McCain Camp Wants to Postpone VP Debate

He's pretty good at eviscerating people in the nicest way possible. He's already started talking about how he doesn't know if he can beat her. :)

And how she is better looking. :D

Oh this will be a fun watch.

We all know what Hussein Obama will say. "Um, uh, um, uh, um, uh...where be my teleprompter, yo?"

Over time, your posts become more like MichelleAnn's.

For your own sake, put the bong down and stop killing those poor brain cells.

nader is a megalomaniac piece of garbage who helped saddle us with the worst president in history.

He should have stuck to protecting consumers.

I guess making Nader a scapegoat is easier than admiting the ineptitude of the Democrats.

I believe this should be the real symbol of the Democratic Party:

democratic_sealsmall.jpg

Last edited:
why can't they debate is the question..

as pointed out on Rachel Maddow's show

Reagan and Carter debated in the middle of the hostage crisis

Bush and Gore debated days after the USS Cole was hit

Nixon and Kennedy debated days after a bomb in time square killed 30 people

the campaign goes on people

Obama is right.. the president needs to be able to focus on more than one thing at a time and if McCain can't then he's going to look stupid and ill equiped to be President...

Are you flipping serious, Mccain has called for town hall debates for how many months? While Obama has ran scared? Mccain actually cares more about his country than he does an election.

town hall meetings? like the ones McCain stacks with his own supporters to bolster the appearance that people actually like him?

Obama wasn't obligated to meet McCain at those town hall meetings... I've never heard such cry baby bullshit in my life... there are three scheduled debates... McCain and Obama should be ready to face each other there... otherwise they stump to their party loyals and the rest works itself out.

McCain keeps saying "if only" Obama had met him at the town hall meetings this campaign would be different? in what way? is it Obama's fault that McCain has lost all integrity and honor in this campaign? is that like when a kid shoplifts and then blames his friend for not stopping him? it's BULLSHIT!

Last edited:
why can't they debate is the question..

as pointed out on Rachel Maddow's show

Reagan and Carter debated in the middle of the hostage crisis

Bush and Gore debated days after the USS Cole was hit

Nixon and Kennedy debated days after a bomb in time square killed 30 people

the campaign goes on people

Obama is right.. the president needs to be able to focus on more than one thing at a time and if McCain can't then he's going to look stupid and ill equiped to be President...

:iagree: Silence.

It's more of the fact that McCain doesn't want to debate. He's using this like the Republicans used the hurricane to keep Bush and Cheney away from the convention.

I guess making Nader a scapegoat is easier than admiting the ineptitude of the Democrats.

I believe this should be the real symbol of the Democratic Party:

democratic_sealsmall.jpg

I don't know about you but that's not my symbol.

This is the real symbol of the Republican Party though:

$Republican-koolaid.jpg

In fact democrat senate leader, Harry Reid, stated two days ago, they needed John McCain back on the floor instead of where ever he was, campaigning for President.

Do you have a source where I could read this quote from Reid? The Democratic Senate does not need John McCain to approve a bill. He isn't on the banking committee and Republicans aren't in control of the Senate. The Democrats could pass this bill right now, without McCain if they wanted to. So, please provide me your source for this, or retract your statement.

Noteably--the Obama campaign stated earlier-- that this debate over foreign policy would be a 100% McCain win, because McCain is much more experienced in foreign policy than Barack Obama.

I highly doubt that someone who gives Palin creds to her foreign policy experience because Alaska's next to Russia, is going to win a debate about foreign policy.

So McCain takes the loss on this one, while Barack Obama is intending to debate himself, on Friday night if need be.

Foregone conclusion, eh? Three words for you: Dewey Defeats Truman. Nothing is written in stone except what has already occured.

This, while for the last six months, McCain has asked Obama to debate him in town halls across this nation. Obama refused each & every time.

That would be like asking Obama to debate him on what it's like to be tortured by the Vietnamese. Of course Obama declined that. That's McCain's expertise.

So now we're in a financial crisis, that could equal the great depression of the 1930's, & which Warren Buffet refers to as the "Pearl Harbor" of our financial district. We all get hurt, from cash in the bank, to keeping our jobs, to 401-K's to retirement funds. So John McCain gives up a CERTAIN win on the Friday night debate, to go back to D.C for us.

Why? What ideas does he have that he can only tell Congress in person that he can't through e-mails and phone calls?

There are polticians that use the word change go promote their careers, & then their are politicians that use their careers to make change.

So, whose idea what this again? To go back to Washington? To put out a press release from both camps? Who called who this morning to propose this idea?

I say Palin should step in for McCain. She would smack Comrade Obama around like a prison ho and then hockey-check him off the stage.

I love that woman.

They just need to have Nader stand in for the night and he would demolish Obama in ways McCain could not. Nader and Barr did respond to McCain's request to delay the debates.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/0...s-debate-slot/

First of all, I think Bob Barr is being kicked out of the Libertarian party and they're replacing him with Ron Paul. Second of all, polls show when third party members are included in debates, they can garner at least 10% of the vote. This stronghold that the Democratic-Republicans have over our election system needs to be inevestigated. This should be taken to the Supreme Court if possible. We are only given two choices, yet we have about 10 people running for president. It's quite tragic.

I say Palin should step in for McCain. She would smack Comrade Obama around like a prison ho and then hockey-check him off the stage.

I love that woman.

I wouldn't mind Palin being the Republican Presidental Candidate, the GOP's chances would sink faster then the last minute of the Titanic.

Besides, who would be her VP? Mike Huckabee? Mitt Romney? Rudy Guiliani? Or how about the "First Dude" Todd Palin. Since he's already advising her on gov't stuff anyway.

:rofl:

Over the last couple of pages the most important point has been that McCain needs to be able to multi-task if he is going to be president. He should be able to stay there up until 3 pm, hop on a plane and debate a few hours later in a different part of the country. If he can't, he's not fit to be president.

Forum List

Back