Massive layoffs at Tesla

Well, what a surprise, a claim lacking any evidence. However, even if true - which considering the source is not likely - let's wait and weight the evidence.

The ball is now in Oddballs tiny hands.
Here you go, Francis....Suck it.

Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies

Cut off Elon Musk's Government Subsidy Gravy Train

Elon Musk Subsidies Are Bigger than Fossil Fuels Get | [site:name] | National Review

Middle Class Political Economist: Elon Musk has received billions in subsidies

And how does this compare with deals made and bills passes and grants given to BIG OIL, BIG FARMA, BIG PHARMA, and Global Corporations? I need some context before I'd trust anything you post.

There is nothing to "blow" out of the water. They are laying off thousands of employees and they aren't going to show a profit until any earlier than the 3rd quarter. Care to post a link otherwise?
They only show a profit because they're heavily subsidized...Elon Musk is one of the nation's biggest crony capitalist welfare queens.
sooner or later that house of cards is falling.

Semi-related; I saw a Tesla car in Anchorage [Alaska] this past weekend. I think it might be the first one I've actually seen in use up here (rather than at a showroom/exhibit)

I have to admit they're pretty nice looking, though I can't imagine it functions in the winter heh

In the communities I live, Tesla vehicles are commonplace. More and more charging stations are coming on line, some of the energy transferred to plug ins come from solar panels. My son owns a Chevy Volt, and we have solar panels on our roof. He has owned the car since December 2017, and has yet to visit a gas station.

My wife and I traded in our Honda Odyssey, for a RAV4 Hybrid in April, and hybrids are commonplace in our community too.

Which tells me they will fill current orders and close down. Seen it before.

:lol:

Ok, Nostrodamus. Whatever you say.
Business Insider. They’re in deep shit.
Tesla's problems are mounting - here's everything that has gone wrong so far this year

Tesla is a fucking joke

That’s what ignorant dipshits have said every time a new technology is being developed

Ford and others are making electrics they're not struggling. Of course they know what they're doing
Ford makes one all electric car and it’s trash

Semi-related; I saw a Tesla car in Anchorage [Alaska] this past weekend. I think it might be the first one I've actually seen in use up here (rather than at a showroom/exhibit)

I have to admit they're pretty nice looking, though I can't imagine it functions in the winter heh

In the communities I live, Tesla vehicles are commonplace. More and more charging stations are coming on line, some of the energy transferred to plug ins come from solar panels. My son owns a Chevy Volt, and we have solar panels on our roof. He has owned the car since December 2017, and has yet to visit a gas station.

My wife and I traded in our Honda Odyssey, for a RAV4 Hybrid in April, and hybrids are commonplace in our community too.

I don't think there's a single charging station in Alaska and hybrids don't do so well. Last I heard of a hybrid up here it was because the battery froze and exploded when they were at the store lol (Granted I don't pay attention to hybrid news up here, there's no way I'd ever buy one for up here.)

I wonder how much of the government largess provide in the $4.9 Billion alleged by Oddball is provided to Space X, and its service which alleviates NASA's costs?

The GOP seeks to privatize everything, from Prisons to the Military and to Education; Space X is well on the way to beat the government to Mars.

I don't think there's a single charging station in Alaska and hybrids don't do so well. Last I heard of a hybrid up here it was because the battery froze and exploded when they were at the store lol (Granted I don't pay attention to hybrid news up here, there's no way I'd ever buy one for up here.)

Sled dogs don't do well in the Bay Area either.

Sled dogs don't do well in the Bay Area either.

Actually not true... though it's kinder to shave them :p

Tesla to lay off almost 10 percent of its entire workforce in a desperate attempt to stay afloat. Thousands of people are being layed off. They don't even expect to show a profit until the 3rd quarter of this year.

Tesla to cut 9% of jobs in 'difficult but necessary' reorganization
Conservatives love when tech and innovation hit roadbumps. Of course, post #2 blows the OP out of the water.

Not me, I love the fact that there are alternative ways to get down the hiway. I would love a good electric vehicle, to go with my stable of automobiles.

Electric motors are instant torque and you can make one go as fast as you want, the sky might be the limit. Combustion engine have a power band they need to function within, aka.. transmission. put a 20 gear trans on an electric motor and to 300mph+, just keep it together.

