McCain supporters, where's his substance?

It usually helps if you wait more than 14 mins for people to respond to you before you worry that no one will.

As for substance with McCain:

1)Good pro-life record
2)Good record on fighting pork and spending.
3)Opposes raising taxes.
4)Good record on military matters - Ex. The Surge
5)Good head about him on foreign policy matters - Ex. Russia/Georgia conflict.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. I'm sure I could come up with more if I wanted. I am far from a gung ho McCain supporter and I have strong disagreements with him on a number of issues. But it really is a no brainer to come up with areas he is strong on substance wise.

McCain has a lot of substance as far as I'm concerned. He definitely showed it on Saturday night a the Civil Forum.

1) He's for lowering everyone's taxes, as apposed to dividing us up into "rich" & "non-rich"

2) He's pro-life, and he actually answered the question, whereas, Obama did a tap-dance and copped out with "That's beyond my pay grade." I suppose allowing people to "play God" with abortion isn't "beyond his pay grade."

3) Accomplishing our objective in Iraq with victory instead of the "cut & run" offered up by the left is substinative.

... just off the top ...

Remember that tax break sent us a few yrs ago? What yr was that? 2003? That was all you got. The rich got bigger tax breaks every yr after that. You got shit.

Under Obama you'll get more. Unless you make $250k.

How nice MCcain promises tax breaks for everyone, all while occupying iraq, iran and russia. Mccains plan doesn't add up.

So Mccain is for taking womens right to choose, huh? Funny he didn't have that postion in the past, back in 2000. He took the oposite view of bush, so he was pro choice. Sounds like a flip flop.
Victory in iraq? The oil companies and defense companies have "won" enough of our tax dollars. Nothing we can do about bush turning iran shiite. Now we can't keep iran out. You can't continue to get tax breaks and stay in iraq. ps. iraq has a $90 billion surplus while we pay the war for profit guys. The gop bankrupted the country. Dems spend, but boy do republicans spend!

1)Good pro-life record
3)Opposes raising taxes.

Didn't you speak generally? Where is your substance.

Do you even realize Rove is running mccain's campaign? The same guy that said mccain fathered his adopted kid from a black woman and that's why cindy mccain got adicted to oxycotton. The same guy who spread that now works for mccain. Back in 2000 mccain said there is a special place in hell for people like that. now he's working with the devil.

You don't want to hear substance. With substance I can prove they stole the last two elections. I can prove they lied us into iraq, and keep us there because they are at war for profit. with substance I can prove they politicized washington. I can prove mccain is a big time flip flopper.

no, you better stick to generalities.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. I'm sure I could come up with more if I wanted. I am far from a gung ho McCain supporter and I have strong disagreements with him on a number of issues. But it really is a no brainer to come up with areas he is strong on substance wise.

the end

///so if we stay until we 'win' (which will take ? long), what exactly will we have 'won?'

Well, what did we win in Japan? Germany? Korea? The last 2 of which we STILL have troops stationed. ... The answer of course is a LASTING PEACE and a strong ally.

Contrast this with Vietnam where all we have are painful memories and hard lessons learned.
Me thinks the war in Korea is still going on. I'd try to stay away from using that one as an example.

So, you want lasting peace and a strong ally.. if we go bankrupt financing this war, why would they want us as an ally?

I don't remember the Iraqis asking us to invade them. If I recall, a lot of them hated that we were there, even if we did get rid of Saddam Hussein for them.

but i thought we would be greated as liberators! freeing them from the evil saddam and granting them democracy! and that they would rise up and seize the chance to be free

Yep, the end because he's correct and you lose, right?

Do you even realize Rove is running mccain's campaign? The same guy that said mccain fathered his adopted kid from a black woman and that's why cindy mccain got adicted to oxycotton. The same guy who spread that now works for mccain. Back in 2000 mccain said there is a special place in hell for people like that. now he's working with the devil.

You don't want to hear substance. With substance I can prove they stole the last two elections. I can prove they lied us into iraq, and keep us there because they are at war for profit. with substance I can prove they politicized washington. I can prove mccain is a big time flip flopper.

no, you better stick to generalities.

McCain on healthcare: Wear more sunblock

McCain on Oil: Give the oil companies more land and hope for the best

McCain on alternative energy: Give someone a prize if they come up with a battery car or something better.

