Massive Grants Causes Global Warming

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Senator Cruz debunked global warming in six words “. . . scientists who are receiving massive grants . . .”.

“The problem with that particular statistic, which gets cited a lot,” Cruz said, “is it’s based on one bogus study, and indeed your response…is quite striking. I asked about the science and the evidence, the actual data—we have satellites, they’re measuring temperature, that should be relevant—and your answer was ‘pay no attention to your lying eyes and the numbers that the satellites show; instead listen to the scientists who are receiving massive grants who tell us do not debate the science,” Cruz added.

Ted Cruz Destroys Sierra Club President’s Global Warming Claims in Senate Hearing
by Michael Patrick Leahy7 Oct 2015

Ted Cruz Destroys Sierra Club President’s Global Warming Claims in Senate Hearing - Breitbart

Parasites never debate anything except their self-defined Right to receive tax dollars. The most famous parasite clown of them all, Al Gore, refuses to debate his idiotic claims. I believe Gore is the guy who invented the phrase “settled science.” I have it on good authority that while Gore was standing in front of Front Knox he got the idea from Ali Baba’s password: Open Sesame:

cartoon4527.png
https://cdn.andertoons.com/img/toons/cartoon4527.png

Instead of wasting time debating every freeloader who testifies before Congress on their terms, the parasites should have to prove their constitutional Right to tax dollars. In the case of environmental leeches, witnesses would also have to prove why the scientists they represent should be “granted” permission to feed at the public trough. (Have you noticed that designer-scientists never testify?)

And can you imagine every parasite group trying to justify their tax dollar incomes based on the First Amendment. Since the frauds are saving the planet based on their personal moral code they should at least explain why these sixteen words excludes them:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; . . .​

Just to be clear, environmental freakazoids are certainly free to practice their religion —— but not with tax dollars.

Last edited:
The problem among many, is they are practicing their religion using tax dollars. It is all an enormous scam that is enriching a select few.

What Cruz never mentioned is that he was talking about cherry picked data from satellites which is undergoing constant revision to try and accommodate the multitude of variables involved in determining temperature from radiances observed from space; and which has several versions, which he misrepresented either knowingly or unknowing. Knowingly would be my guess.

Cruz is a performer, performing for his base by asking a non climate scientist misleading questions.

One can see how successful he was at it, his political supporters clap like seals, everyone else...meh.

What Cruz never mentioned is that he was talking about cherry picked data from satellites which is undergoing constant revision to try and accommodate the multitude of variables involved in determining temperature from radiances observed from space; and which has several versions, which he misrepresented either knowingly or unknowing. Knowingly would be my guess.

Cruz is a performer, performing for his base by asking a non climate scientist misleading questions.

One can see how successful he was at it, his political supporters clap like seals, everyone else...meh.
He went to testify didn't he? Actually, he went to lobby, it is not Cruz's fault the dummy wasn't prepared. Sierra Club's President is a dumb fuck, wonder how did he become the president? He couldn't articulate shit...

Mair's testimony was dismissed as Cruz performed for his audience in the centre ring. They appreciated it.

clapping-seal-o.gif

I find it unfortunate that all climate scientists are being slandered by implying that funding is all that matters. (both warmers and skeptics)

that said, it is understandable that climate scientists learn that producing results that can be framed in such a way as to be useful to a favoured position will bring in further funding grants. or that adding the proper global warming jargon to the proposal will get more attention from the adjudicators.

the slide into groupthink is accomplished in small increments by continuous reinforcement, either positive for toeing the line, or negative for stepping over it.

He went to testify didn't he? Actually, he went to lobby, it is not Cruz's fault the dummy wasn't prepared. Sierra Club's President is a dumb fuck, wonder how did he become the president? He couldn't articulate shit...

he is just a figurehead, a politician. the ignorance of his 'science' advisor is really what galled me. the Pause is from the 40s! good grief, what a baboon.

Mair's testimony was dismissed as Cruz performed for his audience in the centre ring. They appreciated it.

clapping-seal-o.gif

ok..we get it.... you don't like cruz...

...and it wouldn't matter if he said the sky was blue and grass was green you'd find a silly gif to post and call him a funny name, right?

Senator Cruz debunked global warming in six words “. . . scientists who are receiving massive grants . . .”.

“The problem with that particular statistic, which gets cited a lot,” Cruz said, “is it’s based on one bogus study, and indeed your response…is quite striking. I asked about the science and the evidence, the actual data—we have satellites, they’re measuring temperature, that should be relevant—and your answer was ‘pay no attention to your lying eyes and the numbers that the satellites show; instead listen to the scientists who are receiving massive grants who tell us do not debate the science,” Cruz added.

