Marijuana to Blame for Increased Drug Use in 2009, Government Report Says

That's why Los Angeles closed down all the disipensaries. To much money collected in taxes and way less crime.
The police and prison guard unions are affected by the reduction in marijuana arrests, the bottom lines of the prison construction, liquor, and pharamaceutical industries are hit hard by readily available marijuana. And Obama evidently is responsive to these influences.

Last edited:
It had nothing to do with a citizen seige on City Hall until the City Council withdrew the business licenses. None at all.

LA has had 18 years of legalized marijuana and changed their minds.

You don't really understand the law or the decision to pull those licenses. It has nothing to do with marijuana arrests. Marijuana is still legal under state law. No one is going to be arrested for having pot and they haven't been arrested for 18 years. It is just illegal to sell it. They can't sell without a business license, and there is a prohibition on business licenses.

The change in the law is that anyone with a prescription can grow up to three plants in a collective of up to three persons. They cannot sell the pot, barter it, or trade it for anything but other kinds of pot, but they can give it away. Prescriptions can only be written by legitimate doctors who carry malpractice insurance and are in good standing with the California Board of Medical Examiners. This puts an end to "clinic" doctors.

The cartels had taken over the legal clinics and started attacking competitors. They paid city officials (Cudahy is full of them) to get permits and licensing. LA finally had enough.

growing your own is the way, the government sprays mexican weed with chemicals.
Nice way to treat your teenagers republitools.
It is a little-known fact that back in the seventies the DEA routinely sprayed marijuana crops with a toxic herbicide and then reported analyses of "seized samples" that showed marijuana to have "extremely toxic properties."

some ignorant folks in this thread, on BOTH sides of the issue.

Pot IS addictive and it is a gateway drug, for SOME.
And SOME cops are sexual degenerates who impose their authority on women offenders, including traffic offenders, to extort sexual favors. Would you deny that?

Now let's talk about the percentage of such cops -- and the percentage of those individual addictive personalities who become "hooked" on marijuana and graduate to other drugs. Don't you think citing extreme exceptions to a given rule is a rather desperate way to make an argument?

Oh, to answer the LEO question. I know first hand of pot heads attacking LEO, for a variety of reasons. No, it isn't like meth , which just makes a person lose their minds, but a pothead will act aggressively just like any other criminal if they think they are about to be arrested.
If you're talking about someone sedated on marijuana, or anything else, attacking a narc, that is perfectly understandable. Narcs (and vice cops) are the scumbags of law enforcement and they deserve to be attacked.

some ignorant folks in this thread, on BOTH sides of the issue.

Pot IS addictive and it is a gateway drug, for SOME.

Oh, to answer the LEO question. I know first hand of pot heads attacking LEO, for a variety of reasons. No, it isn't like meth , which just makes a person lose their minds, but a pothead will act aggressively just like any other criminal if they think they are about to be arrested.

Most hardcore drug addicts start with milk. It's forced upon them in their infancy. I blame milk.

"Gateway drug" is a bullshit myth. To make the claim, one must show cause-effect. That's something that's never been done. I know too many people, who in their old age, who are still smoking an occasional doobie, and have never "graduated" to harder, addictive drugs.
I used marijuana regularly throughout the sixties and seventies. So did my late wife (a clinical psychologist). Neither of us ever even sampled any other recreational substance. I don't even use beverage alcohol and never did.

Also, my wife and I both stopped using marijuana abruptly in 1982 when Ronald Reagan and his addicted little ditzy wife commenced the madness. And while we missed the pleasure of the marijuana effect we experienced no craving whatsoever. So much for the addictive theory.

It had nothing to do with a citizen seige on City Hall until the City Council withdrew the business licenses. None at all.

You don't really understand the law or the decision to pull those licenses. It has nothing to do with marijuana arrests. Marijuana is still legal under state law. No one is going to be arrested for having pot and they haven't been arrested for 18 years. It is just illegal to sell it. They can't sell without a business license, and there is a prohibition on business licenses.

The change in the law is that anyone with a prescription can grow up to three plants in a collective of up to three persons. They cannot sell the pot, barter it, or trade it for anything but other kinds of pot, but they can give it away. Prescriptions can only be written by legitimate doctors who carry malpractice insurance and are in good standing with the California Board of Medical Examiners. This puts an end to "clinic" doctors.

The cartels had taken over the legal clinics and started attacking competitors. They paid city officials (Cudahy is full of them) to get permits and licensing. LA finally had enough.

Pressure from the FEDS and DEA caused all that.
Without DEA and FED pressure and threats of $$$ being withheld twisty would be legal in all states.
Absurd it is illegal now. Ask any street beat cop and he will tell you.
Twisty is NO problem.
And I do not smoke it.

Pressure from the FEDS and DEA caused all that.
Without DEA and FED pressure and threats of $$$ being withheld twisty would be legal in all states.
Absurd it is illegal now. Ask any street beat cop and he will tell you.
Twisty is NO problem.
And I do not smoke it.

I've talked to a lot of beat cops, and they all say the same thing. The penalties should be increased.

I had a conversation with an attorney for the UN about this. He has been all over the world including countries that have legalized drugs and knows just how well it works or doesn't work.

Drugs are not the problem. No matter what kind, drugs are not a problem. The problem is the number of people who cannot get through the day without the escape of getting high. The more drugs are legal, the more people will take advantage of escaping life by getting high. Even if the number of people getting high increases only slightly, the level of impairment will grow as the people move more wholly into drugs. People who cannot function will do anything to get high, they will sniff glue, fermented sewage, hang themselves, and take any kind of pill without even knowing what it is. The working public will be required to provide more and more support for those who are less and less able to care for themselves. Drugs cannot be eliminated. It's the users who must be eliminated.

It's going to be legal, the hard core religious right will just need to be pulled into the 21st century kicking and screaming.

I agree with you topspin, it will eventually be legal again... That said, until then it is still ILLEGAL and I will show little pity for those ignorant enough to get caught smoking/with it.
Which places you in the part of the problem category rather than being part of the solution. Submission to wrongful oppression is the best way to prolong it. Active (often painful) resistance is the way to effect change. Ignorance is not understanding that.

It's going to be legal, the hard core religious right will just need to be pulled into the 21st century kicking and screaming.

I agree with you topspin, it will eventually be legal again... That said, until then it is still ILLEGAL and I will show little pity for those ignorant enough to get caught smoking/with it.
Which places you in the part of the problem category rather than being part of the solution. Submission to wrongful oppression is the best way to prolong it. Active (often painful) resistance is the way to effect change. Ignorance is not understanding that.

Pot smokers are wrongful oppressors. Why should I submit to them?

Im smoking some early girl I grew right now and its soooo good...it buds in early august in late oct I will harvest a crop of hash plants and that will supply me until next year..I used to grow more but now I just grow a few pounds a year for personal

How about some proof.

from your link..."Hemp also has little potential to produce high-content THC when pollinated. As long as industrial hemp plants are pollinated "

the same is true with marijuana for smoking use..you want to remove the males so they wont pollinate as it will reduce the potency of the weed if it goes to seed

Last edited:
Why does everybody always pick on pot and potheads?

Hold marijuana harmless! It is good for you and makes you smarter! It actually PREVENTS addiction to other, *bad* drugs including alcohol and heroin. No, really. If you make a tea out of it and drink it every day at sunset, you will live to 150 years and not look a day over 16.

Forum List

Back