McCain on middle east: War war and more War.

How old are you? Do you ever provide facts? Do you ever add anything to a conversation?

How old are you? Do you ever provide facts? Do you ever add anything to a conversation?

Don't attack me bitch.

In 1972, Charles Keating began to work for American Financial Corporation, a company involved in insurance and banking. Four years later he moved to Phoenix, Arizona to run the real estate firm American Continental Corporation, a spin-off of American Financial Corp. (GUYS, DO YOU SEE A CONNECTION TO THIS STORY WITH TODAY’S PROBLEMS WE ARE HAVING WITH OUR BANKS AND REAL ESTATE?)
In 1984, American Continental Corporation bought Lincoln Savings. Such savings and loan associations had been deregulated in the early 1980s, allowing them the opportunity to make highly risky investments with their depositors’ money, an opportunity of which Keating took advantage.
Some regulators noted the danger posed by these deregulations and pushed for more oversight, but Congress refused. (SO MCCAIN REFUSED OVERSITE, JUST LIKE TODAY THEY REFUSED TO REGULATE THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY AND THE SUB PRIME FIASCO HAPPENED?)
This may be due, in part, to the Keating Five, five Senators — Dennis DeConcini, Alan Cranston, John Glenn, Don Riegle and John McCain — who had received, for both themselves and for groups they supported, well over $1 million from Keating in the 1980s as favors and political contributions.[1] They later met twice with regulators who were investigating American Continental Corporation, in an attempt to end the investigation. (In 1991, they would be rebuked to various degrees by the Senate Ethics Committee.)[2]

It usually helps if you wait more than 14 mins for people to respond to you before you worry that no one will.

1)Good pro-life record
3)Opposes raising taxes.

1. 10:40 to 11:54 is more than 14 minutes, genius.

2. He flip flopped on pro-life. Obama doesn't have a clear stance because it's not a clear issue. I don't have a clear stance because I don't feel the need to tell woman what they can and can't do, and I don't try to play god with government and decide what's human and what's not.

3. He opposes raising taxes, in what way? He claims to balance our budget AND continue the war, without raising taxes? I'd like to see a shread of substance behind this claim of his.

4. The only wars he's associated with are losing efforts. He has shown to be the lesser of the two on foreign policy. What substance do you believe he brings to the table? He was correct on the surge, but Obama was correct on the war.

5. How can you say he has a good head about the Russia/Georgia conflict?

//2. He flip flopped on pro-life. Obama doesn't have a clear stance because it's not a clear issue. I don't have a clear stance because I don't feel the need to tell woman what they can and can't do, and I don't try to play god with government and decide what's human and what's not.

If John McCain flip-flopped on the abortion issue, at least he is now in the right side. Not only is he pro-life, but he was without hesitation, unlike Obama who hem-hawed and avoided the question about when a "human" should be granted human rights.

What women can and can't do??? We have all kinds of laws in this society telling us what we can and cannot do. Don't be rediculous! Are you for allowing individuals (women or men) the "right" to kill humans?

Playing God with the government?? What's human and what's not?? Have you ever had a biology class? How about a health class? The various stages of HUMAN development within the womb are quite clear and clearer all the time. If you didn't know that an embryo or fetus was human, what the hell did you think it was? Did you think it was a dog? ... a chicken? ... a horse?

And thus you have the stupidity of the "pro-choice" argument. In order for you to cling to your point, you have to play dumb and deny simple biology.

Last edited:
1. 10:40 to 11:54 is more than 14 minutes, genius.

2. He flip flopped on pro-life. Obama doesn't have a clear stance because it's not a clear issue. I don't have a clear stance because I don't feel the need to tell woman what they can and can't do, and I don't try to play god with government and decide what's human and what's not.

3. He opposes raising taxes, in what way? He claims to balance our budget AND continue the war, without raising taxes? I'd like to see a shread of substance behind this claim of his.

4. The only wars he's associated with are losing efforts. He has shown to be the lesser of the two on foreign policy. What substance do you believe he brings to the table? He was correct on the surge, but Obama was correct on the war.

5. How can you say he has a good head about the Russia/Georgia conflict?

McCain said, "i know how to win wars". What war did he win? And how unpatriotic is it that he has held on to this information all this time just because he doesn't like Bush. Will he tell us his secret if he doesn't win?

