McCain pushes back against Cheney, says torture violated law

Sen. John McCain disagrees with former Vice President Dick Cheney’s claim that enhanced interrogation techniques helped keep the country safe.

“I think the interrogations were in violation of the Geneva Conventions and the convention against torture that we ratified under President Reagan,” McCain told CBS’ Bob Schieffer Sunday.

“I think these interrogations, once publicized, helped al Qaeda recruit."

Raw Story » McCain pushes back against Cheney, says torture violated law

While it is quite true the the US intelligence agencies have historically never used coercive techniques during interrogations with any success, all our enemies prior to this were rational representatives of Nation States, even the Japanese, N Koreans and N Vietnamese. Never before have we faced an enemy that has no rational thought at all. The only way to defeat terrorism and insurgency is to simply kill so many of them that they no longer can mount a credible threat.

Im thinking a quick check of the USMessage Board Political Forums scoreboard is in order.............

Hmmm.......lets see..................
come on, stop with the stupid pics already
that just clutters up the place and wastes bandwidth

OH oh...

Watch for Boss Limbaugh to throw McCain out of the party on Monday

Like I said earlier today.......you have the political IQ of a small soap dish s0n...............

McCain was thrown out long ago.......damn fossil cost the natuion the current hideouos mess it is embroiled in............

for the gay................

Anyone else get the big chuckle I did out of this post? :lol:

does that change the fact he got 5 deferments, legally, before he joned the reserve? and spent the first tour in a ship off the coast and only about 5 months with the swift boats

if deferments are legal, they are LEGAL

Yep, you're right...that is nothing. Kerry didn't serve anywhere near combat. He didn't serve anywhere as much as did Limbaugh...Cheney...you.
thanks for showing you totally missed the point

Oh, I get the point....very well.

Im thinking a quick check of the USMessage Board Political Forums scoreboard is in order.............

Hmmm.......lets see..................

111scoreboard-17.jpg

*points and laughs :lol:

Sen. John McCain disagrees with former Vice President Dick Cheney’s claim that enhanced interrogation techniques helped keep the country safe.

“I think the interrogations were in violation of the Geneva Conventions and the convention against torture that we ratified under President Reagan,” McCain told CBS’ Bob Schieffer Sunday.

Funny how you 'tards toss around the word "torture" like it was someone getting their fingernails pulled out.
Let me tell all you left wing freak loons out there something. SERE has waterboarded students for over 50 years, myself included. Not a single instructor has ever been brought up on torture charges. You fucken ass clown liberal torture freaks just need to get over it and move on.

Nothing will ever happen to anyone over these alleged torture sessions. The only reason why it keeps coming up in the media is to appease the dumbshit MoveOn.org/DailyKOS hyperpartisan libtard clown squads who keep whining like little prissy panty waists.

Funny how you 'tards toss around the word "torture" like it was someone getting their fingernails pulled out.
Let me tell all you left wing freak loons out there something. SERE has waterboarded students for over 50 years, myself included. Not a single instructor has ever been brought up on torture charges. You fucken ass clown liberal torture freaks just need to get over it and move on.

Nothing will ever happen to anyone over these alleged torture sessions. The only reason why it keeps coming up in the media is to appease the dumbshit MoveOn.org/DailyKOS hyperpartisan libtard clown squads who keep whining like little prissy panty waists.

You are lumping ... not all against torture are against it for the same reasons. I am with McCain on this, it's unreliable, using information gained from it can place us in danger more. McCain used himself as a great example of such, when he cracked he just named people on his favorite sports team. So, unless those who were torturing him knew enough about US sports and had some betting pool going on, it was useless. Our own soldiers are conditioned against torture, why is it so hard to believe that the others are not, and while we've got all our military on some wild goose chase they are not organizing some devastating counterstrike, or ambush. Unless you can read minds, no information from the enemy can be reliable unless they are defecting and want us to win.

Cheney know more about it...he went to viet nam 5 times! ....well, Cheney did something with Viet nam five times, if memory serves.

lol...yep... those five deferrals make him a real expert ....

in being a chickenhawk...
did you say the same thing about Kerry's 5 deferments?(before he joined the Naval Reserve)
or the way Joe Kennedy used his influence to keep Teddy out of Korea?

He did get 5 deferments, like every other college student, then he volunteered to join and go Viet Nam.

Cheney got 5 deferments because in his words, he had to much to do. Never volunteered for military service after college and craped on the military since.

But in BUDS you knew you would not die. It sucked, I know but you KNEW you would not die. That is the difference. (You miss coronado dontcha? LOL)

lol...yep... those five deferrals make him a real expert ....

in being a chickenhawk...
did you say the same thing about Kerry's 5 deferments?(before he joined the Naval Reserve)
or the way Joe Kennedy used his influence to keep Teddy out of Korea?

He did get 5 deferments, like every other college student, then he volunteered to join and go Viet Nam.

Cheney got 5 deferments because in his words, he had to much to do. Never volunteered for military service after college and craped on the military since.
cheney never "crapped" on the military, not once
you have proven yourself a liar over and over

Forum List

Back