Marines Call US Help Desk in The Middle of A Firefight To Fix Gun

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
How the hell did the Marine know who to call? And the phone number?

The weapon wasn’t firing reliably, the seconds were ticking by, and lives were at stake.

Cook surmised that the ears of the lower receiver had been bent during maintenance the night before. He instructed the Marine to pound down the ears with the bolt carrier of the rifle. Incredibly, the trick worked and the weapon resumed firing.

They accomplished that in over 30 seconds, 45 seconds, and before I knew it, they actually had the weapon firing again. They told me, ‘Thank you very much.’ They had more important things to do, and I heard a dial tone. It was that quick,” Cook said.

Thanks to Marines in Deadly Firefight Call 1 Man in US... What He Said Saved Their Lives

The weapon wasn’t firing reliably, the seconds were ticking by, and lives were at stake.

Cook surmised that the ears of the lower receiver had been bent during maintenance the night before. He instructed the Marine to pound down the ears with the bolt carrier of the rifle. Incredibly, the trick worked and the weapon resumed firing.

They accomplished that in over 30 seconds, 45 seconds, and before I knew it, they actually had the weapon firing again. They told me, ‘Thank you very much.’ They had more important things to do, and I heard a dial tone. It was that quick,” Cook said.

Thanks to Marines in Deadly Firefight Call 1 Man in US... What He Said Saved Their Lives

Probably the manual. ;) He may have had to look up the phone number.

Wow I wonder how fast we could of won WWII with Google.

Lol

Forum List

Back