Mary Lou Retton currently in ICU ‘fighting for her life’

Doesn't sound great for her.

"Olympic gold medalist and West Virginia native Mary Lou Retton is in an Intensive Care Unit and “fighting for her life” as she battles pneumonia.

According to a *spotfund set up by her daughter, McKenna Kelley, Retton has been in the ICU for “over a week now” and has not been able to breathe on her own. Kelley said that out of respect for her mother’s privacy, she would not disclose any more details, but she did say that Retton is uninsured."
I saw her recently on a TV program. Could have been a news program. This is serious folks.

Not insured, what in the absolute f**k? I'd like to know how she supported herself all these years, did she ever work? Was she a housewife? I have to wonder how someone like her could end up that way, that's really too bad. I guess whatever wealth she has is now gone, with her name the hospital is likely to write off the debt if she dies.

Not insured, what in the absolute f**k? I'd like to know how she supported herself all these years, did she ever work? Was she a housewife? I have to wonder how someone like her could end up that way, that's really too bad. I guess whatever wealth she has is now gone, with her name the hospital is likely to write off the debt if she dies.

Why didn't you simply tell her to fuck off? Sounds like that is what you intend to do.

You actually have to sign up for Obamacare. Same with Medicaid. Try to go one thread without being a cretin.
Medicare is for those who are 65 or older. Obamacare was the shits when my son tried to sign up. He is 63 and says now he pays for it.

I was figuring that Obamacare was too expensive.
Try understanding before you go flaming, stud. :eusa_whistle:
No you weren't. And if that were the case, you would have been complaining about private insurance company's prices anyway.

Or maybe you aren't familiar.

Medicare is for those who are 65 or older.
*edited to medicaid
Obamacare was the shits when my son tried to sign up. He is 63 and says now he pays for it.
The best of a lot of bad options. We of course need single payer.

The facts that peole have to start gonfund me campaigns to stay alive or keep from going bankrupt when they get sick is a global embarrassment.

Mary Lou Retton -- an Olympic gold-winning gymnast -- is currently fighting for her life in the ICU ... this according to her daughter, who says her mom is battling a rare form of pneumonia.

I hope she is able to make a fully recovery. If you are of a certain age you remember her on just about everything including your Wheaties. I can still remember watching her at my grandparents house on the TV that was more a piece of furniture than anything else with foil on the antenna

*edited to medicaid

The best of a lot of bad options. We of course need single payer.

The facts that peole have to start gonfund me campaigns to stay alive or keep from going bankrupt when they get sick is a global embarrassment.
I can't agree. It allows for instant help and also in amounts to actually pay the doctors and hospitals. Few realize until they get on Medicare that the feds dick the doctors and hospitals out of a hell of a lot of the billing. I have had my entire bill cancelled by Medicare who refused to pay the doctor a dime. How long can Doctors deal with this?

Few realize until they get on Medicare that the feds dick the doctors and hospitals out of a hell of a lot of the billing
So do all of the private insurance companies.

It's called "contractual write off".

Look at your next settlement from your health insurance provider.

Just read this in her bio:

The USA Gymnastics scandal[edit]​

Retton was thrust back into the spotlight when the USA Gymnastics sex abuse scandal hit the news in 2016. When the Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017[33] was introduced to the 115th Congress, she and other members of USA Gymnastics met with the bill sponsor, Senator Dianne Feinstein, with the aim of convincing her to drop the bill.[34] Despite these efforts, on February 14, 2018, the Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017 was signed into law and became effective immediately.

Why would she want Feinstein to DROP the bill?

1696974152464.png

Still quite pretty! :)

Forum List

Back