Marriage Equality Cases are now in all but 3 Homophobic States

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
LINK

A new day in America!!

But I'm sure the homophobes and Stormfront closet cases will go to town on this thread.

RTX112CT.jpg

Marriage equality cases are everywhere. With Alaska joining the list of court challenges, that's everywhere like all but three of the states with marriage bans. The Alaska case:

... lists as plaintiffs four couples who were married outside Alaska and one unmarried couple. It alleges that Alaska's ban on same-sex marriage violates their rights to due process and equal protection under the U.S. Constitution.

The lawsuit seeks to bar enforcement of Alaska's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage. It also calls for barring enforcement of any state laws that refuse to recognize gay marriages legally performed in other states or countries or that prevent unmarried gay couples from marrying.​

At the same time, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals is hearing arguments in a challenge to Virginia's marriage ban, with a district judge having already found the law unconstitutional, and four other federal appeals courts with nine other marriage equality cases in the works. It's basically an avalanche of lawsuits, and so far, at the district level, they're all being decided in favor of equality.

Marriage equality has always existed. Men and women have been allowed to marry each other regardless of whether they like to fudge pack or muff dive. As long as they marry the opposite gender. Always been allowed.

It's basically an avalanche of lawsuits, and so far, at the district level, they're all being decided in favor of equality.

A consequence of the fact that Federal judges are following and obeying settled and accepted 14th Amendment jurisprudence prohibiting the states from denying American citizens equal protection of the law, including marriage law.

Having failed at the ballot box the homo lobby has managed to impose gay marriage through judicial dictatorship, the will of the people be damned.

Having failed at the ballot box the homo lobby has managed to impose gay marriage through judicial dictatorship, the will of the people be damned.
The ballot box was never required, and shouldn't have been used in the first place. It's not necessary but if it was, we're now winning there too...

Do you want to crumple up the Constitution and toss it?

If not here's a site for you. I think I found the appropriate reading level.

Congress for Kids - The Three Branches of Government

That's probably where you go when someone references the Constitution.
Gay marriage has absolutely no reference iN THE Constitution. Please show where there is a right to gay marriage.

Gay marriage has absolutely no reference iN THE Constitution. Please show where there is a right to gay marriage.

Congress for Kids - The Judicial Branch

I mean I suppose you could try to abolish it if you dislike gays so much :dunno:

I mean I suppose you could try to abolish it if you dislike gays so much :dunno:

Abolish what? What clause in the Constitution gives gays special rights? Cite the clause or shut the fuck up.

i have a question about your moniker. When has being gay been considered old school?

Forum List

Back