Activists and their agenda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RetiredGySgt, May 30, 2008.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    The lady and the school have it right. She is being moved up for her abilities in regards the position. Her credentials and her abilities as an Educator.

The activists can and do cause all kind of problems. This is no milestone, except that she is considered as a PERSON and an educator to meet the needs of the University.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080530/ap_on_re_us/openly_gay_chancellor

Shit like this is why the military is right in requiring no openly gay people serve in the military. The position and her appointment have NOTHING to do with her sexual orientation.

2. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,289
    Shit?

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    Or maybe the answer is to punish the people who discriminate instead of telling the people who are discriminated against "well, if you just didn't tell anyone, it would be ok....."

4. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,734
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6S2cX046xlU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6S2cX046xlU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Or maybe the answer is since sexual orientation is completely irrelevant to being an educator she should keep it to herself?

There's no need to "punish" anyone. Don't throw your trash in the street needlessly and people won't be digging through it and judging you for it.

One of the base arguments the left makes on behalf of homosexuals is that it's nobody's business what goes on between two consenting adults in the privacy of their own home. I agree. So keep it THERE. THAT is where it belongs.

How many heterosexuals do you see or hear walking around proclaiming their sexual preferences? Of the ones that do, how many of them do you NOT judge as classless? The guys are dogs and women are sluts. That's default judgement.

But it's okay for homosexuals to flaunt their sexual orientation? I think not. I don't give a damned who or WHAT anyone has sex with. It's none of my business. But if you stick your weird-ass behavior in my face -- just like I would someone picking their nose in public -- I'm going to judge you on your behavior.

Just the usual double standard going on here.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I agree. What is often overlooked is that if a heterosexual teacher or most professionals were talking about their sex lives, they wouldn't be respected and in fact would probably be counseled to 'knock it off.' Too many details is just not good work practice.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. SingingMongoose

SingingMongoose Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    What an incredible spin you put on things. No gay rights activist would disagree that she's being promoted for her abilities; some homophobes, on the other hand, just might. The only "agenda" is to make sure that people don't discriminate based on sexual orientation; to make sure that gay people aren't refused jobs (or benefits) simply for being gay.

Naturally, Michiganders voted for Proposal 2, then turned around and said "Wait, we didn't mean for their benefits to be taken away! Gee whillickers, that isn't fair!" Those activist judges are at it again, I guess.

That makes no sense at all. Here you're saying that an openly gay person is being hired based on credentials, and somehow that means the military's homophobia is okay? You're saying that the military is right to not allow openly gay people, and also saying "The lady and the school have it right?"

You're definitely rationalizing bigotry. Just because someone is openly gay doesn't mean they "walk around proclaiming their sexual 'preferences.'" (I like the incorrect use of "preferences," very subtle.) I'll grant that it would be annoying, but none of the gay people I know get in my face about it.

What happens if a coworker simply asks, "are you gay?" What happens if someone is with their partner and a coworker sees them? They don't have to say "This is my partner," that's true, but how are they supposed to respond if someone asks "Is that your brother?" By suggesting that gay people shouldn't be open about their sexual orientation, you're saying that they should actively hide it. This shouldn't need to be explained.

If only you knew.

You people not only deny the oppression that's in plain sight, you try to claim that it's working in reverse. Incredible. :clap2:

8. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,772
    Manuel is gay?

:wtf:

9. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    Well, if manifold is gay it's apparent he's only been "totally gay since Y2K"... or 2000... as per his byline.... which is only part of his life...or else he's only 8 yrs. old....

...of course that goes to show ya being gay is a CHOICE...I mean, is there some point where hets become "totally heterosexual"? :rolleyes:

...oh, and when one CHOOSES the homo way....he gets a gaily colored flag to wave in everybodys face...anybody ever seen a het flag? :lol:

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    BS ... you don't bring your wife to events? People don't know you're married? You're rationalizing your own prejudice, IMO.

The fact that you call someone's family trash speaks volumes.

So ifyou say you're going away with your wife. And someone gay says they're going away with their wife, they're "flaunting"?

Yah... ok. Sure... I think the double standard is yours.