McCain Confirms Hero Status-Takes on Trump-Promotes American Values

So all one has to do to be a 'hero' to Liberals is openly condemn Trump?

How about spying and leaking info - that make him a 'super hero'?!

White House Eyes John McCain As Media Leak; Believes U.S. Senator Eavesdropped On Trump's Phone
See, the definition of hero is subjective, according to OP. Therefore, it cannot be explained, or something. That frees the mind from all that rational thinking...

White House Eyes John McCain As Media Leak; Believes U.S. Senator Eavesdropped On Trump's Phone
See, the definition of hero is subjective, according to OP. Therefore, it cannot be explained, or something. That frees the mind from all that rational thinking...
The definition of the word hero is subjective you fool. That does not mean it can not be explained. Why don't you look the word up and read some of the definitions? Come back and tell us the objective definition you found. You might have to look up the words subjective and objective first. Do you know the difference?
You used the "it's subjective" excuse to avoid addressing my questions about your definition of hero. Now you call me a fool? Nice try. You can't explain your subjective opinion? Really? That's weak. Even weaker is you try to make this about me. Subjective and objective are different things to be sure but if you can't articulate the why of your opinion on either one, you are wasting everybody's time.
I explained why a hero is subjective by recommending the word be looked up in a dictionary. My definition of a hero is the one in the dictionary.

Hero - A person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or notable qualities.

What constitutes courage, outstanding achievements or notable qualities are subjective opinions.
Thank you for the response. I continue to wonder why you cannot explain your subjective opinion on McCain's courage.

You insist that the subjective cannot be explained. Are you saying that when look out a window at a view you find beautiful, you cannot explain why you find it beautiful? There is no quality that you can point to? Nothing? When a piece of music moves you, you cannot articulate some element that moves you? You can offer no explanation at all? When you read poetry to your lover.. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.. Do you say oops? No can do? Sorry honey, it's objective?

The definition of the word hero is subjective you fool. That does not mean it can not be explained. Why don't you look the word up and read some of the definitions? Come back and tell us the objective definition you found. You might have to look up the words subjective and objective first. Do you know the difference?
You used the "it's subjective" excuse to avoid addressing my questions about your definition of hero. Now you call me a fool? Nice try. You can't explain your subjective opinion? Really? That's weak. Even weaker is you try to make this about me. Subjective and objective are different things to be sure but if you can't articulate the why of your opinion on either one, you are wasting everybody's time.
I explained why a hero is subjective by recommending the word be looked up in a dictionary. My definition of a hero is the one in the dictionary.

Hero - A person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or notable qualities.

What constitutes courage, outstanding achievements or notable qualities are subjective opinions.
Thank you for the response. I continue to wonder why you cannot explain your subjective opinion on McCain's courage.

You insist that the subjective cannot be explained. Are you saying that when look out a window at a view you find beautiful, you cannot explain why you find it beautiful? There is no quality that you can point to? Nothing? When a piece of music moves you, you cannot articulate some element that moves you? You can offer no explanation at all? When you read poetry to your lover.. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.. Do you say oops? No can do? Sorry honey, it's objective?
I explained, or at least revealed my subjective opinion on the first page, post #8. Since it is a subjective opinion, I am not sure that my own opinion is of any more value than the next persons. Clearly, from the OP and my second post in the thread, my view is that people who wear the uniform of their country into harm's, particularly the harm's way a pilot like McCain subjected himself to, are heroes in my way of thinking.

More recently, McCain is showing courage in standing up and being critical of Trump. Trump has a record of counter punching and attacking anyone who criticizes or stands up to him. McCain has challenged trump and that is something very few politicians in the Republican Party are brave enough to do. Most of them cower before him and kiss his ass.

I explained, or at least revealed my subjective opinion on the first page, post #8. Since it is a subjective opinion, I am not sure that my own opinion is of any more value than the next persons. Clearly, from the OP and my second post in the thread, my view is that people who wear the uniform of their country into harm's, particularly the harm's way a pilot like McCain subjected himself to, are heroes in my way of thinking.

More recently, McCain is showing courage in standing up and being critical of Trump. Trump has a record of counter punching and attacking anyone who criticizes or stands up to him. McCain has challenged trump and that is something very few politicians in the Republican Party are brave enough to do. Most of them cower before him and kiss his ass.
Thank you for the clarification. We'll have to agree to disagree.

McCain 'attacked' the President while abroad.
He's a POS.
Next...
Anyone who criticizes your guy is attacking him and a POS in your world. Wrong or right makes no difference. Trump, according to a top aide, is always 100% right and should never be questioned. His cult followers believe that nonsense.

questioning and undermining are two quite different things. Challenging truthfully and lying are also different things.
How is McCain undermining the President? McCain is by nature and the constitution an adversary in a separate but equal branch of our government. It is a Senator's from the legislative branch job to question or criticize the Executive branch of government.

If you have to ask that, there is nothing I can say that would educate you. I suggest a refresher course in American history. In the 1700s what McCain did would have been called treason.
How is what McCain did different from what Trump did to Obama?

Trump was not a democrat senator when he criticized Obama. Huge difference, doofus.

Anyone who criticizes your guy is attacking him and a POS in your world. Wrong or right makes no difference. Trump, according to a top aide, is always 100% right and should never be questioned. His cult followers believe that nonsense.

questioning and undermining are two quite different things. Challenging truthfully and lying are also different things.
How is McCain undermining the President? McCain is by nature and the constitution an adversary in a separate but equal branch of our government. It is a Senator's from the legislative branch job to question or criticize the Executive branch of government.

If you have to ask that, there is nothing I can say that would educate you. I suggest a refresher course in American history. In the 1700s what McCain did would have been called treason.
How is what McCain did different from what Trump did to Obama?

Trump was not a democrat senator when he criticized Obama. Huge difference, doofus.

Trump didn't 'criticize' President Obama- he publicly attempted to undermine his legal legitimacy by promoting his 'fake' Birther news.

McCain is a grumpy old man who just won another 6 year term that he probably won't live thru.

He's in total FU mode ! There's nothing holding him back .

We must not forget that while it's true that McCain allowed himself to be captured Trump went to military school, and suffered the rigors of bone spurs.

IMG_0229.JPG

The definition of the word hero is subjective you fool.
Liberals think

Conservatives think that a traitor is anyone who criticizes Trump- or Russia.

John McCain is a decorated combat veteran and war hero.

Donald Trump in typical Conservative tradition of course attacks John McCain.
What part of his participation in war makes him a hero?

What makes anyone a hero then? Is it an overused term? Sure .

But if McCain ain't a hero, then neither are the 99% of vets out there .

McCain, hero of Libyan terrorist leader al qaeda/ISIS Abdelhakim Belhadj.

mccain_belhadj.jpg

The definition of the word hero is subjective you fool.
Liberals think

Conservatives think that a traitor is anyone who criticizes Trump- or Russia.

John McCain is a decorated combat veteran and war hero.

Donald Trump in typical Conservative tradition of course attacks John McCain.
What part of his participation in war makes him a hero?

What makes anyone a hero then? Is it an overused term? Sure .

But if McCain ain't a hero, then neither are the 99% of vets out there .
It is subjective, he is not a hero to me.
Why is McCain a hero to you?

Forum List

Back