Mayor Bloomberg Says Cops Should Go On Strike Until Americans Give Up Their Guns

“I don’t understand,” Bloomberg told his fellow gun control advocate and host Piers Morgan, “why the police officers across this country don’t stand up collectively and say, ‘We’re going to go on strike. We’re not going to protect you unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what’s required to keep us safe.’”

Read more: Bloomberg: Cops should consider strike for gun control | The Daily Caller

Where are the Context Alert Patrol? Did we misunderstand this too?

What an asshole.. the people of NYC must be complete idiots... thank GOD I got out there back in the early nineties.

Wish they had like two men in NY maybe one would stand up to this asshole, Blooperberg should wake up if up to me (and i mattered lol) I'd order cons to put him under citizens arrest :D

I'd like to see what he said in context before I jump to conclusions. Call me anal, but I do like to be clear about what I'm getting 'outraged' about.

Here is the transcript of the show: CNN.com - Transcripts

MORGAN: Joining me now for more on our big story is a man who says President Obama and Mitt Romney have obligations to take a stand on gun control. New York City mayor , Mayor Bloomberg.

Thank you for joining me. You've been very vocal since this appalling incident happened last Friday. Why is it that both the president and the man who wants to be president are saying nothing about guns?

BLOOMBERG: Well, the first thing is, do they have an obligation to say something about guns. And since 48,000 people will be murdered with guns in the four years, the next four-year presidential term, I would argue it's a substantial problem and that they have an obligation to tell the public before the public goes to the voting booth what they will do. Specifically, not generally, but specifically.

This is a problem we've had for many years. And so they must have thought about it. They have staffs that have thought about it. And they should be answering the question. Then the question is, why do they not answer the question? And I think there is a perception in the political world that the NRA has more power than the American people. I do not happen to believe that.

MORGAN: Every time one of these things happens -- Gabrielle Giffords last year, this shooting here -- there's an outrage and then very quickly it dissipates. The American people quite quickly go back to their normal lives and they don't demand action in a way that I would expect them to.

Why do so many Americans not feel angry enough to demand further gun control?

BLOOMBERG: Well, I would take it one step further. I don't understand why the police officers across this country don't stand up collectively and say, we're going to go on strike. We're not going to protect you. Unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe.

After all, police officers want to go home to their families. And we're doing everything we can to make their job more difficult but, more importantly, more dangerous, by leaving guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them, and letting people who have those guns buy things like armor-piercing bullets.

The only reason to have an armor-piercing bullet is to go through a bullet-resistant vest. The only people that wear bullet-resistant vest are our police officers. And that's true across this whole country. So we should -- at some point we have to understand this as our children or our grandchildren or us. But for the police officers, it's much more immediate. Because when you or I hear shots, we run away. They run towards it.

I'd like to see what he said in context before I jump to conclusions. Call me anal, but I do like to be clear about what I'm getting 'outraged' about.

Here is the transcript of the show: CNN.com - Transcripts

MORGAN: Joining me now for more on our big story is a man who says President Obama and Mitt Romney have obligations to take a stand on gun control. New York City mayor , Mayor Bloomberg.

Thank you for joining me. You've been very vocal since this appalling incident happened last Friday. Why is it that both the president and the man who wants to be president are saying nothing about guns?

BLOOMBERG: Well, the first thing is, do they have an obligation to say something about guns. And since 48,000 people will be murdered with guns in the four years, the next four-year presidential term, I would argue it's a substantial problem and that they have an obligation to tell the public before the public goes to the voting booth what they will do. Specifically, not generally, but specifically.

This is a problem we've had for many years. And so they must have thought about it. They have staffs that have thought about it. And they should be answering the question. Then the question is, why do they not answer the question? And I think there is a perception in the political world that the NRA has more power than the American people. I do not happen to believe that.

MORGAN: Every time one of these things happens -- Gabrielle Giffords last year, this shooting here -- there's an outrage and then very quickly it dissipates. The American people quite quickly go back to their normal lives and they don't demand action in a way that I would expect them to.

Why do so many Americans not feel angry enough to demand further gun control?

BLOOMBERG: Well, I would take it one step further. I don't understand why the police officers across this country don't stand up collectively and say, we're going to go on strike. We're not going to protect you. Unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe.

After all, police officers want to go home to their families. And we're doing everything we can to make their job more difficult but, more importantly, more dangerous, by leaving guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them, and letting people who have those guns buy things like armor-piercing bullets.

The only reason to have an armor-piercing bullet is to go through a bullet-resistant vest. The only people that wear bullet-resistant vest are our police officers. And that's true across this whole country. So we should -- at some point we have to understand this as our children or our grandchildren or us. But for the police officers, it's much more immediate. Because when you or I hear shots, we run away. They run towards it.

Apparently, bloomberg thinks police are being killed by law-abiding citizens.

He also want to ban the Big Gulp.

He should be recalled for inciting a dangerous situation.

Like the Air Traffic Controllers, any cop who strikes should be fired.

I am sure all the drug dealers, thugs , mobsters will abide with his demands. I mean their favorite people are the cops:eusa_whistle:

That guy uses a typical tyrants tool threaten the people what a loser he is. He's the most Marxist guy ever to call himself an independent it's hysterical how labels fit so well.

Marxist? Don't know about that.

He really hasn't done much redistributing of income. At least, not from rich to poor.

He is a totalitarian bastard though.

:lol: This is pretty funny, considering, that under The Taylor Law(§210 - Prohibition of Strikes), NYC cops can't go on strike!

:lol: This is pretty funny, considering, that under The Taylor Law(§210 - Prohibition of Strikes), NYC cops can't go on strike!

[SIZE=+1]§210[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Prohibition of Strikes[/SIZE]​

1. No public employee or employee organization shall engage in a strike, and no public employee or employee organization shall cause, instigate, encourage, or condone a strike.

2. Violations and penalties; presumption; prohibition against consent to strike; determination; notice; probation; payroll deductions; objections; and restoration
had to look that up...thanks...I wonder if Mayor Doomberg even knew [or cared]? :lol:

Forum List

Back