He crashed 5 airplanes when he was a pilot.

And he got caught and sang like a song bird when he was a POW.

I swear, everyone now a days is a hero.

I wonder how green McCain's houses are? They bitch about Al Gore's eco unfriendly home. I wonder what damage McCain's home does to the environment.

McCain fathered a black baby too by the way. Says he adopted the kid but those papers were forged. He has friends in high places that can do that.

//2. He flip flopped on pro-life. Obama doesn't have a clear stance because it's not a clear issue. I don't have a clear stance because I don't feel the need to tell woman what they can and can't do, and I don't try to play god with government and decide what's human and what's not.

If John McCain flip-flopped on the abortion issue, at least he is now in the right side. Not only is he pro-life, but he was without hesitation, unlike Obama who hem-hawed and avoided the question about when a "human" should be granted human rights.

OMG, he was without hesitation! And he was right! Seriously Roet, there is not clear cut correct answer to the abortion issue.
What women can and can't do??? We have all kinds of laws in this society telling us what we can and cannot do. Don't be rediculous! Are you for allowing individuals (women or men) the "right" to kill humans?

I don't favor murder. Now a murder is the death of a human. We don't know when a human diverges from just cells.

Playing God with the government?? What's human and what's not?? Have you ever had a biology class? How about a health class? The various stages of HUMAN development within the womb are quite clear and clearer all the time. If you didn't know that an embryo or fetus was human, what the hell did you think it was? Did you think it was a dog? ... a chicken? ... a horse?

And thus you have the stupidity of the "pro-choice" argument. In order for you to cling to your point, you have to play dumb and deny simple biology.

Yes, I've had a biology class before. I actually conduct research in marine biology and am pursuing a phd eventually. My knowledge in sexual reproduction is extensive enough to teach me that there is no known point where cells become a human.

I don't think anyone on this board is a die hard McCain fan... It's just that between him, and someone who I know will kill the economy and take more of my money away I choose McCain.
and don't forget the judges. we don't need another pinhead making up law

McCain said, "i know how to win wars". What war did he win? And how unpatriotic is it that he has held on to this information all this time just because he doesn't like Bush. Will he tell us his secret if he doesn't win?

He crashed 5 airplanes when he was a pilot.

And he got caught and sang like a song bird when he was a POW.

I swear, everyone now a days is a hero.

FWIW, I'm not. My father was though.

Sadly, neither of us are running this year.

I have two relatives who have been in Vietnam and shared with me encounters they faced. Question is what experience does Obama have? He have never been in a war and could never understand what it means to be in a battle. I also do not understand how Obama can promise change when he is going to bed with Biden who is old school.

Is Obama a Biden pupit? Just a question.

Last edited:
Don't attack me bitch.

In 1972, Charles Keating began to work for American Financial Corporation, a company involved in insurance and banking. Four years later he moved to Phoenix, Arizona to run the real estate firm American Continental Corporation, a spin-off of American Financial Corp. (GUYS, DO YOU SEE A CONNECTION TO THIS STORY WITH TODAY’S PROBLEMS WE ARE HAVING WITH OUR BANKS AND REAL ESTATE?)
In 1984, American Continental Corporation bought Lincoln Savings. Such savings and loan associations had been deregulated in the early 1980s, allowing them the opportunity to make highly risky investments with their depositors’ money, an opportunity of which Keating took advantage.
Some regulators noted the danger posed by these deregulations and pushed for more oversight, but Congress refused. (SO MCCAIN REFUSED OVERSITE, JUST LIKE TODAY THEY REFUSED TO REGULATE THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY AND THE SUB PRIME FIASCO HAPPENED?)
This may be due, in part, to the Keating Five, five Senators — Dennis DeConcini, Alan Cranston, John Glenn, Don Riegle and John McCain — who had received, for both themselves and for groups they supported, well over $1 million from Keating in the 1980s as favors and political contributions.[1] They later met twice with regulators who were investigating American Continental Corporation, in an attempt to end the investigation. (In 1991, they would be rebuked to various degrees by the Senate Ethics Committee.)[2]

God you are stupid the lead investigator stated the only reason they investigated MCcain was due to the fact, if not the investigation would have been solely about Democrats....:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back