McDonalds answer to $15 per hour arrives in small city America

Kiosks aren't reducing the # of employees in stores. They require more employees if anything to handle the table service and showing guests how to use the kiosks.

Toddsterpatriot since you think my post is funny bud.
Although some analysts view touch-screen ordering as a way to reduce labor costs, McDonald's has said that's not its strategy.

"It’s not actually meant as a labor replacement," CEO Steve Easterbrook said at the company's 2016 shareholders meeting. "We can just reapportion that labor into more service orientated roles that we think the customer will benefit both ways."
Charles said McDonald's could save on labor costs over time because of the kiosks but likely not initially. Instead, it allows workers to bring food to the table and complete other tasks.

"Panera saw a nice sales lift," because of kiosk ordering, Charles said. McDonald's continues to offer sales register attendants at each location.

Robots and automation are becoming ubiquitous in all industries, to try to use this as some political crap is laughable.

Speeding it up by demanding more pay than the value added to the product or service is what is tragically comic.

Although some analysts view touch-screen ordering as a way to reduce labor costs, McDonald's has said that's not its strategy.

"It’s not actually meant as a labor replacement," CEO Steve Easterbrook said at the company's 2016 shareholders meeting. "We can just reapportion that labor into more service orientated roles that we think the customer will benefit both ways."
Charles said McDonald's could save on labor costs over time because of the kiosks but likely not initially. Instead, it allows workers to bring food to the table and complete other tasks.

"Panera saw a nice sales lift," because of kiosk ordering, Charles said. McDonald's continues to offer sales register attendants at each location.

Yes, your post is funny.
McDonalds wouldn't spend big bucks on kiosks if it didn't allow them to produce more food with less labor per unit.

Yes, your post is funny.
McDonalds wouldn't spend big bucks on kiosks if it didn't allow them to produce more food with less labor per unit.
Except they did exactly that? No matter how you look at it kiosks as of right now require more labor, not less, esp. when you consider the other things McDonald's is pushing such as table service/etc while keeping their regular register attendants.

Yes, your post is funny.
Except they did exactly that? No matter how you look at it kiosks as of right now require more labor, not less, esp. when you consider the other things McDonald's is pushing such as table service/etc while keeping their regular register attendants.

Except they did exactly that?

They didn't.

No matter how you look at it kiosks as of right now require more labor

Maybe, until people learn to use them.

Yes, your post is funny.

They didn't.

Even when people learn to use them it won't matter as much as you think. The kiosks are setup so that if customers need to pay with cash they must come to a register attendant anyway, and the majority of customers won't even bother with the kiosks because the UI on the kiosks is dogshit. Idk if you've ever used one of them but it's much slower than actually ordering with someone at the register. Even if we assume every single customer uses Kiosks, which more than likely isn't going to happen for a long time, labor costs will still be around the same/higher simply because McDonald's brought in table service and a new position specifically based around dealing with the Kiosks, whether it's taking cash or explaining how to properly use them/troubleshooting.

Yes, your post is funny.

They didn't.

And until they bring out the next wave of machines.

Even when people learn to use them it won't matter as much as you think. The kiosks are setup so that if customers need to pay with cash they must come to a register attendant anyway, and the majority of customers won't even bother with the kiosks because the UI on the kiosks is dogshit. Idk if you've ever used one of them but it's much slower than actually ordering with someone at the register. Even if we assume every single customer uses Kiosks, which more than likely isn't going to happen for a long time, labor costs will still be around the same/higher simply because McDonald's brought in table service and a new position specifically based around dealing with the Kiosks, whether it's taking cash or explaining how to properly use them/troubleshooting.

Wrong they already have fewer employees and once people are trained to order, even fewer. They gave away cookies to get you to use the kiosk. Obviously they think the return is much larger.

Wrong they already have fewer employees and once people are trained to order, even fewer. They gave away cookies to get you to use the kiosk. Obviously they think the return is much larger.
What is your source on fewer employees? I know more about this than you think, and I can tell you that stores, both franchise and corporate, aren't cutting employees. If anything, they're hiring more.

What is your source on fewer employees? I know more about this than you think, and I can tell you that stores, both franchise and corporate, aren't cutting employees. If anything, they're hiring more.

Personal experience while at the store.

Nyeah. That is not happening.

Yes it is.
McDonald's to hire 250,000 employees this summer, to use Snapchat to lure millennial job seekers

Personal experience while at the store.
Your personal experience as a customer at one store? You can't use that as evidence McDonald's stores are cutting employees and not hiring more. If we get to use that as evidence, i'll throw in the local McDonald's near me that are all hiring 24/7 at higher starting wages than surrounding entry level jobs.

Your personal experience as a customer at one store? You can't use that as evidence McDonald's stores are cutting employees and not hiring more. If we get to use that as evidence, i'll throw in the local McDonald's near me that are all hiring 24/7 at higher starting wages than surrounding entry level jobs.

Sure I can use that as a source. The increased wages will result in more kiosks, :lol: McDonalds IS an entry level job. You really don't know much about this subject.

McDonald's fast-food ordering kiosks will boost sales, analyst says

They bring your food and have less employees in the store.

Well, you want a standard of living, they want a standard of living.

I know, I know, it was fucking great having slaves who'd work for nothing, but shit man, that time has gone.

And now they have no jobs other than low paying back breaking manual labor. Thanks asshole, now you're going to make them really have to work.....prick!

Yes it is.
McDonald's to hire 250,000 employees this summer, to use Snapchat to lure millennial job seekers

That's nice to see. Now, if they just went back to grilling hamburgers instead of the dry microwave pucks, the extra service might increase customer visits.

Forum List

Back