Mayor Bans Nike Products From City Recreation Programs

It is unconstitutional.

Choosing not to purchase over a belief is fine. Ordering not to buy is not.

Kenner is an industrial area. Many plants.

Doesn't change a thing on the issue though.

Louisiana mayor prohibits Nike purchases for recreational programs: reports
Hope more mayors do the same, not to mention high school and college coaches and AD’s.

So it ok to protest something or someone as long as its ok for you. Its no different that what Colin K did.

It is completely different; could not be more different, Penny. Kaepernick (shames the name Copernicus) has inspired millions to tens of millions of our kids to believe sacrificing their love of country for a pair of shoes and a multi-million dollar shoe deal, is perfectly socially acceptable. During the 80's and 90's American kids wanted to "be like Mike". Now, thanks to shit birds like K, they want to kneel for our Anthem. If you loved America first, despite her many internal side-effects of freedpm, you would not preach a repetition of misinformation. We must be Americans first, every other divisive subgroup last. And lastly, how many young kids will now--thanks to K--think that hating law enforcement is justified. No, you've fallen for the brainwash.

Hope more mayors do the same, not to mention high school and college coaches and AD’s.

So it ok to protest something or someone as long as its ok for you. Its no different that what Colin K did.

It is completely different; could not be more different, Penny. Kaepernick (shames the name Copernicus) has inspired millions to tens of millions of our kids to believe sacrificing their love of country for a pair of shoes and a multi-million dollar shoe deal, is perfectly socially acceptable. During the 80's and 90's American kids wanted to "be like Mike". Now, thanks to shit birds like K, they want to kneel for our Anthem. If you loved America first, despite her many internal side-effects of freedpm, you would not preach a repetition of misinformation. We must be Americans first, every other divisive subgroup last. And lastly, how many young kids will now--thanks to K--think that hating law enforcement is justified. No, you've fallen for the brainwash.

Has nothing to do with the NA as you are aware, its about social injustice, being a female I know all about it.
Its is perfectly acceptable for Kaepernick to made a deal with a shoe manufacturer. A large maj of vets think that is what they fought for , the freedom to peacefully protest.

So this mayor , without even looking him up, I would imagine is a white Christian man out to get Nike for making Colin K a spokesperson in their ads, that is being a protestor.

Kenner, Louisiana is nothing but a dump & if that dumbazz mayor believes he will have any impact with his dumbazz ban, then good luck Mr Mayor. LOL. What a f***ing moron Mr. Mayor is.

I lived 26 years in Louisiana & I will tell anyone with an ear to listen; That is one of the most backward assed states in the US.
Good for a short visit ( I will be there in four weeks, for a few days) but man, don't ever allow anyone to talk you into moving to the 'Hell hole' known as Louisiana. LOL

Kenner = LOL. Fuck Kenner.
There are thousands of Kenner’s across the United States. This will now be a trend. Nike will find out they fucked up big time.

And that is very scary. Next they will tell women not to wear pants, the GOP would love the time of stepford wife's.

Has nothing to do with the NA as you are aware, its about social injustice, being a female I know all about it.
Its is perfectly acceptable for Kaepernick to made a deal with a shoe manufacturer. A large maj of vets think that is what they fought for , the freedom to peacefully protest.

So this mayor , without even looking him up, I would imagine is a white Christian man out to get Nike for making Colin K a spokesperson in their ads, that is being a protestor.

Again, with the "majority of Vets think . . . "

Penny, I like and respect you. Right after I joined USMB you regularly visited my threads and gave me the gift of an opposing perspective; one which I needed to hear, even if I did not want to. I think you're a good person, from what I have read of your posts here on USMB.

That being said, here are a couple of examples--subjective and biased though they may be, of fellow Veterans neither hip to nor accepting of what Kaepernick is selling.

A close buddy of mine, a guy I have known for 36 years, who is a 23 year veteran of the Marine Corps, and who won two bronze stars during his three tours overseas and lost his baby brother--a Marine Captain helicopter pilot--to enemy fire in Iraq, has over 1700 friends on Facebook. The majority of those friends are currently serving or ex-military, and each of them also has hundreds of Facebook friend Veterans who in turn have hundreds of friends; we're talking tens of thousands of Vets.

From what I have seen browsing through his page and the pages and feeds of others, not one single Vet supports Kaepernick's so-called right to kneel for the Anthem or has expressed having fought for his "right" to do so. Penny, my buddy's brother? The one who died in Iraq in 2004? The military messed up and shipped someone else's remains back to his wife. She only found about the terrible mix-up after the remains that weren't her dead husband had been buried in Arlington NC. Of course, the whole situation had to be closed casket. Took my buddy weeks to convince her to exhume and rebury the right remains Now, Penny, do you really expect Combat Veterans like my buddy to support an NFL player's kneeling for the anthem? Do you really?

