McCain Doesn't Support Veteran Educational Benefits

McCain has stated he does not want to entice soldiers out of the Army so they can take advantage of bouqou (buquois?) perks instead of actually serving. They deserve certain perks, but I think there's a lot to be said in the attitude that if you spend all your military money on programs for soldiers who aren't serving, the soldiers who ARE serving are the ones who are going to feel the sting.

McCain has stated he does not want to entice soldiers out of the Army so they can take advantage of bouqou (buquois?) perks instead of actually serving. They deserve certain perks, but I think there's a lot to be said in the attitude that if you spend all your military money on programs for soldiers who aren't serving, the soldiers who ARE serving are the ones who are going to feel the sting.
beaucoup...or beaucoups.... or bookoo...or beau·coos.... or boo·koos

Is there any reason for Dems to complain about young people not getting a higher education if he/she wants one? All they have to do is serve for awhile in return for the benefit....but I guess that's asking too much.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
McCain is using the study which states that if we pass the bill that will give the Iraq and Afghanistan vets four years of college, then retention will drop 16 percent.

The same study says the this incentive will raise recruitement 16%. So end strength is not harmed, but our troops are taken care of like after WW II.

I love all those on the right or left who say they support the troops as long as they are in combat but fuck them when they come back.

Wait, he does wear a flag pin. Must be a patriot.:badgrin:

Anyone involved in the military will tell you how important it is to retain veterans that have experience. Dropping the retention of seasoned soldiers by 16% and increasing recruitment by 16% leaves the total numbers the same but greatly reduces experience. This clearly weakens the military.

Threads like this are partisan jokes. There's only been one thing for sure based on my observation.

No matter which party is in control of Congress nor which party the President belongs to, active duty military benefits are inadequate at the troop level and veteran's benefits just keep on eroding.

It's not Bush ... it wasn't Clinton ... it wasn't Reagan .... Carter didn't even know he had a military .... it's the government machine and when it's time to cut Federal spending the military always takes it in the shorts, one way or the other.

I just got into a word match on another board over treatment of military and of vets..... this started out because there was quoted one of those pass this e-mail along to say thanks things posted, and my premise is oh goody, an e-mail will do a lot of good for troops that have poor pay, poor benefits, and get crapped on over equipment, weapons, food, and even get electrocuted in showers!

Words ~big whoop~, what matters is action, and those that give this service deserve a whole lot more than they are getting.

I am disgusted by a set-up that won't pay the troops, but will cough up 70+K a year, tax free for a civilian hire KBR employee to serve food in a chow line to those underpaid, undersupported, and undersupplied troops!

Best way I can see to say a real thanks is to make sure they are paid and have the benefits they so rightly deserve!

Anyone involved in the military will tell you how important it is to retain veterans that have experience. Dropping the retention of seasoned soldiers by 16% and increasing recruitment by 16% leaves the total numbers the same but greatly reduces experience. This clearly weakens the military.
I disagree with the study. But hypothetically speaking, even if it were correct, the Army can rectify a retention problem by increasing base pay or upping the re-enlistment bonuses. Imagine that, actually taking care of the military.

I disagree with the study. But hypothetically speaking, even if it were correct, the Army can rectify a retention problem by increasing base pay or upping the re-enlistment bonuses. Imagine that, actually taking care of the military.

Ohh so we can just print more money to cover the debts we incur , no need for tax base of income to Government coffers? I thought the Liberals were all up in arms about that NOW?

Or shall we raid the social programs to pay for these pay raises and Bonuses?

Personally the biggest raise they could give the military would be exemption from Taxes.

Join the military and tuition assistance is already 100% free while active duty! I know, I did it. Joining the military is the best thing most can do in my opinion. I don't know how most civilians make it even with college degrees? The Montgomery GI Bill is good if you put into it. As a retired vet myself, I would rather have less government spending, which means less tax money out of my pocket! Hell, I would take a reduction in pay to be honest if we could just cut a lot of the wasteful spending of our tax dollars? Think about it!

Last edited:
Again you stupid shit.

Your eloquence is deafening. YSPODS

Go and read how many times they filibustered.

I refuse to sink to your level of name calling anymore. You just don't get it.

The people who will get out for the benefits are pretty much those who would get out anyway.

The people who stay in for the duration like myslef and many others aren't interested in getting out just for benefits. It's a career that you stay with. If you can take advantage after you retire, that's great, but I don't think this will get those who want to stay for the duration to get out early.

The reason today we have problems with retention is the constant tour rotation to Iraq and Afghanistan. If you're married, you just about have to chose between your family and your career. It's damn near impossible to have both with this type of constant rotation.

Ohh so we can just print more money to cover the debts we incur , no need for tax base of income to Government coffers? I thought the Liberals were all up in arms about that NOW?

Or shall we raid the social programs to pay for these pay raises and Bonuses?

