McConnell Acceptance Speech

It's something to hear McConnell start talking about cooperation now, when he and the rest of the GOP engineered their win with a systematic strategy of non-cooperation.
They controlled the senate? Where have you been?

The GOP minority in the Senate systematically obstructed the Obama administration to make sure it appeared that Obama couldn't accomplish anything
It's something to hear McConnell start talking about cooperation now, when he and the rest of the GOP engineered their win with a systematic strategy of non-cooperation.
You're really dumb enough to believe that, huh?

When did the Republicans in the Senate NOT obstruct Obama in the last 6 years?

Go ahead, prove me wrong, big talker.
Easy peasy.....Dems cry 8216 obstructionists 8217 while House passed over 350 bills that sit on Harry Reid 8217 s desk - BizPac Review

Can you follow?

A politician who does not understand the self-inflicted damage he endured when he admitted that the GOP strategy of obstructionism was designed to make Barack Obama a one-term president, is unlikely to discern all the negatives that contributed to the emergence of a Republican challenging him from the right.
Yeah, he fucked himself so bad he's going to be the Senate majority leader.

LOL.

Pretty title doesn't mean he can or will do the job.

Boehner hasn't done his job - unless his title is Head Alcoholic, Chain-Smoking, Golf Pro.

The GOP minority in the Senate systematically obstructed the Obama administration to make sure it appeared that Obama couldn't accomplish anything

And, Obama has accomplished some pretty amazing and very positive things for the country - in spite of them.

McConnell faces the same problem Boehner faced.

He will be unable to get any agreement in his own party and will accomplish nothing. He will have Ted Cruz to thank

Democrats can be thankful for Republicans being too stupid and divided to exploit their victory.

Democrats were too stupid and too busy dividing this country to run it properly.

Sooner rather than later McConnell is going to tell Cruz to sit down and shut the fuck up so the adults can get some work done. If he doesn't then he might just as well cry and turn orange because he'll be just as effective as Boehner.
McConnell cannot get anything done without Cruz and his friends on the right. And btw get used to saying "President Cruz".
Why? He will nevet win. Im a conservative fyi.

So many suckers for Pub con men's mindless obstruction and pander to the greedy idiot rich drivel. Plenty of Dems too, who are too lazy to show up in off years.

Kudos also to "librul" lol corporate media for never daring to explain the 2008 meltdown, O-Care, or the actual truth on anything.

Let's see them bring up those House bills so you hater dupes can see the bs propaganda , wrecking pollution and worker rights laws they're all about.

Cruz/Paul 2016!

The pubs said that 'compromise means doing it their way' and it was McConnell who declared war on Obama the night he was first elected. All they do obstruct, filibuster and Do Nothing.

Keeping people down, giving more money to the 1% and Doing Nothing is the Repub platform.
"We've got the votes, fuck 'em"-Rahm Emanuel.
Remind me how Obama wanted to work with the GOP.

Are radical lefties so disorganized that they pin their hopes on a freaking feud between McConnell and Cruz? Joni Ernst is my new political hero. She is smart, conservative and attractive. Everything the left despises in a woman. As far as I know she is the only winner who noted that she lives in the "greatest Country" in the world.

That's the Tea Party hope, not what real Americans hope for.

well the Tea Party didn't work out so well for them so now it's back to TED CRUZ ted cruz ted cruz ted cruz...they NEVER do learn the people said last night, shut the hell up

Considering just about every political ad I saw by the GOP/their PACs, mentioned Obama and tied Obama to the Democratic candidate tells me why the GOP did so well. The GOP ran against Obama much like the Dems used "W" in their 2006 and 2008 ad campaigns. In 2006 and 2008 it worked for the Dems, the GOP wouldn't have done as well if they had not used the same approach. (thank God those t-political ads are over for a few months).
So what have we learned from all this? Both political parties need to find better candidates and more qualified candidates to run for president. Our last two presidents have been used for political gain by the opposing party. If Bush and Obama had been competent this tactic wouldn't have been used in the last three elections. And that's what "the people said" in the last three elections.
What?
Those candidates for the Dems voted with Obama over 90% of the time. Obama himself said they supported his agenda and were with him. It was a legitimate referendum on Democrat policies over the last 4-6 years. And the voters soundly rejected it.
Except Obama hasnt gotten the memo and today said he didnt think his agenda had been rejecetd.

As the GOP has controlled the House for the last four years, I think a more accurate statement would be, "It was a legitimate referendum on Obama's policies over the last six years".
And 2006 (and 2008) wasn't a referendum of the GOP policies and the GOP president? The Dems didn't use the "running-against-Bush" approach in 2006 and 2008?
This election year was Déjà vu of 2006. Because both parties are guilty of misreading public sentiment and go about shoving their ideology's concept what's good for America down our throats because they think they got a referendum, this whole thing will happen again. Book it.
You are right: 2006 and 08 were referenda on GOP policies. The GOP got bitchslapped in 2006 because they started acting like Democrats, giving away the store. They should have learned their lesson but didnt and suffered huge defeats.
Now the Dems are experiencing the same thing. Obamacare is not actually Obama's program. Congressional Democrats dreamed up that monster. Dodd Frank the same thing. They're all in it together and there isnt any difference between the Dems and Obama. Even the "blue dog" Democrats threw in the towel and capitulated.
Now the GOP has made a very strong showing. If that isnt a mandate I dont know what is. Roll back spending. Roll back taxation. Roll back regulation. Open more markets. That's what voters want.
THe question will be, since many Democrats actually feel the same way will Obama simply obstruct Congress? I'll bet the answer is yes.

It really doesn't matter if McConnell wants to work with the President or not.......the right wing will prevent him.
Actually Obama will prevent him/
Obama is incapable of working with anyone whose opinions deviates from his own. When they needed to hammer out a budget agreement the Congressmen had to ask Obama to leave the room because he was too disruptive. Obama had to send Biden, who knows how to do these things, to get it done.

Easy peasy.....Dems cry 8216 obstructionists 8217 while House passed over 350 bills that sit on Harry Reid 8217 s desk - BizPac Review

Can you follow?

Putting fort bills you KNOW are so partisan they have no chance of being signed into law is still obstructionism.

Really cab, you mean like Harry Reid not passing any legislation allowing Obama not to have to answer for any choices? I think Obamacare was the last thing he passed...

Can you follow?

Putting fort bills you KNOW are so partisan they have no chance of being signed into law is still obstructionism.
Not the case. But nice try :rolleyes:

Reid was covering for Obama and feeding the dishonest (outright lies)narrative of Republican Party of no.

It really doesn't matter if McConnell wants to work with the President or not.......the right wing will prevent him.
Actually Obama will prevent him/
Obama is incapable of working with anyone whose opinions deviates from his own. When they needed to hammer out a budget agreement the Congressmen had to ask Obama to leave the room because he was too disruptive. Obama had to send Biden, who knows how to do these things, to get it done.

Is that what your inside sources tell you?

I'm watching Mitch McConnell's press conference right now; again nice sounding words and promises he can't deliver because he'll never build a consensus within his own party.

Forum List

Back