Martha McSally is still telling people she voted to protect people with pre-existing conditions

I understand how you can claim that the republicans have not voted to end PE condition limitations, even though they are defunding ACA, which is the same thing. That is what we call a "Trumpism". It is like cutting the military budget to zero, while claiming that you did not abolish the military. I understand how you can use Trumpisms, and think that they make sense. However, Trumpisms don't work with democrats. They only work with Trump supporters.

Well, you're mincing words here, aren't you? And sliding in an assumption unchecked. When Republicans say they've voted to protect people with pre-existing conditions, they aren't talking about the requirement for insurance companies to them. They are offering different ways to deal with the problem. You're assuming that mandates to insurance companies are the only way to do this. Clearly, that's not true.

Where is the Republican healthcare plan? Where is Trumpcare?

GOP-Healthcare-Meme.jpg

Last edited:
I understand how you can claim that the republicans have not voted to end PE condition limitations, even though they are defunding ACA, which is the same thing. That is what we call a "Trumpism". It is like cutting the military budget to zero, while claiming that you did not abolish the military. I understand how you can use Trumpisms, and think that they make sense. However, Trumpisms don't work with democrats. They only work with Trump supporters.

Well, you're mincing words here, aren't you? And sliding in an assumption unchecked. When Republicans say they've voted to protect people with pre-existing conditions, they aren't talking about the requirement for insurance companies to them. They are offering different ways to deal with the problem. You're assuming that mandates to insurance companies are the only way to do this. Clearly, that's not true.

This will be my 5th time asking on this thread just what the GOP is suggesting to prevent Pre-existing conditions limitations.

The very best it can be is repealed. Unless you have a lot of stock in insurance companies. Is that your angle?

Really? And replace it with what? Please enlighten us...

Replace it with nothing. And then start busting up all the ill-conceived tax and regulatory policies that painted us into this corner in the first place.

Seriously, employer-provided health care was a bad idea. The dilemma of being trapped at a job because of the dependency on health insurance isn't an unfortunate side-effect. It's the fucking point. It's why employers and government have colluded to create the system in the first place. We need to tear it down and deal with the fact that we have to provide for our own health care, just like we provide for our other needs. The desperate desire to have someone else pay the bills is turning us into slaves.

A heart/lung transplant costs over $3,000,000. Nine months of fighting leukemia would cost you more than you 30 year mortgage. So will open heart surgery.

Yes. Those are things most of us can't afford. Most of us won't get them. Just like most of us won't own a mansion or a yacht. Your point?

Black, you are obviously not acquainted with an American institution called "hospitals". and the concept of a "hospital bill". I assume that your philosophy is that if you have to come down with cancer, and are not a millionaire, it would be better for you to die than to have medical care through insurance. Such a position is patently absurd, and not worthy of discussion.

This will be my 5th time asking on this thread just what the GOP is suggesting to prevent Pre-existing conditions limitations.

The high risk pools was one proposal. But I don't really take the Republican seriously on this issue. They said they'd repeal ACA, but when it came to a real vote, they couldn't quite bring themselves to do it. They realize that controlling health care gives them incredible power.

Really? And replace it with what? Please enlighten us...

Replace it with nothing. And then start busting up all the ill-conceived tax and regulatory policies that painted us into this corner in the first place.

Seriously, employer-provided health care was a bad idea. The dilemma of being trapped at a job because of the dependency on health insurance isn't an unfortunate side-effect. It's the fucking point. It's why employers and government have colluded to create the system in the first place. We need to tear it down and deal with the fact that we have to provide for our own health care, just like we provide for our other needs. The desperate desire to have someone else pay the bills is turning us into slaves.

A heart/lung transplant costs over $3,000,000. Nine months of fighting leukemia would cost you more than you 30 year mortgage. So will open heart surgery.

Yes. Those are things most of us can't afford. Most of us won't get them. Just like most of us won't own a mansion or a yacht. Your point?

