Massive layoffs at Tesla

If they would have a decent product line that wasn’t based primarily on electric cars perhaps they would do better. Average Americans don’t want to dick around with electric cars. They want high octane and an open road.

You apparently know nothing about Tesla cars. Telsa was the only automobile to score 99 out of 100 in the consumer reports index.

0-60 Tesla is the fastest car on the road.

A Tesla is certainly not the fastest car on the road. 0-60 times are a meaningless unless you’re a drag racer. Those fat Teslas can’t break or handle worth shit.

Like I said, 0-60, yes it is. Nothing can touch it.

Yes there are a few cars that can touch it. However, they are not cars that would be comfortable to drive in the Safeway parking lot. Whereas the Tesla is comfortable in every setting.

Apparently not in a free market setting.

There is nothing to "blow" out of the water. They are laying off thousands of employees and they aren't going to show a profit until any earlier than the 3rd quarter. Care to post a link otherwise?
They only show a profit because they're heavily subsidized...Elon Musk is one of the nation's biggest crony capitalist welfare queens.

Well, what a surprise, a claim lacking any evidence. However, even if true - which considering the source is not likely - let's wait and weight the evidence.

The ball is now in Oddballs tiny hands.
Lol
Could be worse, it could be in the Hildabeasts colostomy bag...

Semi-related; I saw a Tesla car in Anchorage [Alaska] this past weekend. I think it might be the first one I've actually seen in use up here (rather than at a showroom/exhibit)

I have to admit they're pretty nice looking, though I can't imagine it functions in the winter heh

Here you go.

They look like shit, run like shit and are as expensive as shit...

A P100D will run off and hide from anything you own. And they are a good looking car. Of course, to a Russian, they create an inferiority complex because of the technical superiority they represent. So we feel for your hurt feeling, Russiantic.

A P100D will run off and hide from anything you own. And they are a good looking car. Of course, to a Russian, they create an inferiority complex because of the technical superiority they represent. So we feel for your hurt feeling, Russiantic.
Looks like an After thought piece of shit...

tesla-roadster_side_view.jpg

I get it, some like Tesla’s. The problem is no one should ever expect everyone else to like them at all.

LOL No one does. We are just surprised that the 'Conservatives' seem to be totally against an All American Car, more of it made right here in America than any other car manufactured here, that totally beats European luxury sedans and sports cars costing 2 to 10 times as much. Seems to prove that 'Conservatives' just cannot stand anything that represents progress.

LOL No one does. We are just surprised that the 'Conservatives' seem to be totally against an All American Car, more of it made right here in America than any other car manufactured here, that totally beats European luxury sedans and sports cars costing 2 to 10 times as much. Seems to prove that 'Conservatives' just cannot stand anything that represents progress.
Average Americans will never be able to afford the pieces of shit

Which tells me they will fill current orders and close down. Seen it before.

:lol:

Ok, Nostrodamus. Whatever you say.
Business Insider. They’re in deep shit.
Tesla's problems are mounting - here's everything that has gone wrong so far this year

Tesla is a fucking joke

That’s what ignorant dipshits have said every time a new technology is being developed

Ford and others are making electrics they're not struggling. Of course they know what they're doing

Agreed. Me say not easy make cars high-volume prod. they 50 yr. Behind US experts Jap-Kraut-SK.

If they would have a decent product line that wasn’t based primarily on electric cars perhaps they would do better. Average Americans don’t want to dick around with electric cars. They want high octane and an open road.

You apparently know nothing about Tesla cars. Telsa was the only automobile to score 99 out of 100 in the consumer reports index.

A Tesla is certainly not the fastest car on the road. 0-60 times are a meaningless unless you’re a drag racer. Those fat Teslas can’t break or handle worth shit.

The problem is Musk claims the Tesla Roadster will do 0-60 in 1.9 secs. Production isn't planned to start until 2019...until then the Porsche 918 holds the title as fastest 0-60 production car accordingly to Digital Trends

Most of Tesla’s claims are frauds. Their 0-60 isn’t consistent because of the immediate lack of power after a few launches. It couldn’t even complete a lap around the Nurburgring. It’s a total joke.

Porsche is coming out with their Mission E, now called Taycan, to compete with Tesla. It’s going to be cheaper, perform better, looks 100 times better, and no doubt will be more reliable and consistent.

