Marijuana

Should Marijuana be legalized for medical purposes?

• Total voters
Secondly, there are studies that show hemp fights cancer. Not many, but a few.

But nothing else is shown to fight Cancer..................so why are we stalling on the research? Big Government.

That is a bit of a politically motivated video. If it were my kid, I would do one of two things. Move to a different state, or if it has been legalized in their state? They should grow it themselves. It isn't that hard.

"Politically Motivated"?

So where is the freedom if your kid has 17 seizures a day and they are forced to uproot their entire family and move to Colorado? You do understand FREEDOM, correct?

On no no no. You seem to get me wrong. While I am on your side of the debate here, you need to understand a few things. They are USING a small child for politics. I find that dispicable.

They make it seem like they are helpless, like it is in the GOVERNORS hands whether THEIR child gets the medicine he needs. According to law, if the law is like the medical marijuana law in most states, THEY could make it themselves.

That is, IF they cared and didn't want to impose their beliefs and their views on the rest of the state. THEY HAVE THE FREEDOM NOW to do so. If the state has a medical marijuana law, then they have that freedom.

You have to understand the ROOT of the medical marijuana laws. The elites that run the nation, KNOW things that average slobs don't. Namely, the marijuana has some very beneficial properties for the human body, especially now in our modern world so filled with cancer risks; like chemical exposures, the EMP from all our electronics, the huge amounts of radiation from WiFi sent out from every conceivable router here and there, not to mention the cell phone towers, plus they spray constantly annually for mosquitoes and there is the fertilizer run off from the fields. The food we eat is poisoned. . . etc. Well hell, I'll just go with my avatar. . .

When the elites get cancer or have health problems, they want to be able to have access or be able to grow the stuff. If these parents can't grow the stuff, or find a black market connection, then do they really care about their child? Or is this a political stunt? After all, they can get the paper work necessary to legally possess. So what they are demanding here, is that the ECONOMY BE CHANGED TO SUIT THEM. That is political.

That still doesn't mean these folks can't grow it themselves. It isn't that hard. If you can grow tomatoes, you can grow this. If they want to have something to treat their kid, go out and do it. What is stopping them? Are we not still Americans? Since when are we going to let the elites create a two-tiered society?

If these parents can't grow the stuff, or find a black market connection, then do they really care about their child? If you bring Hemp Seed Oil into certain Cities and give it to your child and get busted, they can take your child away from you. So you can either scream, "I cared in an underground way and lost my child I said I cared for" or fight for an open form of medicine.

Marijuana is a very controversial topic in our political world today, and I would like to know what our society has to say itabout the way some view it. Some people think it is a Class A drug that is fatal and similar to all the other hard core drugs (i.e. Ecstacy and LSD). But others, like me, know that marijuana is just another plant found in the wilderness that has medical compounds that can help the ill. Yes, marijuana does have psychoactive compounds, but there is no doubt that there are other drugs prescribed by doctors that are more potent. Oxycontin and Morphine are prescribed to patients with chronic pain, but the symptoms are a bit psychoactive. Unlike those drugs, marijuana has a chemical compound called Cannabidiol (CBD) that can be extracted away from the psychoactive compounds in it; such as Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). If there is proof that marijuana has medical purposes then why is it classified as a Class A drug? Yes, it is used as a recreational drug at times, but that does not give an excuse to make it illegal because, unlike alcohol or tobacco, it is not fatal. Marijuana can be harmful in the sense that one can develop lung cancer for smoking it, but there are healthier ways to use marijuana; for instance, cooking it and consuming it. If there are ways to avoid harmful circumstances under marijuana than why shouldn't it be the first drug recommendation to patients? These are things society needs to learn about to fully understand the debate on marijuana. If evidence is not being shown to society then how would any one know what marijuana really is? What are your thoughts and opinions? The link provided is for any one who wants to learn more about marijuana and it's medical purposes by Dr. Sanja Gupta. (copy and paste link)

Should be legalized across the board. Regulated like alcohol, but legal.

Criminalizing personal marijuana use is a moronic waste of time, money, and life.
Using marijuana is a moronic waste of time, money, and life.

How is it any different from alcohol? In fact, I would be willing to bet it is more safe and that you are able to function better while under the influence of marijuana as opposed to beer or other forms of alcohol. Marijuana is a plant. Alcohol is a man-made poison. Yet one is legal and one is not. Hmm. Don't you find that interesting? This is all about government control and who is lining their pockets as far as lobbyists go.

Users should be shot on sight. They are as worthless as any other walking dead.

So I should be shot on sight?

I've had a prescription for medical marijuana for several years. It's helping to save my life from cancer.

The medication I have to take so that the cancer won't return and kill me makes everything I put in my mouth not stay in my stomach. I've tried all the pills and they don't work. The only thing that works to keep food in my stomach in marijuana.

Without it, I wouldn't be able to stay on this cancer drug and would probably be dead by now.

Alcohol doesn't have any medical benefits. In fact it destroys lives. Why aren't you demanding that everyone who drinks be shot on sight?

Seems to me you want a lot of people killed. What is it with you conservatives and wanting to kill so many people?

Marijuana?
Intentionally inhaling smoke into the lungs is dumb.
So is eating too much sugar or processed foods.
It alters judgement and cognitive function.
So does alcohol or adhd meds.
Should be legal. If you mess up under the influence, as with alcohol, you should pay the appropriate penalty

I've been around pot heads and their devastated families for over 30 years. It's a mercy when they finally stroke out. As long as they haven't taken too many with them when they go. There are two pot shops a block from here. I love it when one of them wanders onto Wilshire and gets creamed. Let someone else call 911.

