Marine Corps Commander: Using Troops At Southern Border Poses Unacceptable Risk

There IS no border crisis

Yes and no, the border is a diversion for the millions of illegals in the rest of the country, so they do need to shut off the border for sometime whether a wall or other means to deal with the million's already here. I do think a wall is a waste of money not only the billion's to build but years after of maintenance.

So most Marines will tell me they are elite highly trained killers, not cops meant to guard our borders in a position which requires some PR expertise?

How many Marines did you see on that list, the one you probably didn't bother reading?

:(

ok, so now you say all that elite Marine training they go through to storm the beaches at Tarawa ARE the same troops we should be sending to sit on a wall and do police work.

In your words Marines are just like the National Guard, Border Patrol and Police Officers.

they do the same thing all over the world
..the USMC guards Naval Bases/etc
..they have guards on base
..when deployed in a combat zone, they still have to guard the area
etc

Is guarding the naval base at Pearl Harbor, and Norfolk might be a little different than the PR disaster waiting to happen border spot.

But hey, if the Marines are trained to be rent a cops, go for it. I just thought they were more aggressive troops designed to be our bad ass soldiers.
you just walk around --that's what you do---just walk around when on guard duty

Wait, I thought this border thing was because of a constant influx of invaders, a real national emergency.

So now a Marine Commandant i now a lefty huh?

Sure

have you not learned anything in the last 2 years?

Anyone that dares to disagree with Trump on anything is a lefty.

Anyone that does not have orange lips from kissing Trump's ass is a lefty.

That’s your “cool story”....BUT the truth is; those who oppose policy and ideals which put Americans First and Make America Great Again are in fact Leftists.....every time, all the time. Pay attention War Hero.

Sure

That’s your “cool story”....BUT the truth is; those who oppose policy and ideals which put Americans First and Make America Great Again are in fact Leftists.....every time, all the time. Pay attention War Hero.

Wait, I spent a decade hearing the leftists wanted tariffs and tariffs were the bane of small government / free market capitalism.

Sure

Why do you hate our country and think it is not a great country?

Sure

Watch our local news one night....We call it Wetbacks Gone Wild. Tells the whole tale.

President Trump is putting his border wall ahead of the safety of our troops, my friends

Marine Corps Commandant Gen. Robert Neller has warned Pentagon leaders that President Trump’s deployment of active-duty troops to the U.S.-Mexico border and transferring Defense Department funds to support the administration’s border security efforts is creating “unacceptable risk” to the service’s combat readiness.

Neller's is the strongest warning yet from a military leader about the dangers Trump’s border security efforts pose to military readiness.

In two memos sent March 18 and March 19, first obtained by the Los Angeles Times, Neller said that he has canceled or reduced planned military training in at least five countries as well as delayed badly needed base repairs due to Trump’s “unplanned/unbudgeted” border deployment last fall and emergency declaration funding efforts.

Marine Corps commander: Using troops at southern border an 'unacceptable risk' to readiness

Trump should fire the bum for publicly challenging his boss's authority. He can't lead a troop of girl scouts. Just what military readiness will be compromised by putting a few of our many troops along the border? Does this clown seriously claim having troops in Afghanistan or somewhere is more vital to the use of our military than right here at home actually defending our border???

Sure

Watch our local news one night....We call it Wetbacks Gone Wild. Tells the whole tale.

Well, I am sorry that you hate this country and think it is not great, but I think it is the greatest country on the planet.

If you hate it so much, there are lots of other choices for a millionaire like you to move to.

Marine Corps Commandant Gen. Robert Neller has warned Pentagon leaders that President Trump’s deployment of active-duty troops to the U.S.-Mexico border and transferring Defense Department funds to support the administration’s border security efforts is creating “unacceptable risk” to the service’s combat readiness.

Neller's is the strongest warning yet from a military leader about the dangers Trump’s border security efforts pose to military readiness.

In two memos sent March 18 and March 19, first obtained by the Los Angeles Times, Neller said that he has canceled or reduced planned military training in at least five countries as well as delayed badly needed base repairs due to Trump’s “unplanned/unbudgeted” border deployment last fall and emergency declaration funding efforts.