Black, you are obviously not acquainted with an American institution called "hospitals". and the concept of a "hospital bill". I assume that your philosophy is that if you have to come down with cancer, and are not a millionaire, it would be better for you to die than to have medical care through insurance. Such a position is patently absurd, and not worthy of discussion.

That isn't his position you asshole.

Anyone who can read can see that.

He's saying it is a reality....not that "it would be better".

Why don't you STFU.

Black, you are obviously not acquainted with an American institution called "hospitals". and the concept of a "hospital bill". I assume that ...

Your assumptions are the problem. You assume the people can't figure out a way to finance their own health care (or do much anything else of import) without government telling them how. You never really get out of that box.

Black, you are obviously not acquainted with an American institution called "hospitals". and the concept of a "hospital bill". I assume that ...

Your assumptions are the problem. You assume the people can't figure out a way to finance their own health care (or do much anything else of import) without government telling them how. You never really get out of that box.

Black, when you come down with cancer, or heart disease, or any other debilitating disease that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to save your life, and you figure out how to pay for it out of your rainy day fund, send me a personal message to let me know, and I will take you off of my "ignore" list.

Black, when you come down with cancer, or heart disease, or any other debilitating disease that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to save your life, and you figure out how to pay for it out of your rainy day fund, send me a personal message to let me know, and I will take you off of my "ignore" list.

Why would I want you taking me off your ignore list?

He's a left wing prick. He thinks he knows it all. And somehow he thinks it would be doing you a favor to not be on his list.

He needs health insurance.

He has probably spent a million dollars getting his head pulled out of his ass.

And it keeps going back in.......

He's a left wing prick. He thinks he knows it all. And somehow he thinks it would be doing you a favor to not be on his list.

Wrong again, Sun. I have Medicare Advantage. That is universal health insurance for people over age 65 with no pre-existing conditions limitations. It is the most comprehensive coverage I have ever had, and I have been in the business for over 50 years. It is provided to me by a private insurance company. If you are lucky enough to survive to my age under the GOP plan, which does not exist, you, too, will be able to enjoy these benefits, which every other industrialized country in the world enjoys. But, of course, with the GOP defunding ACA...well, that is very "iffy", for you.

Wrong again, Sun. I have Medicare Advantage. That is universal health insurance for people over age 65 with no pre-existing conditions limitations. It is the most comprehensive coverage I have ever had, and I have been in the business for over 50 years. It is provided to me by a private insurance company. If you are lucky enough to survive to my age under the GOP plan, which does not exist, you, too, will be able to enjoy these benefits, which every other industrialized country in the world enjoys. But, of course, with the GOP defunding ACA...well, that is very "iffy", for you.

Like I said, you need it.

Your arrogant statement to dblack is classical left wing stupidity.

You need that insurance...your head is up your ass.

You like other countries....maybe you could immigrate.

If we get sick we just go to the Doctors.Doesnt cost a penny. Sick people should not have to get stressed over paying a bill.

Like I said, you need it.

Your arrogant statement to dblack is classical left wing stupidity.

You need that insurance...your head is up your ass.

You like other countries....maybe you could immigrate.

That won't be necessary. Trump has lost the House, and we are already beginning the congressional investigation of him.

Sick people should not have to get stressed over paying a bill.

Why not?
Because there is no need. Across the civilised world healthcare is recognised as a function of government.

Why healthcare and not the rest of life's necessities? Is there any principle preventing your point of view from establishing government control over every. single. thing?

Why do you choose to live as slaves to the insurance companies ?

I don't know. People have their reasons. But it IS a choice. You don't have to deal with insurance companies if you don't want to. We don't get such an option with government.

I have never seen an ObamaCare replacement bill from the GOP.

Ever.

Over eight years now since ObamaCare became law, and the GOP has yet to puke up a replacement.

You've been hoaxed and you STILL have not caught on. That is positively amazing.

Trumpies are the most submissive people I have seen in my entire life.

Forum List

Back