My family is not devastated by marijuana.

My family was devastated by the diagnosis of breast cancer that I received a few years ago. My daughter was so devastated her skin turned so white that below her eyes were all black. She could barely breathe. She had gone through my dad who had liver cancer and knew that it kills. My daughter was 12 years old when I had to tell her I had cancer. If you've ever had to look into the eyes of your child and tell them you have cancer you would know how stupid your post is about marijuana.

Marijuana is making it possible for my child to still have her mother. If it were up to you my daughter wouldn't have her mother anymore.

People like you make me so disgusted.

Funny how the freedom fighting hater dupes are violently against this...and choice in many ways...

It's just that most of us know so many potheads who never were in pain but hold medical marijuana licenses. These people use it as a crutch to get through their own reality.

I've been around pot heads and their devastated families for over 30 years. It's a mercy when they finally stroke out. As long as they haven't taken too many with them when they go. There are two pot shops a block from here. I love it when one of them wanders onto Wilshire and gets creamed. Let someone else call 911.

My family is not devastated by marijuana.

My family was devastated by the diagnosis of breast cancer that I received a few years ago. My daughter was so devastated her skin turned so white that below her eyes were all black. She could barely breathe. She had gone through my dad who had liver cancer and knew that it kills. My daughter was 12 years old when I had to tell her I had cancer. If you've ever had to look into the eyes of your child and tell them you have cancer you would know how stupid your post is about marijuana.

Marijuana is making it possible for my child to still have her mother. If it were up to you my daughter wouldn't have her mother anymore.

People like you make me so disgusted.
People like you, Dana7360, are the people the government should focus on. Not the abusers that so many call pot heads because people will abuse anything no matter what time or century we are in. I've read about all types of disease marijuana treats and how it saves lives, but it still is a struggle for some patients to get a safe legal prescription in the state they live. I live in North Carolina and it is still considered illegal but there is a law on the November ballot to support it in hopes of legalization STRICTLY for medical purposes. My role in this is that I'm trying to spread the word by displaying marijuana in its medical form so people can better understand what it is and HOW it saves lives. Maybe more people would understand what good it gives instead of the bad name it has already.

Personally I think they should legalize it and the govt should tax it and regulate it like they do tobacco.

Money to be made there for the Govt and no more folks in jail for having marijuana.

I also don't care if people smoke pot in the privacy of their homes.

As for the medical deal? Not sure if it even works as those who advocate it say that it does.

Right now Florida is voting on whether or not to legalize medical marijuana.

I've never smoked pot of done drugs. To me you might as well put your money in a pile and set a match to it.

I have much better things to spend my money on.

Marijuana is a very controversial topic in our political world today, and I would like to know what our society has to say itabout the way some view it. Some people think it is a Class A drug that is fatal and similar to all the other hard core drugs (i.e. Ecstacy and LSD). But others, like me, know that marijuana is just another plant found in the wilderness that has medical compounds that can help the ill. Yes, marijuana does have psychoactive compounds, but there is no doubt that there are other drugs prescribed by doctors that are more potent. Oxycontin and Morphine are prescribed to patients with chronic pain, but the symptoms are a bit psychoactive. Unlike those drugs, marijuana has a chemical compound called Cannabidiol (CBD) that can be extracted away from the psychoactive compounds in it; such as Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). If there is proof that marijuana has medical purposes then why is it classified as a Class A drug? Yes, it is used as a recreational drug at times, but that does not give an excuse to make it illegal because, unlike alcohol or tobacco, it is not fatal. Marijuana can be harmful in the sense that one can develop lung cancer for smoking it, but there are healthier ways to use marijuana; for instance, cooking it and consuming it. If there are ways to avoid harmful circumstances under marijuana than why shouldn't it be the first drug recommendation to patients? These are things society needs to learn about to fully understand the debate on marijuana. If evidence is not being shown to society then how would any one know what marijuana really is? What are your thoughts and opinions? The link provided is for any one who wants to learn more about marijuana and it's medical purposes by Dr. Sanja Gupta. (copy and paste link)

John Lennon said it best, it is "a harmless giggle".

Love that stuff, been smoking it 50 years, and I am in much better shape than any other 66 year old I know.

LIGHT UP OR LEAVE ME ALONE!

The police in Colorado are warning people to be on the watch for marijuana poisoned candy. They are expecting crowded emergency rooms.
Yeah, at $20 a bag, they are going to be giving out the pot gummy bears by the barrel.

It's stupid shit like that that makes people vote against the right.

The right should mind its own business on personal issues, and stick to running the country on a budget, and paying the debt.

Social issues are the death of the right.

The police in Colorado are warning people to be on the watch for marijuana poisoned candy. They are expecting crowded emergency rooms.
Yeah, a $20 a bag, they are going to be giving out the pot gummy bears by the barrel.

It's stupid shit like that that makes people vote against the right.

The right should mind its own business on personal issues, and stick to running the country on a budget, and paying the debt.

Social issues are the death of the right.

Yeah, the police never did give out a warning.

Halloween Candy May Contain Marijuana Denver Police Warn

That's what smoking pot does to you. The facts do no penetrate the haze.

Forum List

Back