Marine Corps commander: Using troops at southern border an 'unacceptable risk' to readiness

Trump should fire the bum for publicly challenging his boss's authority. He can't lead a troop of girl scouts. Just what military readiness will be compromised by putting a few of our many troops along the border? Does this clown seriously claim having troops in Afghanistan or somewhere is more vital to the use of our military than right here at home actually defending our border???

you would have made a great Nazi commander.

Sure

Well, I am sorry that you hate this country and think it is not great, but I think it is the greatest country on the planet.

If you hate it so much, there are lots of other choices for a millionaire like you to move to.

You’re so full of shit...and you know it....right now, much of this country is a fucking shithole...thanks to your wetback buddies and the degenerate filth you lowlifes manifest and foster.
Again, pay attention War Hero...we’re in the middle of Making It Great Again.

I don't know where this new breed of political Commandants are coming from but imagine what would have happened if the Marine Corps commander had determined that the invasion of Iwo Jima was an "unacceptable risk". He would still be doing time in federal prison.

You’re so full of shit...and you know it....right now, much of this country is a fucking shithole...thanks to your wetback buddies and the degenerate filth you lowlifes manifest and foster.

America is already great, the fact that America haters like you do not think so, does not change that fact.

How many Marines did you see on that list, the one you probably didn't bother reading?

ok, so now you say all that elite Marine training they go through to storm the beaches at Tarawa ARE the same troops we should be sending to sit on a wall and do police work.

In your words Marines are just like the National Guard, Border Patrol and Police Officers.

they do the same thing all over the world
..the USMC guards Naval Bases/etc
..they have guards on base
..when deployed in a combat zone, they still have to guard the area
etc

Is guarding the naval base at Pearl Harbor, and Norfolk might be a little different than the PR disaster waiting to happen border spot.

But hey, if the Marines are trained to be rent a cops, go for it. I just thought they were more aggressive troops designed to be our bad ass soldiers.
you just walk around --that's what you do---just walk around when on guard duty

Wait, I thought this border thing was because of a constant influx of invaders, a real national emergency.
invaders are a great threat--again--foreigners killed more on 9-11 than at Pearl H
it is a GREAT threat
terrorists/etc try to come over the border =here:
Report: U.S.-bound Syrians arrested in Honduras with fake passports

America is already great, the fact that America haters like you do not think so, does not change that fact.

Haha...funny how shitty people always think shitholes are great. All the cockroaches in East Los Angeles think the place is beautiful and amazing...ones perception is ones reality....right?

hahhaha-rookies and bootcampers you are
the USMC used a lot of reservists at Inchon/Pusan and the Chosin
reservists that did not as much training as active duty
read some history
.....even the active duty Marine strength was not high--they had to pick and scrape the barrel just to get the landing forces for Inchon..they were NOT doing exercises all over the world
...and the Marines STILL kicked A$$
...if the fireteam is proficient= then the squad will be= and the platoon= and the company and so on and so on

the Marines are just as ready and we are saving $$$ by not going to ----hahahahhahah--Mongolia!!!!!

What’s “great” about millions of homeless Vets / people pissing, shitting and dying in our streets?
What’s “great” about one third of our population being illegal and or present by illegal means?
What’s “great” about a society that isn’t likeminded?
What’s “great” about extreme tension between citizens?
What’s “great” about stagnant wages held down by 21st century slaves?
What’s “great” about a middle class that can’t get ahead or save a dime?
What’s “great” about $22 trillion in debt?
What’s “great” about eight hour wait times behind illegal wetbacks in emergency rooms?
What’s “great” about two hour travel times to go 45 miles?
What’s “great” about neglected infrastructure?

Tell us....what’s great again?
GDP?
Liberty?

Your turn.

Haha...funny how shitty people always think shitholes are great. All the cockroaches in East Los Angeles think the place is beautiful and amazing...ones perception is ones reality....right?

damn, you think America is a shithole. It is good to see your true colors come out! If you hate America that much, why not take your millions somewhere else?

Forum List

Back