Electric is fine for everyday shitbox type cars, but for sports cars they just aren’t there yet. I’ll stick to a V8 or a flat six.

You seem to have it backwards. Tesla cars are more expensive than European cars, and far more expensive than most US cars.

You seem to have it backwards. Tesla cars are more expensive than European cars, and far more expensive than most US cars.
...and are fucking ugly

Semi-related; I saw a Tesla car in Anchorage [Alaska] this past weekend. I think it might be the first one I've actually seen in use up here (rather than at a showroom/exhibit)

I have to admit they're pretty nice looking, though I can't imagine it functions in the winter heh

In the communities I live, Tesla vehicles are commonplace. More and more charging stations are coming on line, some of the energy transferred to plug ins come from solar panels. My son owns a Chevy Volt, and we have solar panels on our roof. He has owned the car since December 2017, and has yet to visit a gas station.

My wife and I traded in our Honda Odyssey, for a RAV4 Hybrid in April, and hybrids are commonplace in our community too.

I don't think there's a single charging station in Alaska and hybrids don't do so well. Last I heard of a hybrid up here it was because the battery froze and exploded when they were at the store lol (Granted I don't pay attention to hybrid news up here, there's no way I'd ever buy one for up here.)

Sled dogs don't do well in the Bay Area either.

Actually not true... though it's kinder to shave them :p

True, but it does not assist them when pulling a sled on a freeway.

Cost is a funny thing, my son's Chevy Volt has never used a pint of gas. In six months, @ $2.50 per gallon the savings over a MBZ or BMW or a Standard four-door sedan ads up. Along with his $7,500 tax rebate it makes economic sense.

In the communities I live, Tesla vehicles are commonplace. More and more charging stations are coming on line, some of the energy transferred to plug ins come from solar panels. My son owns a Chevy Volt, and we have solar panels on our roof. He has owned the car since December 2017, and has yet to visit a gas station.

My wife and I traded in our Honda Odyssey, for a RAV4 Hybrid in April, and hybrids are commonplace in our community too.

I don't think there's a single charging station in Alaska and hybrids don't do so well. Last I heard of a hybrid up here it was because the battery froze and exploded when they were at the store lol (Granted I don't pay attention to hybrid news up here, there's no way I'd ever buy one for up here.)

Sled dogs don't do well in the Bay Area either.

Actually not true... though it's kinder to shave them :p

True, but it does not assist them when pulling a sled on a freeway.

True story, dog sleds are a more reliable, less expensive, and greener form of transportation. Also, 98% of the "roads" in Alaska are ice and very well suited to dog sleds. Also, we shave them up here in the summer :p

The problem is Musk claims the Tesla Roadster will do 0-60 in 1.9 secs. Production isn't planned to start until 2019...until then the Porsche 918 holds the title as fastest 0-60 production car accordingly to Digital Trends

Most of Tesla’s claims are frauds. Their 0-60 isn’t consistent because of the immediate lack of power after a few launches. It couldn’t even complete a lap around the Nurburgring. It’s a total joke.

Porsche is coming out with their Mission E, now called Taycan, to compete with Tesla. It’s going to be cheaper, perform better, looks 100 times better, and no doubt will be more reliable and consistent.

Electric is fine for everyday shitbox type cars, but for sports cars they just aren’t there yet. I’ll stick to a V8 or a flat six.

Porsche claims it Taycan will do 0-60 in less than 3.5 secs......ooof

0-125 in less than 12 secs.

Hmm, I don't think these videos are frauds.

Hmm, I don't think these videos are frauds.

Like I said, drag racing is all electric cars are good for. Even then only a few runs.

Those Teslas can’t break or turn worth a shit.

There is nothing to "blow" out of the water. They are laying off thousands of employees and they aren't going to show a profit until any earlier than the 3rd quarter. Care to post a link otherwise?
They only show a profit because they're heavily subsidized...Elon Musk is one of the nation's biggest crony capitalist welfare queens.

I kinda thought they were subsidized as I haven't seen any of their cars on the road and I wondered where they got the money to build them.
Where do you live? Cause here in California and especially west LA every other car is a tesla. But again it's an expensive car and only a super liberal town folks can afford it.

Forum List

Back