Mayor resigns after calling old black people "antique farm equipment"....

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
The mayor of Lewiston, Maine, resigned Friday after racists text messages leaked

Shane Bouchard, the mayor of Lewiston, Maine, resigned Friday, days after alleged racists text messages from the mayor, who reportedly said "old black people" were "antique farm equipment," were leaked.

The allegations were made at a March 5 meeting by Heather Everly Berube, who said she funneled emails to Bouchard during his campaign to help him win. Berube revealed messages between herself and Bouchard that contained the racist comments, the Lewiston Sun Journalreported.

At the Friday-morning conference, former mayor Shane Bouchard said that after "rumors" about him started spreading earlier in the week, he received "overwhelming" support to "stand and fight" against those allegations. Bouchard said he would do so, but not from the position of mayor.

"It's not fair to the people of Lewiston, and I strongly believe that that fight will be fought better as a private citizen. I've made this decision with deep consideration as to what is best for my business and my family. Please consider this formal notice that I am resigning from the position of mayor," Bouchard said at a press conference Friday.

He said he would work with the incoming mayor Kristin Cloutier on the transition.

Bouchard is accused of allegedly referring to a GOP meeting as a Klu Klux Klan meeting and saying that "old black people" were "antique farm equipment," the Lewiston Sun Journal reported. Bouchard is also the subject of an investigation by the Lewiston Police Department and the Maine Attorney General's Office for alleged involvement in criminal activity, the Lewiston Sun Journalreported.

Ha! That guy is a hoot. :lol:

The mayor of Lewiston, Maine, resigned Friday after racists text messages leaked

Shane Bouchard, the mayor of Lewiston, Maine, resigned Friday, days after alleged racists text messages from the mayor, who reportedly said "old black people" were "antique farm equipment," were leaked.

The allegations were made at a March 5 meeting by Heather Everly Berube, who said she funneled emails to Bouchard during his campaign to help him win. Berube revealed messages between herself and Bouchard that contained the racist comments, the Lewiston Sun Journalreported.

At the Friday-morning conference, former mayor Shane Bouchard said that after "rumors" about him started spreading earlier in the week, he received "overwhelming" support to "stand and fight" against those allegations. Bouchard said he would do so, but not from the position of mayor.

"It's not fair to the people of Lewiston, and I strongly believe that that fight will be fought better as a private citizen. I've made this decision with deep consideration as to what is best for my business and my family. Please consider this formal notice that I am resigning from the position of mayor," Bouchard said at a press conference Friday.

He said he would work with the incoming mayor Kristin Cloutier on the transition.

Bouchard is accused of allegedly referring to a GOP meeting as a Klu Klux Klan meeting and saying that "old black people" were "antique farm equipment," the Lewiston Sun Journal reported. Bouchard is also the subject of an investigation by the Lewiston Police Department and the Maine Attorney General's Office for alleged involvement in criminal activity, the Lewiston Sun Journalreported.

LOL!

OMG that guy has a fucky brain!

And calling a GOP meeting a KKK meeting...... :rofl:

He’s more progressive - and younger - than half the posters on this site.

Klan used to be big in Maine. Owen Brewster most notably. The irony is that the Klan got its traction by railing against French-Canadians (because they were Catholic). Check out the mayor's name.... one wonders if he knows his history.

Lewiston is maybe best known as the site of the second Ali-Liston fight where Ali defended his title in 1965 after winning it from Sonny Liston the year before.

Last edited:

If that's a GOP meeting in Maine, what the fuck is a GOP meeting in Alabama like? :lol:

If that's a GOP meeting in Maine, what the fuck is a GOP meeting in Alabama like? :lol:

Warmer.

Klu Klux Klan?

Racist remarks?

Tell me he's a Democrat.

Oops, he wasn't.

Obviously he's Republican, totally expected.

That's their party. It's who they are. Who they represent.

shane-850x478$large.jpg

D1BqcV-X4AcxTU5.jpg

Klu Klux Klan?

Racist remarks?

Tell me he's a Democrat.

Oops, he wasn't.

shane-850x478$large.jpg

Cool your jets. This is a freaking mayor of a small town.

It ain't necessary to conjure up political party associations for EVERYTHING. It really ain't.

Ohio's Warren G. Harding, IMHO America's most underrated President, gave a big rally in Birmingham AL in the hey day of the Triple K.

1921 Presidential visit - Bhamwiki

Klu Klux Klan?

Racist remarks?

Tell me he's a Democrat.

Oops, he wasn't.

shane-850x478$large.jpg

Cool your jets. This is a freaking mayor of a small town.

It ain't necessary to conjure up political party associations for EVERYTHING. It really ain't.

What else would the Troll King do with his time?

Forum List

Back