McCain supporters, where's his substance?

God you are stupid the lead investigator stated the only reason they investigated MCcain was due to the fact, if not the investigation would have been solely about Democrats....:cuckoo:

Right...

Have you ever been to the Phoenician Hotel in Scottsdale?

Right...

The report also said that McCain's "actions were not improper nor attended with gross negligence and did not reach the level of requiring institutional action against him....Senator McCain has violated no law of the United States or specific Rule of the United States Senate."[20]
Keating Five - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I bet you hate it when the truth gets in the way of your lies.....:eusa_whistle:

The report also said that McCain's "actions were not improper nor attended with gross negligence and did not reach the level of requiring institutional action against him....Senator McCain has violated no law of the United States or specific Rule of the United States Senate."[20]
Keating Five - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I bet you hate it when the truth gets in the way of your lies.....:eusa_whistle:

Substance is another one of those rhetorical terms that have no real meaning. Most people who see substance in McCain are simply republicans partisans. It is in the eye of the beholder. Mic has flip flopped so much to gain the far right's support a person genuinely concerned with this vague quality would have to say substance is changing your mind and thus your values to pacify the single issues fools who brought us Cheney/Bush.

Just for the exercise would a man of genuine substance abandon the wife who raised his kids, suffered a terrible accident, and then marry money for power. If the partisans can answer yes, what can one then say about substance.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering. McCain has sold his soul for the candidacy.

Substance is another one of those rhetorical terms that have no real meaning. Most people who see substance in McCain are simply republicans partisans. It is in the eye of the beholder. Mic has flip flopped so much to gain the far right's support a person genuinely concerned with this vague quality would have to say substance is changing your mind and thus your values to pacify the single issues fools who brought us Cheney/Bush.

Just for the exercise would a man of genuine substance abandon the wife who raised his kids, suffered a terrible accident, and then marry money for power. If the partisans can answer yes, what can one then say about substance.
A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering. McCain has sold his soul for the candidacy.

Would anybody but a partisan :ahole-1: think that someone's failed marriage that happened years ago think that it has anything to do with the issues of today?

We are now 4 pages deep into this thread, and there is maybe 1 post concerning McCain's substance. I think this accurately reflects McCain's campaign. He has no more substance than a twinkie, yet somehow millions are fooled into believe Obama is not worthy because he's inexperienced and all-talk.

It's nobody's business. Unless, of course, they lie about it in court; or use public funds to pay off a whore.

We are now 4 pages deep into this thread, and there is maybe 1 post concerning McCain's substance. I think this accurately reflects McCain's campaign. He has no more substance than a twinkie, yet somehow millions are fooled into believe Obama is not worthy because he's inexperienced and all-talk.

It's the tried and true lib tactic....take the accusation that is most worrisome and truthful about your own candidate, then accuse the other candidate of it so it doesn't seem so bad.

Would anybody but a partisan think that someone's failed marriage that happened years ago think that it has anything to do with the issues of today?

But this is about substance and substance as I understand the concept involves your behaviors and values. If you read about the so called bad marriage, your excuse shows you up as the hypocrite.

Politicati: McCain Left His Crippled Wife for a 25 Year-Old - Politics, News and more from the Democratic Mind of Politicati

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

It's the tried and true lib tactic....take the accusation that is most worrisome and truthful about your own candidate, then accuse the other candidate of it so it doesn't seem so bad.

How is that relevant at all? I know you are probably the lowest IQ poster on here, but you're still smart enough to know that you sound like an asshat when you say "lib tactic".

Anyways AB. You're voting McCain this year. Tell me about his "substance".

Lol. Now you're just reverting to Kindergarten tactics, like Dr. Grump. He can't think of anything intelligent to say on the boards, so he just sends me private messages about how fat and stupid I am.

McCain served his country honorably for years. That gives him more substance than Obama can even dream about. Though obviously, not everyone can be a war hero. But if you just want to talk substance, there it is. Proof positive that he's brave, and tough, and puts honor and his fellow man above his own personal safety.