Except the electric motor runs out of juice so quickly, and take so long to recharge.

Hybrids can work very well, but even the most expensive hybrid super cars are barely better than their combustion counterparts. The problem is they are so much more expensive.

If they would have a decent product line that wasn’t based primarily on electric cars perhaps they would do better. Average Americans don’t want to dick around with electric cars. They want high octane and an open road.

You apparently know nothing about Tesla cars. Telsa was the only automobile to score 99 out of 100 in the consumer reports index.

0-60 Tesla is the fastest car on the road.

A Tesla is certainly not the fastest car on the road. 0-60 times are a meaningless unless you’re a drag racer. Those fat Teslas can’t break or handle worth shit.

Like I said, 0-60, yes it is. Nothing can touch it.

If they would have a decent product line that wasn’t based primarily on electric cars perhaps they would do better. Average Americans don’t want to dick around with electric cars. They want high octane and an open road.

You apparently know nothing about Tesla cars. Telsa was the only automobile to score 99 out of 100 in the consumer reports index.

A Tesla is certainly not the fastest car on the road. 0-60 times are a meaningless unless you’re a drag racer. Those fat Teslas can’t break or handle worth shit.

The problem is Musk claims the Tesla Roadster will do 0-60 in 1.9 secs. Production isn't planned to start until 2019...until then the Porsche 918 holds the title as fastest 0-60 production car accordingly to Digital Trends

Here you go.

Yes there are a few cars that can touch it. However, they are not cars that would be comfortable to drive in the Safeway parking lot. Whereas the Tesla is comfortable in every setting.

Same here in Portland, Oregon. And we are by no means as upscale as Frisco.

Electric motors are instant torque and you can make one go as fast as you want, the sky might be the limit. Combustion engine have a power band they need to function within, aka.. transmission. put a 20 gear trans on an electric motor and to 300mph+, just keep it together.

Except the electric motor runs out of juice so quickly, and take so long to recharge.

Hybrids can work very well, but even the most expensive hybrid super cars are barely better than their combustion counterparts. The problem is they are so much more expensive.
By 2025, most EV's will have significantly more range than most ICE's on a single tank of gas. And the expense will come down significantly. Especially if the sodium solid state battery comes online.

It's not that "massive", when one considers that they've already hired 8,000 workers just this year.

They're eliminating 4,100 mid-level management positions, which I think it is interesting - they're not laying off the factory workers, but the salaried bosses.
They are a subsidized joke, and musk is a perverted moron who is living off the dole...

There is nothing to "blow" out of the water. They are laying off thousands of employees and they aren't going to show a profit until any earlier than the 3rd quarter. Care to post a link otherwise?
They only show a profit because they're heavily subsidized...Elon Musk is one of the nation's biggest crony capitalist welfare queens.
Green economic subsidies are a suck on taxpayers $$$.
^ ignores all other subsidies
Green economic subsidies at best will always have an diminishing return...

Too bad they can’t sell em.
They have a massive wait list. Their biggest problem is they can’t make them fast enough.

They can't make them at all, they can't meet the production quotas their production lines were designed for and capital expenditures require to operate 1 day in the black.
There hand built vehiclesare state of the art, their mass production model 3 has been a failure.
They are making 3,500 a week, hoping to get up to 5,000. And still can’t meet demand.

They can't meet demand that is funny. They took $1000 deposits from 500,000 people starting in March of 2016, They have made 37,000 cars so far, They are ramping up finally and maintaining quality. Their goal is 30,000 units in the second quarter, 13 week cycle, 2307 a week. They have a long way to go to get all those preorder filled.
Tesla = fraudulent

And you are a silly ass fool that will not ever be able to match Elon Musk on vision or capability. Space X is has reduced the cost to orbit by an order of magnitude. He has created a new auto company when this was considered impossible, and his cars are the cutting edge for technology not only in America, but in the world. He has shown us what a grid scale battery can do for reducing costs and making the grid more reliable with his 100 MW/hr battery in South Australia. And, with that Australian State is going to explore a whole new paradigm with a virtual power station.

But we see so many 'Conservatives' hating everything that he does. One has to wonder if maybe about half of you are Russian trolls. After all, his cars are almost totally made here in America.

Forum List

Back