Mayor of Yuma Arizona: Thanks to Trump Our Border Crisis Is Over

It's not great.

Compared to what ?

Most of the rest of Arizona.

Depends on what you want.

Everything above I-40 is an acquired taste.

Well, above I40 then you get a lot of Morman influence. I would consider Yuma better than Colorado City after all. One thing at least Yuma has going for it is diversity and something that CC is positively lacking.

The main problem with Yuma is it's just too damn hot.

That’s terrible...white Christian influence always leads to bad things...haha
I have a place in Havasu, no “diversity”, all white folks rockin Trump flags...no graffiti, no trash lining our roadways, no shitty diapers in Walmart parking lots, no stray pit bulls, no tapatio bottles left on sandy beaches, no crime, no packed emergency rooms...it totally sucks.

Used to play against Havasu in football and basketball.

Great athletics program.

It's not great.

Compared to what ?

Well, above I40 then you get a lot of Morman influence. I would consider Yuma better than Colorado City after all. One thing at least Yuma has going for it is diversity and something that CC is positively lacking.

We've been over this already.

Colorado City is not the mainstream LDS church.

You want mormon communities....

Mesa
Safford
Thatcher
St. David
Snowflake
Wilcox

Several of my LDS friends are from the eastern part of the state which was apparently colonized by the Utah group under Brigham Young's direction.

Phoenix, again according to my friends, has more LDS that I originally imagined.

I didn't mean to imply that Colorado City was LDS, only Mormon, which it is and while I took a quick self tour around the place (weird) I did enjoy their one and only brewery and the beer was pretty good.

My only issue with Morman communities is well it can be bland and boring. Mesa...uggh. It's a long drive to get there with little to no reason to. The other cities (towns really) are more for the scenery, cabins, forests and such.

Compared to what ?

Mesa
Safford
Thatcher
St. David
Snowflake
Wilcox

Several of my LDS friends are from the eastern part of the state which was apparently colonized by the Utah group under Brigham Young's direction.

Phoenix, again according to my friends, has more LDS that I originally imagined.

I didn't mean to imply that Colorado City was LDS, only Mormon, which it is and while I took a quick self tour around the place (weird) I did enjoy their one and only brewery and the beer was pretty good.

My only issue with Morman communities is well it can be bland and boring. Mesa...uggh. It's a long drive to get there with little to no reason to. The other cities (towns really) are more for the scenery, cabins, forests and such.

Love the Superstition Mountains to the east of Mesa.

Great hiking !!!1

It's not great.

Compared to what ?

Funny, I didn't say that. Have you been to Colorado City, the place I was referencing? Knowing your politics you'd probably love what Warren Jeffs did to that town. Thankfully they are cleaning up after him.

I have a place in Havasu, no “diversity”, all white folks rockin Trump flags...no graffiti, no trash lining our roadways, no shitty diapers in Walmart parking lots, no stray pit bulls, no tapatio bottles left on sandy beaches, no crime, no packed emergency rooms...it totally sucks.

Lake Havasu city is nice. I like the town. Without the Colorado and California tourists it'd be nothing but a dust pit though.

Do you ever get out to the Desert Bar? Love that place.

One thing at least Yuma has going for it is diversity and something that CC is positively lacking.

WTF...is this a joke or just comedy gold?
How do good real American benefit from “diversity”?
We get it, your pet humans are definitely beneficiaries but tell us...how do Americans benefit from it?

Most large economy cities have diversity. Sure, real estate can go up and that is always a challenge that other communities do not face. But it's where this country's money is.

Mesa
Safford
Thatcher
St. David
Snowflake
Wilcox

Love the Superstition Mountains to the east of Mesa.

Great hiking !!!1

I have been out there hiking around the Lost Dutchman and driving up through the Apache Trail, I usually go through Fountain Hills to get there.

It's not great.

Compared to what ?

I am not sure there is anything on this forum funnier than you talking about Christian values or influences.

Trump gets results again.
Democrats hate it when America does better. Watch their responses to this news. You can visualize the spittle flying as they type.

The mayor of the border city of Yuma, Arizona has withdrawn his city's state of emergency that was declared in response to this year’s migrant crisis at the southern border -- saying that the crisis has diminished in recent months.

