard of living.

I know, I know, it was fucking great having slaves who'd work for nothing, but shit man, that time has gone.

I wasn't aware McDonald's engaged in slavery. It's odd considering that was outlawed 150 years ago.

Employers that don't pay a living wage are modern day slave owners.

Get off your ass and work for it.
As I thought

You were bluffing

McDonalds answer to $15 per hour arrives in small city America

The ones they installed around my area have already been taken out due to customers refusing to use a computer to order compared to ordering from a counter person...

Forum List

Back