McCain Supporters Find Bob Barr

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Kevin_Kennedy, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,028
    It's great that they realized Bob Barr is far more worthy of their vote, but the way they talked about Obama was ridiculous. Who cares if his daughters play rap in the White House? A little 2Pac would do world leaders good, in my opinion. :lol:

Full article:
    Daily Kos: State of the Nation

2. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    Conservatives do like Bob Barr, but it seems these days that most Republicans are not conservatives so they won't vote for him. I, on the other hand, don't see Bob Barr as 'Libertarian' enough, so I really have no candidate this election.

3. Kevin_Kennedy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,028
    Have you considered Chuck Baldwin from the Constitution Party? I think Bob Barr is great on the issues, personally. I can understand why some Libertarians don't like him though.

4. chloe

chloe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Speaking of Supporters for the running Candidates, How come the Clintons have rallied so much for the Obama/Biden ticket but Mitt Romney and or Rudy Guiliani have not gone out rallying for McCain/Palin or has the media just not covered it if they have?

5. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Umm, because the democratic primary divided the party?

6. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Romney putting distance between himself and McCain campaign?

By Wally Edge

It's an open secret that there's not much love between Gov. Mitt Romney (R) and U.S. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), but for the most part Romney has publicly played the good soldier since losing the Republican primary -- even going so far as to mock "eastern elites" during his speech at the GOP convention.

Now, Romney is joining a chorus of Republican voices publicly questioning the direction of McCain's campaign.

Former Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts, who was a rival of Mr. McCain for the Republican nomination, said Mr. McCain, who has offered scattershot proposals on the economy, should present a broad vision of how he would lead the country through the economic crisis.

“I’m talking about standing above the tactical alternatives that are being considered,” Mr. Romney said, “and establish an economic vision that is able to convince the American people that he really knows how to strengthen the economy.”

The last thing a losing campaign needs is allies second-guessing and talking publicly about the various directions it could go. Is the 2012 hopeful distancing himself from what many consider to be a campaign headed toward defeat?

Or was this just some friendly advice or a trial balloon of sorts?

McCain is scheduled to unveil a new speech on the economy today that his campaign believes "will begin a turnaround for the campaign."

http://www.politickerma.com/wallyed...-distance-between-himself-and-mccain-campaign

7. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Romney will be able to compete well in 2012 - The mormon issue will be less of new thing and less of a shocker after voting in an african american, and he has economic cred.

Can really see him doing well next time - The thing that bothered me the most about him during the primaries was his placid smile all the time.

8. chloe

chloe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the information, it seems like the Republicans should step up more for there Candidate, but if Romney plans to run again it makes sense why he is distancing himself.

9. Kevin_Kennedy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,028