Sorry, I was going to give you some personal perspective, but it ain't happening.

Kenner, Louisiana is nothing but a dump & if that dumbazz mayor believes he will have any impact with his dumbazz ban, then good luck Mr Mayor. LOL. What a f***ing moron Mr. Mayor is.

I lived 26 years in Louisiana & I will tell anyone with an ear to listen; That is one of the most backward assed states in the US.
Good for a short visit ( I will be there in four weeks, for a few days) but man, don't ever allow anyone to talk you into moving to the 'Hell hole' known as Louisiana. LOL

There are thousands of Kenner’s across the United States. This will now be a trend. Nike will find out they fucked up big time.

And that is very scary. Next they will tell women not to wear pants, the GOP would love the time of stepford wife's.

And sadly, this goes against one of the fundamental tenets of conservatism. The whole idea of smaller, less intrusive govt has been tossed out over a relatively minor issue.

Again, with the "majority of Vets think . . . "

Penny, I like and respect you. Right after I joined USMB you regularly visited my threads and gave me the gift of an opposing perspective; one which I needed to hear, even if I did not want to. I think you're a good person, from what I have read of your posts here on USMB.

That being said, here are a couple of examples--subjective and biased though they may be, of fellow Veterans neither hip to nor accepting of what Kaepernick is selling.

A close buddy of mine, a guy I have known for 36 years, who is a 23 year veteran of the Marine Corps, and who won two bronze stars during his three tours overseas and lost his baby brother--a Marine Captain helicopter pilot--to enemy fire in Iraq, has over 1700 friends on Facebook. The majority of those friends are currently serving or ex-military, and each of them also has hundreds of Facebook friend Veterans who in turn have hundreds of friends; we're talking tens of thousands of Vets.

From what I have seen browsing through his page and the pages and feeds of others, not one single Vet supports Kaepernick's so-called right to kneel for the Anthem or has expressed having fought for his "right" to do so. Penny, my buddy's brother? The one who died in Iraq in 2004? The military messed up and shipped someone else's remains back to his wife. She only found about the terrible mix-up after the remains that weren't her dead husband had been buried in Arlington NC. Of course, the whole situation had to be closed casket. Took my buddy weeks to convince her to exhume and rebury the right remains Now, Penny, do you really expect Combat Veterans like my buddy to support an NFL player's kneeling for the anthem? Do you really?

Sorry, I was going to give you some personal perspective, but it ain't happening.

I know quite a few vets that have spoken out in favor of preserving someone’s constitutional right to protest. And I know several Vietnam vets who have pointed out that the federal govt’s treatment of veterans has been far more disrespectful than any amount of kneeling.

And sadly, this goes against one of the fundamental tenets of conservatism. The whole idea of smaller, less intrusive govt has been tossed out over a relatively minor issue.

That is the problem with a lot of partisans. They'll decide that something is right, then in the next argument fight against that very thing they said was fundamental.

Maybe the kids will follow Trump`s lead and hate our intelligence agencies and side with the KGB. A quarterback should be blamed for disrespecting our law enforcement? Which rock did you just crawl out from under?

Maybe the kids will follow Trump`s lead and hate our intelligence agencies and side with the KGB. A quarterback should be blamed for disrespecting our law enforcement? Which rock did you just crawl out from under?

An American rock named gratitude. One I suspect you've never heard of.

Why not just make a list of government approved clothing brands? And if you wear other brands you go to jail?

And make a federal law requiring people to stand for the anthem. You could reward citizens for turning in their neighbors for not standing.

I am partial to Natchitoches myself..

and when they don't -- you can always blame it on the libs and minorities -- they have purchase power too

And what about kids who’s parents bought them Nike shoes before the new scandal? Now they have to go buy another pair of shoes or their kids can’t play ball at city events? I remember a time when having to buy an extra pair of shoes would have been a financial issue.

And what about kids who’s parents bought them Nike shoes before the new scandal? Now they have to go buy another pair of shoes or their kids can’t play ball at city events? I remember a time when having to buy an extra pair of shoes would have been a financial issue.
not when you are having to buy an extra pair for freedom and Murica!

Why not just make a list of government approved clothing brands? And if you wear other brands you go to jail?

And make a federal law requiring people to stand for the anthem. You could reward citizens for turning in their neighbors for not standing.

You're using patriotism as an argument against the patriotic. There's a root growing now for over two centuries out of the soil of America's beginnings. That root must never be pulled. It is the root of love of God and Country. Freedom is one thing; freedom free of sanctifying or honoring the sacrifice to win and keep freedom, and its associated symbols, is something else. Some thing not American. You also seem to be aboard the vessel who wants or expects absolute freedom without consequence. The consequence of kneeling will be hatred of the root endowment of our American way of life.

Forum List

Back