Mass shooting at Copenhagen Mall

Did you update your comment, because I don't remember seeing this previously and I was wondering where you were getting your numbers?

The numbers were not annotated in that link, but the Wikipedia page refers to CDC data.

Police use of deadly force in the United States - Wikipedia

cdc data.jpg

My guess is another teen under clueless adult “care”. Time to be required to have a clue about those in your care.

It’s Denmark…more likely Muslim terrorist, but we’ll see

Seriously? Law enforcement officers actually shoot more white subjects than they do black.

People shot to death by U.S. police, by race 2022 | Statista
Taking the first column of 987 people shot by the police for 2017, the 2020 census indicates that white people are 57.8 percent of the population which would be 570.486 of the total shootings for 2017 (57.8% of 987 = 570.486) if the shootings equally represented each race's percentage of the poopulation. Instead the chart shows numbers below the representation of whites in the total population at 457 shootings.

Black people show in the U.S. census as being 12.7 percent of the population. Again for 2017, it shows 987 people shot & killed by the police. At 12.4 percent of the population, the black shooting numbers should be 122.388 but are instead shown as 223 which is close to double our representation in the population (12.4% of 987 = 122.388).

This means black people are shot and killed by the police at almost twice the rate of our representation of the population while whites don't even reach the threshold of their representation of the population.

You really think the police shoot someone just for fun? Do you have any idea of what they have to go through after a police shooting? The suspension, investigations, hearings, harassment, threats...
Actually before body cam, and the number of cellphones taking video, most of those shootings were reported so as to be justified, and quickly swept under the rug.

Why do you think the protesters for BLM were so upset. Because so many police officers killed black men, claiming justification, and only through later investigation, months or years later, discovered the shooting was cold blooded murder.

You really think the police shoot someone just for fun? Do you have any idea of what they have to go through after a police shooting? The suspension, investigations, hearings, harassment, threats...

And if that isn't bad enough, having to shoot someone is traumatic. Just having to work around the lowest common denominator of people in this country is bad enough. It's no wonder so many law-enforcement officers end up with broken families, drug habits, alcoholism, and suicides.
I guess you missed the winky smiley face, but no I don't think they do it for fun. However it is beyond dispute that they constantly make reference to being in fear for their lives as the reason they "had" to shoot and kill black men while white men, who have already murdered a bunch of people, and in the case I posted, had just shot 6 cops, killing several of them, don't seem to be frightened of them at all, or at least not enough for them to even shoot at them.

So the emoticon was an indication that my comment was tongue in cheek and I will try to be less circumspect next time BUT I still claim that when the police took Payton Gendron into custody, the mass shooter in Buffalo who targeted and killed 10 black people, they were patting him down like he had committed an offense no more serious than them having found an open container in his vehicle. They didn't have him on the ground, nobody was kneeling on his legs or back. They looked like they were getting ready to issue him a speeding ticket an let him go.

That is what precipitated my comment after having watched the horror of the creep above play out on the evenings news last night. I just couldn't believe that he was still alive and not shot.

Last edited:
Taking the first column of 987 people shot by the police for 2017, the 2020 census indicates that white people are 57.8 percent of the population which would be 570.486 of the total shootings for 2017 (57.8% of 987 = 570.486) if the shootings equally represented each race's percentage of the poopulation. Instead the chart shows numbers below the representation of whites in the total population at 457 shootings.

Black people show in the U.S. census as being 12.7 percent of the population. Again for 2017, it shows 987 people shot & killed by the police. At 12.4 percent of the population, the black shooting numbers should be 122.388 but are instead shown as 223 which is close to double our representation in the population (12.4% of 987 = 122.388).

This means black people are shot and killed by the police at almost twice the rate of our representation of the population while whites don't even reach the threshold of their representation of the population.

It also means Black people commit a disproportionate amount of crime. The police rarely shoot someone who doesn't deserve to be shot.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Didn't I tell you to stop talking to me? Are you senile or something that you can't remember when a woman tells you to stop with your stupidity?
Quit exhibiting your racism in unrelated threads and I will stop making you aware of it. You speak of LE like they run around looking for black people to kill for "fun or cause" all the while calling for the murder of another criminal under the guise of authority because he is white. Post #74--
I just couldn't believe that he was still alive and not shot. If you don't like be called a racist bigot--quit being one.

It also means Black people commit a disproportionate amount of crime. The police rarely shoot someone who doesn't deserve to be shot.

Oh I thought you were serious previously. Did the white guy whose photo I posted who killed 3 police officers and their doggie deserve to be shot? Why or why not?

And NO, the numbers I posted prove, based on your link, the opposite of what you stated. You claimed that the police shoot and kill more white people because there are more white people in the population when the numbers show just what I said, that white people are often NOT shot for acts more egregious than those perpetrated by black people and that black people are shot and killed at a relatively more substantial rate than white people.

And you couldn't be more mistaken if you seriously believe that black people commit more crime than whites in the U.S.

That's incorrect.

Good, I am sure you will find that I have not said anything that is not born out in your posts. You are also guilty of hijacking a thread about a mass shooting in Copenhagen and trying to make it about race.
I don't know if you have a "spouse" or not but just imagine how pissed off they are going to be when they are dragged through a rather unpleasant process, especially if you live in a community property state, just because you couldn't stop being a jackass online and tried to force your unwanted and unasked for opinions on someone else who has made it abundently clear that she's not interested in anything you have to say.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Oh I thought you were serious previously. Did the white guy whose photo I posted who killed 3 police officers and their doggie deserve to be shot? Why or why not?

And NO, the numbers I posted prove, based on your link, the opposite of what you stated. You claimed that the police shoot and kill more white people because there are more white people in the population when the numbers show just what I said, that white people are often NOT shot for acts more egregious than those perpetrated by black people and that black people are shot and killed at a relatively more substantial rate than white people.

And you couldn't be more mistaken if you seriously believe that black people commit more crime than whites in the U.S.

Look, you sound like an intelligent person, and you're probably a nice girl But I have no idea what your endgame is, or what you're trying to accomplish here.

Are you trying to make me feel guilty? I've never shot a Black person in my life, or anyone else for that matter.

Are you trying to make me turn against law-enforcement? I have no problem with them, some of my friends are law-enforcement officers. Most people look in their rear-view and see a cop behind them, they get nervous. I feel comfort.

Are you trying to get me to give up my guns? Not gonna happen. I carry every day and everywhere. Sometimes even when I'm in the house. I live in the country and we have coyotes. I collect, shoot, and repair guns. I handload ammunition for 10 different calibers.

Are you trying to change my political views? Sorry, my wife and I were both Democrats at one time. We know what they're all about, and are old enough to make our own choices.

So the claim here is that police rarely shoot people unless they need to. Only people who have benefitted from racial preference say things like that.

Consider former Franklin County, Ohio’s Deputy Sheriff Jason Meade. Meade's attitude about his job is summed up in this statement: “I hunt people; it’s a great job.” He gave a speech in church service about using deadly force on citizens citing the examples of David and Jesus. In this speech, he called the use of deadly force a form of “righteous release.” It is clear that Meade liked the ability he was given to shoot people. Jason Meade murdered Casey Goodson, a unarmed black man, on December 4, 2020. He shot him three times in the back, then claimed Goodson had a gun and his life was being threatened.

Forum List

Back