Personally the biggest raise they could give the military would be exemption from Taxes.
So you can pour hundreds of billions of dollars into Iraq but when it comes to the men and women who are over there, you want to tell them that we don't have the money to take care of them? Sorry but your argument holds no merit. You might as well come out and say that you support the war but not the troops.

So you can pour hundreds of billions of dollars into Iraq but when it comes to the men and women who are over there, you want to tell them that we don't have the money to take care of them? Sorry but your argument holds no merit. You might as well come out and say that you support the war but not the troops.

I support the war and the troops. I want to make sure when they go to war, they have the experienced veterans that they need, in order for them to stay alive. But do keep up the left liberal spin machine, it's quite funny.:rofl:

I support the war and the troops. I want to make sure when they go to war, they have the experienced veterans that they need, in order for them to stay alive. But do keep up the left liberal spin machine, it's quite funny.:rofl:
So providing educational benefits to veterans is a leftist liberal agenda? I disagree, but since you're willing to repeat those claims over and over, I'm sure the liberals on the board are validated when they say conservatives don't give a fuck about our troops. :badgrin:

All of you guys arguing against educational benefits for our troops are looking like complete asses. Think about what you guys are saying: "We don't want to increase educational benefits for our troops because we don't want to hurt our military." Complete nonsense.

We can keep the experienced NCO's and raise their educational benefits at the same time. They've been raising benefits for years now, both in reenlistment bonuses and increases to the MGIB. As it stands now, the MGIB needs another increase to cover the cost of gas, rising tuition prices, and the increase in the cost of living.

There's only one reason to give benefits to those who leave the service but not to those who remain. My best friend and her husband have both been sent to the Persian Gulf. Despite the issues involved with trying to raise a child while both are active duty, my friend is going back to school- to be a Navy Nurse. Not to get out. Not to go into the private sector. Why should she get fewer benefits for staying in????

So providing educational benefits to veterans is a leftist liberal agenda? I disagree, but since you're willing to repeat those claims over and over, I'm sure the liberals on the board are validated when they say conservatives don't give a fuck about our troops. :badgrin:

All of you guys arguing against educational benefits for our troops are looking like complete asses. Think about what you guys are saying: "We don't want to increase educational benefits for our troops because we don't want to hurt our military." Complete nonsense.

We can keep the experienced NCO's and raise their educational benefits at the same time. They've been raising benefits for years now, both in reenlistment bonuses and increases to the MGIB. As it stands now, the MGIB needs another increase to cover the cost of gas, rising tuition prices, and the increase in the cost of living.

No, I support our troops and the war. Support them by providing them educational benefits as well providing them experienced fellow soliders. I guess 16% drop in re-enlistment means nothing to you, your blinded.
But go ahead and propagate your lies to try and deny troops in the war, experienced fellow soliders. I will continue to say you are full of donkey shit.

No, I support our troops and the war. Support them by providing them educational benefits as well providing them experienced fellow soliders. I guess 16% drop in re-enlistment means nothing to you, your blinded.
But go ahead and propagate your lies to try and deny troops in the war, experienced fellow soliders. I will continue to say you are full of donkey shit.

Why should a soldier who chooses not to leave be denied benefits??? If anyone can give me one good reason....

That's okay, son, you can say I'm full of donkey shit all you want but you're still wrong. Ever heard of IRR? Stop loss? How do you lose experienced Soldiers when they sign a 7 year commitment? Currently for most MOS's, the cut off for promotion points is high, meaning we already have enough experienced NCO's, if we didn't they'd be low. The bottom line is you know jack shit about military retention or educational incentives. Had this been a Democrat voting against a similar educational proposal, you'd be saying the same shit I am now.

That's okay, son, you can say I'm full of donkey shit all you want but you're still wrong. Ever heard of IRR? Stop loss? How do you lose experienced Soldiers when they sign a 7 year commitment? Currently for most MOS's, the cut off for promotion points is high, meaning we already have enough experienced NCO's, if we didn't they'd be low. The bottom line is you know jack shit about military retention or educational incentives. Had this been a Democrat voting against a similar educational proposal, you'd be saying the same shit I am now.

BS....when did I ever say NCO's? I said experienced soliders....Um, if they pass that bill, you wouldn't need to re-enlist. Which is my point....

No actually I have broke away from certain policies of the Republicans, read through some of the threads I have posted in.

BS....when did I ever say NCO's? I said experienced soliders....Um, if they pass that bill, you wouldn't need to re-enlist. Which is my point....
Anybody that knows anything about the military can see that you're pulling shit out of your ass and are arguing just because....:rofl:

Anybody that knows anything about the military can see that you're pulling shit out of your ass and are arguing just because....:rofl:

No I think we should provide support for our troops by making sure they have experienced comrades to serve with. Like I have said, keep spewing your donkey shit without understanding what you are talking about.

Forum List

Back