"I am grateful to be able to withdraw the Proclamation of Emergency due to the Trump Administration's policy changes that diminish the flow of the migrant family units to the Yuma area and prevent releases into the Yuma community,” Mayor Douglas Nicholls said in a statement earlier this month.

Nicholls declared a state of emergency in April near the peaks of the border crisis, when the number of migrants apprehended or turned away at the border soared to over 109,000. That number would hit 144,000 in May, but then decline sharply in the months since then, down to about 42,000 in November. At the time, Nicholls said the state of emergency was "due to the migrant family releases overwhelming the local shelter system."

The administration has credited a slew of measures for bringing down the numbers of migrants approaching the border. Most significantly is the ramping up of the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) over the summer -- which sees migrants returned to Mexico as they await their hearings. So far more than 53,000 migrants have been returned to Mexico under MPP. That has been coupled with asylum agreements with countries such as Guatemala and El Salvador that sees migrants sent there to claim asylum instead.

Yuma, Arizona ends state of emergency as migrant crisis diminishes
He has a sense of Yuma. :)

Trump gets results again.
Democrats hate it when America does better. Watch their responses to this news. You can visualize the spittle flying as they type.

The mayor of the border city of Yuma, Arizona has withdrawn his city's state of emergency that was declared in response to this year’s migrant crisis at the southern border -- saying that the crisis has diminished in recent months.

"I am grateful to be able to withdraw the Proclamation of Emergency due to the Trump Administration's policy changes that diminish the flow of the migrant family units to the Yuma area and prevent releases into the Yuma community,” Mayor Douglas Nicholls said in a statement earlier this month.

Nicholls declared a state of emergency in April near the peaks of the border crisis, when the number of migrants apprehended or turned away at the border soared to over 109,000. That number would hit 144,000 in May, but then decline sharply in the months since then, down to about 42,000 in November. At the time, Nicholls said the state of emergency was "due to the migrant family releases overwhelming the local shelter system."

The administration has credited a slew of measures for bringing down the numbers of migrants approaching the border. Most significantly is the ramping up of the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) over the summer -- which sees migrants returned to Mexico as they await their hearings. So far more than 53,000 migrants have been returned to Mexico under MPP. That has been coupled with asylum agreements with countries such as Guatemala and El Salvador that sees migrants sent there to claim asylum instead.

Yuma, Arizona ends state of emergency as migrant crisis diminishes
This is good news for Yuma. Lefties will probably make it out like you are claiming that the entire border crisis is over from end to end. Go Trump!

Compared to what ?

I am not sure there is anything on this forum funnier than you talking about Christian values or influences.

I don’t know Gator...I’d say you claiming to be a Righty over and over again is by far the most comical thing found on this board...For that you’ve been dubbed the board clown...you know that...RIGHT?

I don’t know Gator...I’d say you claiming to be a Righty over and over again is by far the most comical thing found on this board...For that you’ve been dubbed the board clown...you know that...RIGHT?

He's a conservative, he's just not a fundamentalist who was taken in by a charlatan. .

Except I have never claimed to be a righty...shows how fucking stupid you and your fellow Trump worshipers who dubbed me that are.

He's a conservative, he's just not a fundamentalist who was taken in by a charlatan. .

Haha...I know, you’ve said that before and I showed you many times that he is as Left as they come.
By the way, have you come up with anything yet on how Americans benefit by the presence of beaners?

Except I have never claimed to be a righty...shows how fucking stupid you and your fellow Trump worshipers who dubbed me that are.

“I’m right of you.”
You’ve never said that huh?

“I’m right of you.”
You’ve never said that huh?

Yes I have, and it is still true.

I cannot help it if you are a big government statist.

Haha...I know, you’ve said that before and I showed you many times that he is as Left as they come.
By the way, have you come up with anything yet on how Americans benefit by the presence of beaners?

You have?

How critical are you of Trump's ever expanding deficits during decent economic times? I'm pretty sure GG has spoken out against it, where has a little ol' small government wingnut like you been? I mean, other than defending Trump.

Remember folks, the border crisis is now over.

In Yuma at least. I do wonder if all these people giving Trump credit also gave him the blame since the state of emergency started under his watch.

Forum List

Back