McConnell Acceptance Speech

It really doesn't matter if McConnell wants to work with the President or not.......the right wing will prevent him.
Actually Obama will prevent him/
Obama is incapable of working with anyone whose opinions deviates from his own. When they needed to hammer out a budget agreement the Congressmen had to ask Obama to leave the room because he was too disruptive. Obama had to send Biden, who knows how to do these things, to get it done.

Is that what your inside sources tell you?
No, idiot. I read newspapers and articles. Try it sometimes.
National news from McClatchy DC News Washington DC

It really doesn't matter if McConnell wants to work with the President or not.......the right wing will prevent him.
Obama is incapable of working with anyone whose opinions deviates from his own. When they needed to hammer out a budget agreement the Congressmen had to ask Obama to leave the room because he was too disruptive. Obama had to send Biden, who knows how to do these things, to get it done.

And you can read too! Who knew?

And you can read too! Who knew?
Yeah I learned in 1st grade. TOo bad you had left school by then.

It's something to hear McConnell start talking about cooperation now, when he and the rest of the GOP engineered their win with a systematic strategy of non-cooperation.
They controlled the senate? Where have you been?

The GOP minority in the Senate systematically obstructed the Obama administration to make sure it appeared that Obama couldn't accomplish anything
It's something to hear McConnell start talking about cooperation now, when he and the rest of the GOP engineered their win with a systematic strategy of non-cooperation.
You're really dumb enough to believe that, huh?

When did the Republicans in the Senate NOT obstruct Obama in the last 6 years?

Go ahead, prove me wrong, big talker.
Easy peasy.....Dems cry 8216 obstructionists 8217 while House passed over 350 bills that sit on Harry Reid 8217 s desk - BizPac Review

Can you follow?

Putting fort bills you KNOW are so partisan they have no chance of being signed into law is still obstructionism.

Sort of like the protest bills the Dems sent to Bush's desk starting in January 07'.

Last edited:
You are right: 2006 and 08 were referenda on GOP policies. The GOP got bitchslapped in 2006 because they started acting like Democrats, giving away the store. They should have learned their lesson but didnt and suffered huge defeats.
Now the Dems are experiencing the same thing. Obamacare is not actually Obama's program. Congressional Democrats dreamed up that monster. Dodd Frank the same thing. They're all in it together and there isnt any difference between the Dems and Obama. Even the "blue dog" Democrats threw in the towel and capitulated.
Now the GOP has made a very strong showing. If that isnt a mandate I dont know what is. Roll back spending. Roll back taxation. Roll back regulation. Open more markets. That's what voters want.
THe question will be, since many Democrats actually feel the same way will Obama simply obstruct Congress? I'll bet the answer is yes.

I think that you're partly right, that people don't agree with that Obama and the Dems have been doing. But i also think a big part of it was that people want the two parties to check each other and work together. Rauner won the governer's seat last night in Illinois (woot woot!) and said that the people elected a democratic congress and a republican governer so that it indicates that they clearly want the two groups to work together and come up with solutions that's best for everyone.

This is a mirror images of 2006 and the dem's parlayed that into huge wins in 2008, then proceeded to shove the republicans aside using the same logic you presented above: "the public wants all our far left ideas instituted." No they don't, they moreso just didn't want the republicans to keep doing what they were doing and they only had one other option.

Hopefully enough of these fucking idiots on both side can recognize this and actually work together to find common ground. It shouldn't be as hard as it seems to be for them.

The GOP minority in the Senate systematically obstructed the Obama administration to make sure it appeared that Obama couldn't accomplish anything

Easy peasy.....Dems cry 8216 obstructionists 8217 while House passed over 350 bills that sit on Harry Reid 8217 s desk - BizPac Review

Can you follow?

Putting fort bills you KNOW are so partisan they have no chance of being signed into law is still obstructionism.

Sort of like the protest bills the Dems sent to Bush's desk starting in January 07'.

The Democrats got a minimum wage hike out of Bush and the GOP in 2007.

Can you follow?

And that solved all the problems of income inequality etc, right?

Can you follow?

Yeah, this is what happens when you try to work with Democrats.

They fuck you.

The Dems have had 8 years to work with the right so the people fired them and hired someone else.

yes they did, the people gave a warning to Democrats in 2010 when they took away the house from them and DID THEY LEARN. nope

so they got their ass handed to them for it and now all whining and excuse will commence. as we see

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

and Rafael sat in front of his tv wearing an evil, wicked grin ... "Keep talking Turtleboy, I'm your new Cuban Daddy"

LOL

Shouldn't have been that close. I mean, why are any Kentuckians still voting Communist/Democrat? Makes no sense. I think it shows that McConnell isn't very popular in his own Party. He needs to get back to Conservatism. He needs to drop the RINO shtick.

The pubs said that 'compromise means doing it their way' and it was McConnell who declared war on Obama the night he was first elected. All they do obstruct, filibuster and Do Nothing.

Keeping people down, giving more money to the 1% and Doing Nothing is the Repub platform.
"We've got the votes, fuck 'em"-Rahm Emanuel.
Remind me how Obama wanted to work with the GOP.
Here's the one google hit for that. Typical- hater dupe has one imaginary quote as proof against MANY examples of Pub intransigence and total refusal of any kind of compromise. AND your arrogant celebration of same. Hater dupes are ridiculous people lol...

1. VOTE - Page 2 - Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
    bcforum.editboard.com/t3358p15-vote
    Nov 7, 2012 - 15 posts - ‎3 authors
    ... Obamacare in the early days, his chief of staff Rohm Emanuel (now the wonderful mayor of Chicago) said "We've got the votes. Fuck'em."

Your link says no such thing, in fact says GOP leaders are hypocrites and have no control over their own party in getting them to compromise...Jeebus you're a liar lol...

Shouldn't have been that close. I mean, why are any Kentuckians still voting Communist/Democrat? Makes no sense. I think it shows that McConnell isn't very popular in his own Party. He needs to get back to Conservatism. He needs to drop the RINO shtick.
In other news, most pundits are saying you TPers are getting blown out of power in the GOP- back to the short bus for you...quite a shame lol...

In other news, most pundits are saying you TPers are getting blown out of power in the GOP- back to the short bus for you...quite a shame lol...

Franco the illiterate liberal cant say anything intelligent against TP so he plays the clown. Its very meaningful dear.

Franco the illiterate liberal cant say anything intelligent against TP so he plays the clown. Its very meaningful dear.
He's right about that. They want to nutjobs to keep it down, but they won't have any luck in a 24-hour-news cycle.

Forum List

Back