McCain pushes back against Cheney, says torture violated law

cheney never "crapped" on the military, not once
you have proven yourself a liar over and over

I don't know...what would you call giving a no-bid contract for Walter Reed to the same company that couldn't get ice to NOLA?

or giving $1,000 a day to mercenaries to do jobs our military does for far less?

or starting a pretend war or choice?

or engaging in torture which puts our own troops in greater danger?

is that? i don't know..... but he wasn't very good to our troops.

and more than that... perhaps he and bush shouldn't have so readily sent people into harms way when they both did everything except for backflips to get out of that type of risk.

[SIZE=+1]
tort-strain.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Law, Not Torture, Protects Us[/SIZE]
by Joe Conason

Link
Excerpt:
Predictably as always, the Republicans in Congress and in the conservative media are berating Attorney General Eric Holder for deciding to investigate the CIA’s use of abusive interrogation methods on terror suspects. They warn that probing this sensitive history will compromise intelligence operations and endanger the nation. They insist that these techniques have, in the words of Dick Cheney, saved thousands and perhaps hundreds of thousands of lives. They suggest that the attorney general should simply ignore the evidence of illegal conduct and "investigate the terrorists instead", as if the Justice Department cannot do both. But as those politicians and pundits ought to understand by now, the American system of justice was always meant to do both - that is, to apprehend and prosecute criminals, and to ensure that those who apprehend them do not violate the law in doing so. That system routinely investigates law enforcement officials who use excessive force because we recognize that the credibility and authority of the law depends on universal accountability... As for the argument that we cannot protect our security while upholding the law, that is an old canard that reappears - usually, but not always, in the mouths of Republicans - whenever intelligence abuses require investigation and possible prosecution. Many of the same people, including Cheney, uttered the same warnings back in the 1970s and ’80s, when Congress and federal prosecutors probed lawbreaking by the CIA. But those landmark investigations were followed not by a diminishing of American security and power, but by the fall of the Soviet Union. It is the past eight years, when the Cheney outlook prevailed, that have seen a ruinous reduction in our prestige and influence - and perhaps our future security, as well.

cheney never "crapped" on the military, not once
you have proven yourself a liar over and over

I don't know...what would you call giving a no-bid contract for Walter Reed to the same company that couldn't get ice to NOLA?

or giving $1,000 a day to mercenaries to do jobs our military does for far less?

or starting a pretend war or choice?

or engaging in torture which puts our own troops in greater danger?

is that? i don't know..... but he wasn't very good to our troops.

and more than that... perhaps he and bush shouldn't have so readily sent people into harms way when they both did everything except for backflips to get out of that type of risk.
hyperbole?

largeimagepo090829.jpg

"One such person who gave us information was Khalid Sheikh Mohammed...And I am told that we have captured Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the professionals believe he has information necessary to secure the country. So I ask what tools are available for us to find information from him and they gave me a list of tools, and I said are these tools deemed to be legal? And so we got legal opinions before any decision was made."

-- Bush, blaming "the professionals" and his hand-picked yes men for his torture crimes against humanity, Link

Let's see what happens now that King Pippin is in charge and releasing people from Gitmo while prosecuting CIA employees.

We went 8 years with no follow up to 9/11 and several major plans, at least ones that were reported by the media, (I'm not sure we'd ever get to know if in fact we stopped a dirty bomb or bioweapon), got disrupted and stopped.

Last edited:
Let's see what happens now that King Pippin is in charge and releasing people from Gitmo while prosecuting CIA employees.

We went 8 years with no follow up to 9/11 and several major plans, at least ones that were reported by the media, (I'm not sure wed ever get to know if in fact we stopped a dirty bomb or bioweapon), got disrupted and stopped.
Bush Jr. released prisoners from GITMO, did he endanger us by doing so?

We went 8 years with no follow up to 9/11 and several major plans, at least ones that were reported by the media, (I'm not sure wed ever get to know if in fact we stopped a dirty bomb or bioweapon), got disrupted and stopped.

Good point.

Wow! If you squint your eyes, stand on your head and hold your breath until you pass out the Bush and Obama plans look identical!

You Libruls sure do make good comparisons.

yeah, he was trying once again to appease you leftist assholes
see how good that did

Anyone want to ask Sean Hannity if waterboarding is torture???

To the person dishing it out its not torture

To the person on the receiving end it is

Hannity is a pussy. All mouth about how mild our interrogation methods are, but runs and hides when it is offered to do to him

Sen. John McCain disagrees with former Vice President Dick Cheney’s claim that enhanced interrogation techniques helped keep the country safe.

“I think the interrogations were in violation of the Geneva Conventions and the convention against torture that we ratified under President Reagan,” McCain told CBS’ Bob Schieffer Sunday.

“I think these interrogations, once publicized, helped al Qaeda recruit."

Raw Story » McCain pushes back against Cheney, says torture violated law

McCain is dead right about that.

Unlike Cheyney, the man is not a chickenhawking idiot.

Cheyney is wrong about so many things. Fr example we also know that he's major investor in for-profit prisons?

About what I'd expect of somebody with his 12th century value system.

Cheyney is one evil bastard, folks.

Forum List

Back