Mayor of Yuma Arizona: Thanks to Trump Our Border Crisis Is Over

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Trump gets results again.
Democrats hate it when America does better. Watch their responses to this news. You can visualize the spittle flying as they type.

The mayor of the border city of Yuma, Arizona has withdrawn his city's state of emergency that was declared in response to this year’s migrant crisis at the southern border -- saying that the crisis has diminished in recent months.

"I am grateful to be able to withdraw the Proclamation of Emergency due to the Trump Administration's policy changes that diminish the flow of the migrant family units to the Yuma area and prevent releases into the Yuma community,” Mayor Douglas Nicholls said in a statement earlier this month.

Nicholls declared a state of emergency in April near the peaks of the border crisis, when the number of migrants apprehended or turned away at the border soared to over 109,000. That number would hit 144,000 in May, but then decline sharply in the months since then, down to about 42,000 in November. At the time, Nicholls said the state of emergency was "due to the migrant family releases overwhelming the local shelter system."

The administration has credited a slew of measures for bringing down the numbers of migrants approaching the border. Most significantly is the ramping up of the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) over the summer -- which sees migrants returned to Mexico as they await their hearings. So far more than 53,000 migrants have been returned to Mexico under MPP. That has been coupled with asylum agreements with countries such as Guatemala and El Salvador that sees migrants sent there to claim asylum instead.

Yuma, Arizona ends state of emergency as migrant crisis diminishes

Trump wins again for America.

Remember how much leftists screeched at his great decisions?

It's over? I'll bookmark this then.

If you follow the orange line, and then the red line you can see that the wall and the Mexican waiting room are both working well. I hope the illegal crossings go to zero as more of the wall is completed.
FY20_NOV_SWB_Migration%20Graphic.jpg

Yuma is one of the best places to winter in the southwest.
As an ex-snowbird that wintered there for 5 years, take my word for it.

Let's remember that the border crisis is now over.

Crisis there, yes. Total elimination of the border problem, no. But if we can purge the House of Democrats and even gain some additional strength in the Senate, we will get closer yet.

Forum List

Back