McCain: No negative campaigning

No, you don't. Of course not.

Clinton and Obama have objected to liberal voices when they believed it appropriate, and both voted to denounce MoveOn for the Gen. Betrayus ad. McCain has spoken out against the smear on Obama, but in a weakly manner not befitting a prospective president.

When McCain spoke out against Falwell and the "agents of intolerance", I was impressed. That's the kind of forceful opposition needed to distance himself from the extremists, and that's what's missing here. (Also, there is the matter of McCain reversing himself on Falwell, and washing his scrotum in the shower).

Ahh so now it is " he didn't squeal" loud enough for you?

I suggest you go back to last year and read what your fellow liberals all have said in the past about how Kerry and the Democratic party had no control or input over Moveon.Org and similar organizations while demanding that Bush could have shut down the Swiftboat group.

Usual hypocrisy, do as I say not as I do.

Ahh so now it is " he didn't squeal" loud enough for you?

I suggest you go back to last year and read what your fellow liberals all have said in the past about how Kerry and the Democratic party had no control or input over Moveon.Org and similar organizations while demanding that Bush could have shut down the Swiftboat group.

Usual hypocrisy, do as I say not as I do.

My God, you are dense.

I don't need to consult fellow liberals to form my own opinion.

It's not a matter of volume. It's a question of sincerity. McCain is trying to have it both ways. He appeared to want the benefit of the smear without the stink. It's reminiscent of 2004, when Bush voiced lackluster objections to the Swiftboat Liars for Bush, while his closest advisors wore those offensive Purple Heart bandaids.

Until we get one of the two one on one against McCain, all is just media speculation.

I think when this hapens, it all goes down hill for McCain.

I never really connected McCain's ditziness to his age. Now it is only more troubling to me, because if it is connected to his age it will only get worse.

What I found really funny is that Mr... "I want a nice campaign" McCain said today (doing this from memory) "well, if [Obama] wants to make my age an issue, we can talk about that; but we can talk about Rev Wright, too".

:rofl:

yeah, they'll run a nice campaign, sure they will.

What I found really funny is that Mr... "I want a nice campaign" McCain said today (doing this from memory) "well, if [Obama] wants to make my age an issue, we can talk about that; but we can talk about Rev Wright, too".

Sounds like a reminder/warning to me. The kind that go unheeded on this baord all the time.

Well instead he should have said what? If I could have chimed in, I'd have said, "Age? Cool. Wright, Rezko, Ayers, Dorn, voting record of 100% by liberal group." "Hey, don't forget Michelle."

It's also a nice brushback pitch. McCain needs to know that Obama won't roll over like John Kerry did.

Ironically, Mark Salter's response turned it into an age issue, and then kept the issue alive. That doesn't help McCain.

What's ironic is Obama has more support among terrorist organizations than he does with the American working class.:rofl:

Sounds like a reminder/warning to me. The kind that go unheeded on this baord all the time.

A warning of what? That Obama isn't allowed to respond when McCain smears Obama by associating him with Hamas?

A warning of what? That Obama isn't allowed to respond when McCain smears Obama by associating him with Hamas?

Today, Barack just found out about this and sacked a guy who was an 'informal advisor'. That was some 'smear' by McCain :rolleyes:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article3897414.ece

From The Times
May 10, 2008
Barack Obama sacks adviser over talks with Hamas

One of Barack Obama’s Middle East policy advisers disclosed yesterday that he had held meetings with the militant Palestinian group Hamas – prompting the likely Democratic nominee to sever all links with him.

Robert Malley told The Times that he had been in regular contact with Hamas, which controls Gaza and is listed by the US State Department as a terrorist organisation. Such talks, he stressed, were related to his work for a conflict resolution think-tank and had no connection with his position on Mr Obama’s Middle East advisory council.

“I’ve never hidden the fact that in my job with the International Crisis Group I meet all kinds of people,” he added.

Ben LaBolt, a spokesman for Mr Obama, responded swiftly: “Rob Malley has, like hundreds of other experts, provided informal advice to the campaign in the past. He has no formal role in the campaign and he will not play any role in the future.” The rapid departure of Mr Malley followed 48 hours of heated clashes between John McCain, the Republican nominee-elect, and Mr Obama over Middle East policy....

You think? I thought it sounded pretty sad, actually, given that McCain's age and whether he's sharp ARE relevant to his ability to manage the country's business...

I thought it was a threat to swiftboat Obama if he criticizes him at all.

Well Obama too is getting up there in his 40's:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/05/barack-obama-wa.html

57 states?

Obama misspoke. There are 57 jurisdictions holding primaries or caucuses:

AK, AL, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DA, DC,
DE, FL, GA, GU, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS,
KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT,
NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK,
OR, PA, PR, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UN, UT,
VA, VI, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY

If he keeps repeating it, like McCain's repeated flubs on terrorists and Iraq, I'll be concerned.

If he keeps repeating it, like McCain's repeated flubs on terrorists and Iraq, I'll be concerned.
Truly the primary system is designed to be exhausting and it is. One would think they'd give each other a break on these types of mistakes.

Truly the primary system is designed to be exhausting and it is. One would think they'd give each other a break on these types of mistakes.
That's sort of how I felt about Clinton's latest so-called "race-baiting"comment. She looked really tired.

There are times I think it would make more sense to put the candidates on a 50-mile track and make them run. You could still get media attention by randomly turning dogs loose on them.

Yes, it was a smear. The guy had a job doing it which had no connection to Obamas campaign. Amusing that you think one is a smear and one isn't.

So Barack fired him and the campaign made it clear there is no future for him because he was doing his job. I guess this was just another case of not knowing what they guy's job was, sort of like Ayers and Wright.

:rolleyes:

You think? I thought it sounded pretty sad, actually, given that McCain's age and whether he's sharp ARE relevant to his ability to manage the country's business...

I thought it was a threat to swiftboat Obama if he criticizes him at all.

Of course you thought that. Doesn't surprise me a bit what with the political paranoia and fearmongering you exhibit.

I agree that McCain's age is relevant to whether or not he can survive a Presidency. Has nothing to do with capability provided he's alive and in reasonably decent health.

Matter of fact, I started a thread on the very topic a month or so ago-- you know ... one of those McCain threads that don't exist because no one questions him?

I suggested that his running mate might be an even more crucial factor than usual under the circumstances of his age and health.

Other than not agreeing with him on some issues, I see no indicator that anything is any more wrong with his ability to think than anyone else. The same question can be asked of anyone regardless of age.

Is "misspoke" the new official Democrat buzzword to replace "lied" and/or "fucked up?":eusa_think:

New Topics

Forum List

Back