McConnell Warns ‘Unacceptable’ GOP Candidates Could Spoil The Fun For Everyone

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
"There’s still plenty of room for error, especially when your hopes might have to hinge on someone who insists you call him by his TV character name (Dr. Oz) or someone who may not know what cocaine is (Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC)).

During an event in Kentucky today, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) voiced plenty of muted optimism about his party’s chances of taking back the Senate in the fall, nodding at an oft-cited, ironclad rule of American politics — the party in the White House will almost certainly lose ground in the Midterms.

“From an atmospheric point of view, it’s a perfect storm of problems for the Democrats,” McConnell mused on Tuesday, according to The Hill, before acknowledging that Republicans haven’t always done as well as they could have, especially when a few “unacceptable” folks get in the way.

“How could you screw this up? It’s actually possible. And we’ve had some experience with that in the past,” he said. “In the Senate, if you look at where we have to compete in order to get into a majority, there are places that are competitive in the general election. So you can’t nominate somebody who’s just sort of unacceptable to a broader group of people and win. We had that experience in 2010 and 2012.”

The number of unacceptable candidates almost being too numerous to count. Cawthorn, Boebert, Greene, Gohmert, Cruz, Jordan, being among the most obvious ones. But what about these guys?

In Walker's case, a turbulent past being a euphemism for multiple personality disorder and holding a gun to his ex-wife's head. Grossman has said she was long a victim of Walker’s impulses. When his book was released, she told ABC News that at one point during their marriage, her husband pointed a pistol at her head and said, “I’m going to blow your f’ing brains out.” She filed for divorce in 2001, citing “physically abusive and extremely threatening behavior.”

Buy hey, mental disorders, committing acts of physical abuse, belief in QAnon, prior arrests, espousing lunacy, these are features.......not bugs........for today's POT (Party of Trump). That's what follows when the leader of your party is an adulterous, lying, incompetent, self-serving, fraudulent, traitorous criminal who has been gaslighting the country for years.

Now you unhinged crackpots are taking your cues and yammering points from one of the most universally detested jackasses in the Senate?!?

Mental disorders you say?!?

OrewllLulz.jpg

If you try harder, you just might be able to say something that doesn't make you appear to be a halfwit.
BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Under virtually any other circumstance, lunatics like would be hating on McTurtle with the heat of thousand suns.....And I'm the "halfwit" for pointing out this obvious truth?

PeschiMutha.jpg

"There’s still plenty of room for error, especially when your hopes might have to hinge on someone who insists you call him by his TV character name (Dr. Oz) or someone who may not know what cocaine is (Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC)).

During an event in Kentucky today, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) voiced plenty of muted optimism about his party’s chances of taking back the Senate in the fall, nodding at an oft-cited, ironclad rule of American politics — the party in the White House will almost certainly lose ground in the Midterms.

“From an atmospheric point of view, it’s a perfect storm of problems for the Democrats,” McConnell mused on Tuesday, according to The Hill, before acknowledging that Republicans haven’t always done as well as they could have, especially when a few “unacceptable” folks get in the way.

“How could you screw this up? It’s actually possible. And we’ve had some experience with that in the past,” he said. “In the Senate, if you look at where we have to compete in order to get into a majority, there are places that are competitive in the general election. So you can’t nominate somebody who’s just sort of unacceptable to a broader group of people and win. We had that experience in 2010 and 2012.”

The number of unacceptable candidates almost being too numerous to count. Cawthorn, Boebert, Greene, Gohmert, Cruz, Jordan, being among the most obvious ones. But what about these guys?

In Walker's case, a turbulent past being a euphemism for multiple personality disorder and holding a gun to his ex-wife's head. Grossman has said she was long a victim of Walker’s impulses. When his book was released, she told ABC News that at one point during their marriage, her husband pointed a pistol at her head and said, “I’m going to blow your f’ing brains out.” She filed for divorce in 2001, citing “physically abusive and extremely threatening behavior.”

Buy hey, mental disorders, committing acts of physical abuse, belief in QAnon, prior arrests, espousing lunacy, these are features.......not bugs........for today's POT (Party of Trump). That's what follows when the leader of your party is an adulterous, lying, incompetent, self-serving, fraudulent, traitorous criminal who has been gaslighting the country for years.
Republicans have repeatedly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I have full faith in them for doing so

But ya never know, crazy things some times happen.

Exactly what fun is he alluding to? More obstruction of an agenda popular with a majority of Americans? One they voted for when they threw the Orange Messiah out of the WH?

Republicans have repeatedly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I have full faith in them for doing so

But ya never know, crazy things some times happen.
With inflation persisting, and inflicting real financial pain on millions of Americans, I have no doubt Repubs will take back Congress. My point is the party is infested with crackpots and lunatics with no interest or ability in making the country a better place to live in.

With inflation persisting, and inflicting real financial pain on millions of Americans, I have no doubt Repubs will take back Congress. My point is the party is infested with crackpots and lunatics with no interest or ability in making the country a better place to live in.
The country and the world were much better places to live with TRUMP in--------FAR BETTER.

Forum List

Back