He was the Navy's liason to the Senate. He was Commander of Amphibious Forces in the Atlantic. He was Commander in Chief of US Naval forces in Europe. He has consistently fought to lower taxes and government spending. Time Magazine in 1997 named him as one of the 25 most influential people, which is something, considering Time is a leftist magazine. He established an exploratory committee for the 2008 election..which certainly wasn't in his best interests, but apparently he believed it to be in the best
interests of the country.

And that's his substance. Obama can't compare, which is why he and his supporters are so whiny about it.

McCain served his country honorably for years.

But doing what your dad did, and your grandfather did, does not demonstrate substance. He is doing what he knows, what he feels comfortable with. While there is certainly nothing wrong with that, it does not show substance. His behavior as a captive does demonstrate substance, but his behavior as father and husband do not. If the age of substance counts, as some note here, and we only view his current behavior, substance is lost in his constant flip flopping.

Lol. Now you're just reverting to Kindergarten tactics, like Dr. Grump. He can't think of anything intelligent to say on the boards, so he just sends me private messages about how fat and stupid I am.

whoa now. I'm just returing a jab after you said that hypocracy is a liberal tactic. I don't think I've ever thought about sending someone a mean spirited pm.

McCain served his country honorably for years. That gives him more substance than Obama can even dream about. Though obviously, not everyone can be a war hero. But if you just want to talk substance, there it is. Proof positive that he's brave, and tough, and puts honor and his fellow man above his own personal safety.

He was the Navy's liason to the Senate. He was Commander of Amphibious Forces in the Atlantic. He was Commander in Chief of US Naval forces in Europe. He has consistently fought to lower taxes and government spending. Time Magazine in 1997 named him as one of the 25 most influential people, which is something, considering Time is a leftist magazine. He established an exploratory committee for the 2008 election..which certainly wasn't in his best interests, but apparently he believed it to be in the best
interests of the country.

And that's his substance. Obama can't compare, which is why he and his supporters are so whiny about it.

Thank you for that post. One of the best I've read from you.

Now for the content: McCain served his country honorably for years. John Kerry also did, yet this was a negative score against him. Are republicans the only ones who can claim substance for serving in wars? God knows Kerry was bashed for being a flip-flopper. Kinda like how McCain flip-flops on nearly everything.

He has done a good and consistant job at trying to cut government spending. I will give the man that much.

So the only substance McCain has is he was a POW decades ago and he is the anti-pork candidate. Sounds like a boat load of substance there, lol. I created this thread to give McCain voters a chance to explain why anyone should buy into the idealist claims that McCain is making in his speeches. All I've gotten in response is that McCain was a pow and maverick senator. This does nothing to explain why we should believe he can win in Iraq and why he can solve the energy crisis or why he will balance the budget.

Last edited:
But this is about substance and substance as I understand the concept involves your behaviors and values. If you read about the so called bad marriage, your excuse shows you up as the hypocrite.

Politicati: McCain Left His Crippled Wife for a 25 Year-Old - Politics, News and more from the Democratic Mind of Politicati

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

It doesn't show he cheated your article says he dumped his first wife. There is a difference you know...

Guys and gals, I read on here frequently. I notice that the biggest criticism of Obama is "substance over style" and "empty suit". This is a legit concern for many. So I wonder, if this is a concern then why do I only hear one side of this argument? "Obama is not electable because he lacks substance" is fair, but only if the other candidate actually has substance behind his words. So I ask you, McCain supporter, where's his substance? What issues would you say McCain speaks about that he has substance to back up his claims? I watch him in the media tell us we will win Iraq, balance our budget, end the recession, and solve many other problems, by the end of his first term. These are his words, not mine.

This is your chance to defend McCain. I will stay civil, because I'm honestly concerned that the "McCain is a man of substance" concept is a completely fabricated political tactic.

I have a deep suspicious feeling that John McCain is an even bigger idiot than Bush is, intellectually. Call me curious, but everytime I met him, he doesn't seem to bright.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back