Ted Cruz Destroys Sierra Club President’s Global Warming Claims in Senate Hearing

Ted Cruz Destroys Sierra Club President’s Global Warming Claims in Senate Hearing - Breitbart

Parasites never debate anything except their self-defined Right to receive tax dollars. The most famous parasite clown of them all, Al Gore, refuses to debate his idiotic claims. I believe Gore is the guy who invented the phrase “settled science.” I have it on good authority that while Gore was standing in front of Front Knox he got the idea from Ali Baba’s password: Open Sesame:

cartoon4527.png

Instead of wasting time debating every freeloader who testifies before Congress on their terms, the parasites should have to prove their constitutional Right to tax dollars. In the case of environmental leeches, witnesses would also have to prove why the scientists they represent should be “granted” permission to feed at the public trough. (Have you noticed that designer-scientists never testify?)

And can you imagine every parasite group trying to justify their tax dollar incomes based on the First Amendment. Since the frauds are saving the planet based on their personal moral code they should at least explain why these sixteen words excludes them:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; . . .​

Just to be clear, environmental freakazoids are certainly free to practice their religion —— but not with tax dollars.

This is one of the reasons I love Ted Cruz.

He is smarter than all of the libtards combined. He isn't going to even entertain the hoax. He's going to call the bullshit scam out for what it is.

What Cruz never mentioned is
To cnm: What parasites never mention is
why the scientists they represent should be “granted” permission to feed at the public trough.
To cnm: There is no reason for Cruz to make the case for environmental parasites. Witnesses and Democrats on the committee are there for that purpose. Indeed, designer-scientists are free to do a better job of disputing Senator Cruz than did your “. . . non climate scientist . . .”. Naturally, they would have to do so as witnesses.
(Have you noticed that designer-scientists never testify?)
he is just a figurehead, a politician. the ignorance of his 'science' advisor is really what galled me.
To IanC: I take it that Al Gore is your science advisor!
This is one of the reasons I love Ted Cruz.
To Pete 7469: Me too.

he is just a figurehead, a politician. the ignorance of his 'science' advisor is really what galled me.
To IanC: I take it that Al Gore is your science advisor!

????

what has Al Gore got to do with me?

the president of the Sierra Club should have at least the basics of climate science down pat. but he didnt. so he brought an advisor, who didnt know his stuff either.

did they think they could just blow through everything with a blustery facade? I think it is disrespectful to lobby the govt when you apparently dont have a clue as to what you're talking about.

in Canada we have a geriatric scientist by the name of David Suzuki who does the same thing. he tells everyone else they are wrong but he doesnt know the subject himself. its pathetic, just like Mair

Cruz is the modern reincarnation of Tailgunner Joe McCarthy, and eventually will suffer the same fate. A really stupid demagogue with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. That is what endears him to our "Conservatives".l

what has Al Gore got to do with me?
To IanC: The point is that Al Gore knows as much about the subject as do the pseudo-scientists who are lusting after tax dollars. A parasite with, or without, a degree in science can only repeat the same fairy tale. The instant they are confronted with provable facts they fall back on their opinion wrapped in a scare tactic.

Incidentally, Aaron Wair was talking about a consensus among 97 percent of scientists with an eye on grants. Mair was too smart to say the word “consensus” since Al Gore got in so much trouble when he first introduced it. Nowadays, they simply repeat 97 percent over and over again and pray that fools will believe consensus is fact.

Allow me to once again point out where the big originated:

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State. Joseph Goebbels

Stating that AGW proponents are saying things because of the grant money they get, begs the question of how much money denialists are getting from their sources. Remember, grant recipients actually have to do research to get the money. Denialist mouthpieces, on the other hand, only have go around throwing doubt on people doing the actual work. Who's getting more money, the guy getting a government grant or the one living off the deep pockets of the energy companies? Cruz is just another mouthpiece shilling for legalized bribes called campaign contributions.

cartoon4527.png

Kinda like how Dr. Soon, a denier got caught accepting huge grants to deny it and blame it on the Sun.

But gee, thought it was even happening at all?

yeah the satellites are DENIERS!!!

Fucking Marooooooon

Cruz is the modern reincarnation of Tailgunner Joe McCarthy, and eventually will suffer the same fate. A really stupid demagogue with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. That is what endears him to our "Conservatives".l

Tell us again how the satellites are getting it wrong and only altered data fed into a flawed computer model is the proper way to measure temperature

clapping-seal-o.gif

The guy was asking for money to protect the poor from GW. It's WHY it's obvious who is the devious whore here.
Cruz just exposed his inability to JUSTIFY this "social justice" issue. It's what we EXPECT of elected officials.

And the satellite data is just fine thank-you. Agreed for 30 years with the surface records until just recently.
You don't have a clue how it's done -- so best you don't speculate on "it's issues"..

Forum List

Back